Hacking postLoader v.1.0 bet

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You could try the priiloader magic word thing . There are 2 magic words. One makes the priiloader launch into it's setting screen (there is an application for that one) and the other magic word let's the priiloader boot into the system menu instead of it's selected boot application. So if find that little magic word program, and you adjust the magic word put in the specific memory location, it should work. You can find the 2 magic words in the priiloader sources main function. (But I think that's what you have tried?)

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but can someone explain exactly what this program does? also, how to use it properly as well? thanks for the help
unsure.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
I'm sorry but can someone explain exactly what this program does? also, how to use it properly as well? thanks for the help
unsure.gif

It's sort of like a HBC replacement, but it's designed to be installed in Priiloader and can autoload a homebrew if a button isn't pressed while it is doing so. It also supports apps in subfolders.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
V1.0b4 is out....

* Limited the lines displayed for xml long description
* On popup menues, (B) act as cancel button
* Changed a lot of things in internal libraries
* Added option: "Disable autorun on current device"
* Added option "Enable/Disable boot time USB initialization" when the device is an SD.
* Add support for custom logo from (and only) SD.
* Added support for applications without icon.png or meta.xml (anyway the last will be created)
* During sorting you can mark the same application more than once. Corrected
* Disabled access to menu during sorting

download link in first post
wink.gif

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bug?

Sorting adds multiple * in the meta files. I deleted them all and started over. I'll see if there again after I resort them. I'm thinking there left overs from past versions "manual +/- sorting" I did.

On another note...until channel support is implemented, is it possible to get the new shop channel Netflix into wbfs format so I can set up a custom cfg to load it? The method I found on this forum is outdated with the new version of Netflix. NEVERMIND...Found a app called bootNetflix; based off of bootOpera. Works to boot Netflix from PostLoader.

Splash screen support is great. So far this just keeps getting better and better. Thank you again for your free time in this endeavour. Can't wait for future releases and features. Keep up the good work.

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this app is getting better and better.
I compiled a forwarder dol to use with priiloader. Then you dont need install it to Priiloader everytime you release a new beta.
just install this postloader-fwd.dol to priiloader and it will look for apps/postloader/boot.dol (sd or usb). So, just update apps/postloader/boot.dol with new release

postloader-fwd.dol => http://www.mediafire.com/?55tzf8kjibydvr6

thx man

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Albatroz said:
this app is getting better and better.
I compiled a forwarder dol to use with priiloader. Then you dont need install it to Priiloader everytime you release a new beta.
just install this postloader-fwd.dol to priiloader and it will look for apps/postloader/boot.dol (sd or usb). So, just update apps/postloader/boot.dol with new release

postloader-fwd.dol => http://www.mediafire.com/?55tzf8kjibydvr6

thx man
Yes, but it wil also cause it to show in PostLoader as well. Maybe you could have it look for PostLoader in root:\postloader instead of root:\apps\postloader. That way it won't show up in PostLoader.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ defiant:

No, almost this isn't a bug. The order is saved in xml like previous version. I thinking to re-implement also + and - to move an app left or right.

Regular Channels support will be the next step.

@ Albatroz

I'm alreading thinking to separate autobooter from interactive to have easer update. But this will slow down operation adding reloading from device every time you exit an hb.

Anyway during beta phase, your forwarder should be ok.
wink.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I finally got around to test things out. I especially like the support of apps without icon or meta.xml (it shows a lot more apps on my end now
wink.gif
) and the ability to disable USB initialisation. For uneek, I'd say it is already pretty much up to par with the HBC.

I also have the impression that icons load faster now. In previous beta's, it took about a second before all 16 icons were displayed. Now, it's instantly.
smile.gif

There is one thing I want to mention about navigation...as it is, it relies exclusively on pointing at the screen. But considering both the system menu and the HBC (and USB loaders) allow to use an alternative way to browse, I think I'm not the only one who assumes this would work the same way in postloader.

So I would suggest the following navigation scheme:
-up, down, left, right on the wiimote (while holding the wiimote as a remote): select the adjacent homebrew app. On menu's, up and down are to highlight the above/below option.
-use + and - for next and previous page
-map 1 for the the homebrew menu (perhaps the same button function as 'B').

This may seem like a cosmetic detail, but it's not really so. This way will make it easier to use the nunchuck, classic controller or the gamecube controller as a way to navigate postloader. Oh, and people who use a guitar hero instrument can't rely on wiimote pointing or the B-button either (that's my main reason to use 1 as an alternative to the B-button).

And a final request: will boot.elf files be supported in the future? From what I understand, their structure is pretty much the same, so it shouldn't be that much extra work (e.g. descent and scummvm are released as boot.elf files)

In any case: I really like the work you're putting into it, man. It's even changing faster than I can keep up with.
biggrin.gif

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wever said:
I also have the impression that icons load faster now. In previous beta's, it took about a second before all 16 icons were displayed. Now, it's instantly.
smile.gif

It isn't an impression, in b4 icon's are loaded during applications searching and cached... in previous when updating pages.

Wever said:
So I would suggest the following navigation scheme:
-up, down, left, right on the wiimote (while holding the wiimote as a remote): select the adjacent homebrew app. On menu's, up and down are to highlight the above/below option.
-use + and - for next and previous page
-map 1 for the the homebrew menu (perhaps the same button function as 'B').

I'm agree with you... added to the todo.

Wever said:
And a final request: will boot.elf files be supported in the future? From what I understand, their structure is pretty much the same, so it shouldn't be that much extra work (e.g. descent and scummvm are released as boot.elf files)

added to the todo

QUOTE(Wever @ Jun 19 2011, 12:37 PM)
In any case: I really like the work you're putting into it, man. It's even changing faster than I can keep up with.
biggrin.gif

Thank you wever
wink.gif

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour,,, if you need another path to forwarder or multiple paths, i can do it for you tomorrow cause im not in home today.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Albatroz said:
stfour,,, if you need another path to forwarder or multiple paths, i can do it for you tomorrow cause im not in home today.

Albatroz... finally I decided that I would keep postLoader as unique forwarder/browser. So I do not raccomend to add another forwarder in the boot sequence.

Anyway, I am also using a forwarder but only to not continue modify priiloader insalled program every time I recompile it.
wink.gif

So we left to the user to choose if add a forwarder to a forwarder !

Now I am on holiday... so no updates... but before the end of the next week I will came back with new hot enhancements to postLoader (I hope
tongue.gif
)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a great app, nice work stfour!
I understand that this is just meant to be a program for priiloader, but if anyone wants a channel for it (seeing as it could be used as a complete HBC replacement) I made one, download is in the spoiler below.
[title:PostLoader Channel]This is just a simple channel made with customizemii that uses Davi92's Gecko OS Channel

I couldnt really think of anything to use for the image, so I just took some random stuff and put it togeather, and it came out something like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ULkOc0zth4[/youtube]

It forwards to (in this order):
Code:
SD:/apps/postloader/boot.dol
SD:/postloader.dol
USB:/apps/postloader/boot.dol
USB:/postloader.dol

Download: PostLoader Channel - Mediafire
Download just the forwarder .dol: PostLoader Forwarder Dol - Mediafire

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
stfour:
I run this from system menu with the help of the channel person66 created. I know this app is first intended for priiloader but could you make it so that if it was loaded by the channel and you run an app it also returns to postLoader. Maybe if you ask person66 he can make the channel send postLoader an argument and then you know it was loaded from system menu and not priiloader. Just an idea. Also if it was loaded this way you automaticly could disable some options that is only intended for priiloader.

This app is to good to only be used by priiloader...
wink.gif

And it's only getting better and better..

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I see there are 2 forwarders, which one is the better one to use, also how do I make the dol file into a forwarder wad? thanks

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnm81002 said:
OK I see there are 2 forwarders, which one is the better one to use, also how do I make the dol file into a forwarder wad? thanks
If you want the wad, just use my channel, the dol forwarders are just for installing to priiloader to make postloader easier to update (and in my opinion, the dol file in my post is the better of the two dol forwarders, just because it can load postloader from multiple locations, I am not trying to offend Albatroz or anything)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh