Homebrew postLoader4

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow... lot of work this time stfour, worth the 4 day wait!

I have noticed that when run under real NAND, the channels read from my USB held NAND display the game names on the bottom line of your interface (e.g. 'Bejeweled 2') and appear to sorted alphabetically by this name. When run under NEEK2O this game name is replaced by the title ID (e.g. WJWE). Just to clarfiy what I mean, they obviously both show the ID on the first line of the display (next to where it says 'WiiWare'), but underneath this line the game name isn't shown (just the ID is repeated) when accessed under NEEK2O.

I think the former should be the correct behaviour so I'm guessing there's a bug in the game name display and sorting when running under NEEK2O.

EDIT: I also love the new 'pop-up' when you select a game (far better than just immediately launching as it lets you back out if you pick something by accident). Would it also be possible to implement the '+' and '-' buttons whilst in this view to go immediately to the next / previous game? Most USB launchers do this and it's a nice way to scroll through your titles without having to keep pointing at the screen.

Reactions: 1 person

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

I have noticed that when run under real NAND, the channels read from my USB held NAND display the game names on the bottom line of your interface (e.g. 'Bejeweled 2') and appear to sorted alphabetically by this name. When run under NEEK2O this game name is replaced by the title ID (e.g. WJWE). Just to clarfiy what I mean, they obviously both show the ID on the first line of the display (next to where it says 'WiiWare'), but underneath this line the game name isn't shown (just the ID is repeated) when accessed under NEEK2O.

I think the former should be the correct behaviour so I'm guessing there's a bug in the game name display and sorting when running under NEEK2O.
I've noticed this as well. It's a pain only when you don't have a cover for the WiiWare your trying to play. And most of us don't remember the Title ID lol. And I like his idea about the "+" and "-" to view the next game or app.

A couple of bugs so far on 3.67:
-DML games are not being recognized. Other loaders are still recognizing DML and going back to 3.66.1 DML games can be seen.
-NTFS Partition with games is not being recognized rebuilding cache shows no games.
-When closing/exiting the system options menu, there is a 7 second or so lag prior to closing the menu.

Love the new additions by the way stfour. Launching with pln2o nand works like a dream, this beast of a program just keeps getting better and better. Let me know if there's anything I can report to help.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you MassiveRican ;)

For me ntfs is working fine, I've tryed ntfs only disc and partition mixed fat32+ntfs disc.

postLoader 3.67.1 (available also as online update)

* dml game scanner is working again
* priibooter_gui (2.2): background fade-in during hdd initialization was missing

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* added support for ntfs (but actually only first partition is used for homebrew/dml, also remember that emunand, neek and a lot of hb doesn't works with ntfs)

Does this mean that wbfs files will be detected if they are located on my ntfs partition?

Partition 1 (fat32)
NAND files

Partition 2 (ntfs)
games folder with wbfs files

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
* added support for ntfs (but actually only first partition is used for homebrew/dml, also remember that emunand, neek and a lot of hb doesn't works with ntfs)

Does this mean that wbfs files will be detected if they are located on my ntfs partition?

Partition 1 (fat32)
NAND files

Partition 2 (ntfs)
games folder with wbfs files
Absolutely not.. have no fear that postLoader would delete any wbfs files on your NTFS partition. He's just reminding you that most homebrew works with primary partition Fat32, so don't go putting all your apps in the NTFS partition.

@[member='stfour'] still a no go on recognizing my NTFS partition. Maybe testing out on my drive would help figure out what kind of calling to check for NTFS partitions would work best lol. Let me know if you have anything I can test for you. Later

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Quick question: How do I change the Video Mode for DML titles in the latest version? I seriously have no idea what to do at this point, it's not in the Game Options, it's not in System Options, it's not in Advanced options. All I want to do is Force PAL. ;)

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely not.. have no fear that postLoader would delete any wbfs files on your NTFS partition. He's just reminding you that most homebrew works with primary partition Fat32, so don't go putting all your apps in the NTFS partition.

MassiveRican, thanks for the reply, I'm not worried about them being deleted, I asked if they will be detected. For example, if I boot to my fat32 neek2o emunand, will I be able to see the wbfs files located on my ntfs partition?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MassiveRican, thanks for the reply, I'm not worried about them being deleted, I asked if they will be detected. For example, if I boot to my fat32 neek2o emunand, will I be able to see the wbfs files located on my ntfs partition?

No, this isn't possible. neek2o support only fat32 for wbfs file. Basically the direct support for ntsf actually is usefull for who want to have single ntfs partition. For example now gc games can be copied from ntsf to sd.

@[member='Foxi4']: now it is automatically configured. If required I can go back to manual mode, but I can't see any beneficts.

@[member='MassiveRican']: loaders can see your ntfs partition ?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dml: fixed the bug that could prevent displaying of games on more than one disc (from usb only)..

Wait, does this mean that dml works from usb now? I know it's probably too much to hope for, but it just made me wonder.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dml: fixed the bug that could prevent displaying of games on more than one disc (from usb only)..

Wait, does this mean that dml works from usb now? I know it's probably too much to hope for, but it just made me wonder.

Absolutely not. postLoader copy to sd the gc game if required, before executing it...

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

EDIT: I also love the new 'pop-up' when you select a game (far better than just immediately launching as it lets you back out if you pick something by accident). Would it also be possible to implement the '+' and '-' buttons whilst in this view to go immediately to the next / previous game? Most USB launchers do this and it's a nice way to scroll through your titles without having to keep pointing at the screen.

I've miss your post. I will check soon ;)

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I've miss your post. I will check soon ;)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens, you store the dml games on a usb, select it and it gets copied to the sd and then launched? That could be useful, it's almost like launching from usb but not...

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

No, this isn't possible. neek2o support only fat32 for wbfs file. Basically the direct support for ntsf actually is usefull for who want to have single ntfs partition. For example now gc games can be copied from ntsf to sd.

@[member='Foxi4']: now it is automatically configured. If required I can go back to manual mode, but I can't see any beneficts.

@[member='MassiveRican']: loaders can see your ntfs partition ?

@[member='game_rat'] sorry don't know what I was looking at "deleted = detected" musta been my dyslexia

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='stfour'] Yes loaders see my NTFS partition, mainly WiiFlow but CFG sees it as well as well as apps like wiixplorer. If we find out why the NTFS partition isn't being seen maybe it'll explain why I can't launch wiiflow (app) from within my NTFS partition. Wiiflow sees and launches my games when the app is on my Fat Partition but doesn't launch from NTFS using any forwarder, including wiiflow forwarder v11d.

This is interesting... the code is using pl is almost the same..

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='MassiveRican']: please get > and run it with an sd inside the wii.

it will create on sd the following files

mbr.dat
part0.dat
part1.dat
etc..
etc..

send the created files to me (you have a pm)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice