Homebrew postLoader4

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may not be the right place but I think it is a postloader feature. I read elsewhere that there's a way to make it so you're installed wiiware/vc doesn't show up in uneek but will still show in postloader. How would I go about doing this? Thanks, hopefully this is the right place to ask :)

dapaua

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,
I found a very small bug. With the new confirmation screen that appears afer choosing an app or game, the "a" button on the classic controller is not accepted as confirmation.
This is a great piece of sotware. Thanks for your hard work, stfour.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This may not be the right place but I think it is a postloader feature. I read elsewhere that there's a way to make it so you're installed wiiware/vc doesn't show up in uneek but will still show in postloader. How would I go about doing this? Thanks, hopefully this is the right place to ask :)

So you would like to hide channels in system menu but show them in postloader ? Right ?

Hi,
I found a very small bug. With the new confirmation screen that appears afer choosing an app or game, the "a" button on the classic controller is not accepted as confirmation.
This is a great piece of sotware. Thanks for your hard work, stfour.

Thank you ! I will check soon ;)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually it isn't possibile with postloader... this is something I and obcd are talking about.

I think that snort48+ allow you to do something like that...

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's a feature that would be a very useful feature. I know for me at least having too many channels showing causes issues with uneek but that's not an issue for this thread. Love your program btw.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I 'hide' channels by deleting them in the uid.sys (I think) file. There's a java app on a gbatemp thread somewhere that does it via a nice GUI. As the system menu needs an entry in this file, the games don't show once removed. As postloader doesn't seem to read it so still shows all games for you. The only downside I've come across is that once a game is played it is re-inserted into the uid.sys file and so re-appears in the system menu. Every now and again you may need to have a little 'clean' to remove the entries again (I've only ever needed to once).

Also, when the game isn't in the uid.sys you can't see the saved game data for it as the entry is needed. However as soon as a game is played and an entry put back in the file, the old save game data is immediately accessible and it doesn't appear to have harmed the data in any way.

I remember having a to and fro with stfour once about this and he talked about possibly implementing a 'clean uid.sys' feature into pl3 but the idea dropped off the radar with all the other (probably more useful) features he put in!! As it stands I don't think it's needed to be honest. It was much more important before neek2o came along as the 'original' NEEK seemed to have a real problem (at least for me) with big NANDS. Clearing down the uid.sys allowed it to start much more reliably.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember having a to and fro with stfour once about this and he talked about possibly implementing a 'clean uid.sys' feature into pl3

True, talking with obcd the idea is to add an interactive way to add/remove titles from uid.sys. He already give me the sample code to manipulate the uid.sys. But this will heppen after two things:

1) online update... I really think that next build will finally has this feature
2) adding a scrollable list control to easily manipulate items. This will be used also for user defined sorting option as I was asked a lot of time. But this require some time.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so....two more things and I will shut up for a few days (maybe). One: apparently DML has made cheats possible. The .gct file goes in sd:/GAMES/[TITLEID]/TITLED.gct. however when you put the file in the correct folder postloader deletes that game saying that it is the wrong size....any ideas on that? Two: There are four pages in postloader, APPS, WII GAMES, GC GAMES, and NAND/EMUNAND. It would be cool to be able to have a separate background for each, this idea not a big deal just a thought.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so....two more things and I will shut up for a few days (maybe). One: apparently DML has made cheats possible. The .gct file goes in sd:/GAMES/[TITLEID]/TITLED.gct. however when you put the file in the correct folder postloader deletes that game saying that it is the wrong size....

Thank you for pointing this... for now copy the cgt also in the usb://ngc/[TITLEID]/TITLED.gct, this will prevent the erasing... postloader check if the size of sd folder is the same of the usb one... I will fix this !

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i know this has nothing to do with postloader....but is there anyway to distinguish between disc 1 and disc 2 of a dual disc game as they share the same title id?
They don't share the same ID. When you convert it with DiscEx the second disc will have an extra letter/number (I don't remember which, it's been awhile) and won't show up in your loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice