Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rabbits_Galore said:
loll, I can't tell them apart to save my life. I"m just winging the orders. Get whatever looks right. Thus the crappy looking adapter 8Db

smile.gif

Now I'm just waiting to get my order change getting approved
biggrin.gif

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Rabbits_Galore said:
loll, I can't tell them apart to save my life. I"m just winging the orders. Get whatever looks right. Thus the crappy looking adapter 8Db

That adapter is pretty decent for that price, though if you have a look around on the discussion board for the product you will see information regarding a bad 'orange' batch, just hope you don't get one of them and it will be fine.

Bodhisattva

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? Games, Homebrew, Misc Apps
Price Range? $60 or less.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Already have micro SD
Special features? Possible DSI support(not required), Quality, etc.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Cyclo DS or Acekard 2i
Other? I'm wondering if the Cyclops team will add DSi support by firmware to the CycloDS.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Nein
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Nein
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Nein

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?N/A

Thanks for your help.
smile.gif

Zombie_Killer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? NDS Roms, and Homebrew
Price Range? Max 50$
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable hopefully Micro SD or SD.
GBA compatibility? Dont really want it, but if its there, cool...
Special features? Dont even know what SDHC is... or whatever it is.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I thought about the DS one... is that good?

Bodhisattva

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help, PharaohsVizier. I will just get a CycloDS, I don't think that I will get the DSi right away when it comes out anyway.

hotdkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
We can't really tell if the CycloDS Evolution will work with the DSi, anyone that says otherwise is basing it on nothing, or knows more than the general public. I would say that if DSi is someone important, you might want to wait a bit before making a purhcase because your options are really really limited at the moment. Even so, the AceKard 2i is definitely a good choice.
smile.gif

Then is this youtube video a fake? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8aELyHydaU

AD35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone long time lurker, but finally registered lol.
Anyway, just trying to decide which one I want...

Use? Games
Price Range? Whatever
Slot 1/2? mainly 1 (thinking about 2)
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable memory
Special features? Nothing in particular
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular CycloDS or M3 Real
Other? Nothing really.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Maybe (make that probably)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not really
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not really

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Don't care, but expanded memory would be nice

Basically it all comes down to M3 Real or CycloDS that I'm looking for. I have a M3 Simply but as you know they stopped updating the firmware for it. I'm really torn between the two, and since I have had some familarity of M3 products, I was leaning towards that one, but the CycloDS has intrigued me with its support. I mainly want it for the slot 1, but slot 2 has got some games I want to play, but then I do have alot of real GBA games carts, and if I really wanted to play those gba games I don't have, I would just use a emulator on the computer.

Basically I just want a cart that will stay up to date with all the DS that are currently out and in the future. Money isn't really a huge issue, so that's why I'm going for the upper tier ones unless you guys have a feeling that I should get the no-frills carts.

Anyways, thanks in advance, and hopefully I can finally decide on one (basically going over which cart to get for like a whole month =/ )

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
AD35: Get the M3 Real. It's cheaper, has almost all of the features of CycloDS, AND some bundles come with a GBA Expansion Pack.

I have it and it's awesome! iSakuReal FTW
biggrin.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AD35 said:
Basically I just want a cart that will stay up to date with all the DS that are currently out and in the future. Money isn't really a huge issue, so that's why I'm going for the upper tier ones unless you guys have a feeling that I should get the no-frills carts.
In this case get the Cyclo. The M3 Team tend to abandon their cards and they still haven't translated sakrua. What has it been, like a year now?
The Cyclo also has more features and you don't have to switch between 3 firmwares as you obviously have to enjoy a M3...
If you wan't GBA get an EZ 3 in 1 with it.

Rabbits_Galore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol yeh, I cried rivers when I couldn't find it after 4 hours. don't think I'll be getting anew one any time soon. Maybe I'll check in a few years or so and see if it got any cheaper DX;;

Until then, I'll hide my Acekart 2i so that I don't lose that. then when I get another DS... -evillaughter-

Leynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? GBA games
Price Range? Any
Slot 1/2? Slot-2
Built in or expandable memory? Doesn't matter
GBA compatibility? Absolutely; must have
Special features? 1. Would love to be able to use cheat codes with GBA games. I currently have an Action Replay and don't want to give up my cheating ways.
2. The ability to copy my saves off of my GBA carts.

I currently have a CycloDS, if that is of any help. There is just so much information out there and so many different slot-2 options that I don't know where to begin. As I've mentioned, I would like a slot-2 device that lets me play GBA games, lets me use cheat codes (like the Action Replay,) and I would really like to somehow copy the saves off of my GBA carts.

Thanks for any help.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
I think a M3 Real + GBA Expansion is more suited to your needs, but seeing as you have a Cyclo DS the only recommendation I can probably make is the EZFlash 3 in 1, it won't fill your needs perfectly, but will do the main things you want.

However, you need to be aware that Cyclo DS does not have firmware supporting the new EZFlash 3in1+'s and thus it will not function properly. So you might have to wait a while until the supporting firmware comes out.

As far as I know the 3 in 1 does not support action replay cheats, at least not with the Cyclo DS.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ofcourse it will fill his needs.

@Leynos
Get the EZ 3 in 1 (dealextreme has them really cheap). When you are choosing a GBA-game you can ress select to choose between NOR or PSRAM mode in your Cyclos menu. In NOR-mode the EZ 3 in 1 acts like a normal GBA-game so you can use it with your Action Replay. ^^

Leynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the GBA Expansion of the M3 Real + GBA Expansion combo different than the EZFlash 3in1 Plus?

Does neither have a built in cheat code function?

What is this that I'm reading about the EZFlash 3in1 Plus not working properly with the CycloDS?

If the GBA Expansion works better than the EZFlash 3in1 Plus, I might just get an M3 Real + GBA Expansion just for the GBA support and keep my CycloDS for DS games.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Leynos said:
How is the GBA Expansion of the M3 Real + GBA Expansion combo different than the EZFlash 3in1 Plus?

Does neither have a built in cheat code function?

What is this that I'm reading about the EZFlash 3in1 Plus not working properly with the CycloDS?

If the GBA Expansion works better than the EZFlash 3in1 Plus, I might just get an M3 Real + GBA Expansion just for the GBA support and keep my CycloDS for DS games.

If you want RAM Expansion and are willing to spend so much extra then go that combo, otherwise if its SOLELY for GBA Games I would definitely go a stand alone slot 2 cart, meaning one that can run without a slot 1.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You would downgrade with an M3Real compared to your Cyclo. And Cyclo + EZ 3 in 1 does everything you want, so I don't understand why you would even consider it.
(It doesn't have an includet cheat-function, but like I said, you can use your Action Replay with it)

It's true that the Cyclo doesn't work with the 3in1+ yet, but it's only a matter of time till team Cyclops include it. It's a relatively small fix. In the meantime you can just use GBA-Explorer (a homebrewprogram).

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
You would downgrade with an M3Real compared to your Cyclo. And Cyclo + EZ 3 in 1 does everything you want, so I don't understand why you would even consider it.
(It doesn't have an includet cheat-function, but like I said, you can use your Action Replay with it)

It's true that the Cyclo doesn't work with the 3in1+ yet, but it's only a matter of time till team Cyclops include it. It's a relatively small fix. In the meantime you can just use GBA-Explorer (a homebrewprogram).

He wants GBA as mentioned in his first post. Yes the Cyclo DS is considered a better slot 1 cart than the M3 Real, but once again we are talking in terms of slot 2. Following on from this notion, with regards to slot 1 + slot 2 combinations and compatibility, the M3 Real + GBA Expansion would rule over the Cyclo DS + 3 in 1 as the 2 carts are literally made for each other. Moreover, the EzFlash 3 in 1 has various battery issues which are non existent in the GBA Expansion of the M3.

Still... if you don't need extra RAM I would buy a stand alone slot 2 cart, these will play GBA games much better due to the fact that that is all they pretty much do...

EDIT: Also the program is GBA ExpLoader 0.58b in case you search up 'GBA-Explorer' and it doesn't come up with what you want =\

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Following on from this notion, with regards to slot 1 + slot 2 combinations and compatibility, the M3 Real + GBA Expansion would rule over the Cyclo DS + 3 in 1 as the 2 carts are literally made for each other.
Yeah right and it does so why exactly? They both play GBA-games. And they both play all GBA-games. So where does the M3 rule in terms of "combinations and compatibility"?

QUOTE said:
Moreover, the EzFlash 3 in 1 has various battery issues which are non existent in the GBA Expansion of the M3.
The battery runs out after some time. Big whoop. Put a new one in, they are like $1. And afaik the M3 also saves with a battery, so it has the same problem.

QUOTE said:
Still... if you don't need extra RAM I would buy a stand alone slot 2 cart, these will play GBA games much better due to the fact that that is all they pretty much do...
Yeah except that they don't play GBA games better. Are you pulling these things out of your ass?

EDIT: Also the program is GBA ExpLoader 0.58b in case you search up 'GBA-Explorer' and it doesn't come up with what you want =\
Yeah I made a typo. Btw. link: http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/ExpLoader/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==