XP
Country
Canada
Use?games / music
Price Range? up to 75$ CAD
Slot 1/2?1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable, compatible with SDHC
Special features? -
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular was first lookign for a M3 DS real and read some about the CycloDS and now i'm not sure what kind of card to buy. It can be any other kind.
Other? Would like it to work with WiFi. I've watch a YouTube and the guy tried to play MarioKart using CycloDS with his friend and he couldnt get a connection.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan92 said:
why are ppl relacing r4? dont they work well? i have 1, should i replace it?
in short
the r4 team is gone, there is nothing but tons of clones claiming and teams claiming they are the real r4 team now
no more support, outdated features, no SDHC support and many other while other carts are cheaper and have had these features for a long time now and have frequent firmware updates updates

crystalklear64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games (NDS and GBA), Moonshell (e-books).
Price Range? 40$ max.
Slot 1/2? Whatever I need. GBA games a must.
Built in or expandable memory? Either/Both. Don't care about sdhc. Plan to buy a cheap 2gb card.
Special features? Anything I care about comes standard with most new cards. Included reader/msd card would be nice I guess since I have neither.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? DSTT
Other? Need something that will run every game well, including typical problem games like PoR. Needs excellent GBA support. Auto-patching and what not, clean rom stuff so I don't have to patch anything myself. Low price a bonus since I'll be having to buy a card and possibly a reader in addition to the cart. (suggestions on a good micro sd card would be nice too)

Thanks.

wolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Use? DS games
Price Range? Cheap is good, but I'm not short on cash
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SD
Special features? Good support from team, reliable product, easy support for saves (drag and drop?from linker to PC)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? M3 Ds real ?
Other?

Use? GBA games for GBµ
Slot 1/2? 2
Built in or expandable memory? Built in or Micro SD
Special features? Good support from team, reliable product, easy support for saves (drag and drop?from linker to PC)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular?
Other?

Ok i explain a little bit, i want to buy these on DealExtreme, i'm searching for reliable DS linker for my new DS lite (i had the old M3 perfect SD) and a good linker for my GBµ (i have a F2A 256 but its old and i need more memory).

Both consoles are thinking in separate way: DS lite is for play at home and GBµ for play during travel or whatever...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jenifeal said:
Use?games / music
Price Range? up to 75$ CAD
Slot 1/2?1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable, compatible with SDHC
Special features? -
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular was first lookign for a M3 DS real and read some about the CycloDS and now i'm not sure what kind of card to buy. It can be any other kind.
Other? Would like it to work with WiFi. I've watch a YouTube and the guy tried to play MarioKart using CycloDS with his friend and he couldnt get a connection.
Get the Cyclo and don't believe everything what you see on youtube.

crystalklear64 said:
Use? Games (NDS and GBA), Moonshell (e-books).
Price Range? 40$ max.
Slot 1/2? Whatever I need. GBA games a must.
Built in or expandable memory? Either/Both. Don't care about sdhc. Plan to buy a cheap 2gb card.
Special features? Anything I care about comes standard with most new cards. Included reader/msd card would be nice I guess since I have neither.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? DSTT
Other? Need something that will run every game well, including typical problem games like PoR. Needs excellent GBA support. Auto-patching and what not, clean rom stuff so I don't have to patch anything myself. Low price a bonus since I'll be having to buy a card and possibly a reader in addition to the cart. (suggestions on a good micro sd card would be nice too)

Thanks.
Acekard2 and EZ 3 in 1 from dealextreme.com Otherwise you won't get GBA and NDS support combined for that price.

QUOTE(wolf69 @ Oct 14 2008, 04:16 PM)
Use? DS games
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Micro SD
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? M3 Ds real ?
Other?

Use? GBA games for GBµ
Slot 1/2? 2
Built in or expandable memory? Built in or Micro SD
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular?
Other?

Ok i explain a little bit, i want to buy these on DealExtreme, i'm searching for reliable DS linker for my new DS lite (i had the old M3 perfect SD) and a good linker for my GBµ (i have a F2A 256 but its old and i need more memory).

Both consoles are thinking in separate way: DS lite is for play at home and GBµ for play during travel or whatever...
What do you have against playing GBA games on your DS and why won't you take your DS with you?
Well get a CycloDS for your DS. For your GB Micro I have no Idea...

zapwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? NDS games and/or homebrew
Price Range? $30
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? N/A
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular EDGE, Acekard2
Other? Longest battery life

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use?Games
Price Range? up to 40$
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
Special features? cheats i guess
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular DSTT or Acekard 2
Other? no

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes

I'll just add a ezflash 3in1 so i dont need help on the slot2 stuff

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Acekard2... man I'm getting really repetitive
biggrin.gif

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my friend younger sister bought a DS recently and she wanted to know how to pirate games. She is technology challenged. So, she would need to pick a good cart and a place with easy step-step instructions. I personally have a CycloDS.
Thanks.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If she wants to pirate games she has to get a ship and a crew. With these she can capture a ship with which Nintendo transports their DS games from Japan to the US....

ricera10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
If she wants to pirate games she has to get a ship and a crew. With these she can capture a ship with which Nintendo transports their DS games from Japan to the US....
It would suck if the ship was full of Horsez and Catz games, though.

But should someone not understanding how to (and the implications of) pirate games really be pirating them?

I think she should reconsider. If she needs step-by-step and easy-to-use instructions, then she really shouldn't be doing it unless you do it for her.

Gogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games
Price Range? N/A
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable (preferibly SDHC)
Special features? Soft Reset + Cheat Support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Acekard RPG, Acekard 2, CycloDS Evolution
Other? I'm trying to find a replacement for an R4, so I'd like a flashcart that will last me a while and has a developer team that's active and creates updates for the cart when needed.

JItters333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there are any other cards out there that support this function other than the mentioned (Cyclo, M3 and G6 DS Real) so basically with this info ima look for the cheapest one I can find lol oh and I was also wondering how the DS went about doing this? Thanx =]

Sorry For Double Posting didn't see this thread til after I started the other =/

ricera10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gogg said:
Use? Games
Price Range? N/A
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable (preferibly SDHC)
Special features? Soft Reset + Cheat Support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Acekard RPG, Acekard 2, CycloDS Evolution
Other? I'm trying to find a replacement for an R4, so I'd like a flashcart that will last me a while and has a developer team that's active and creates updates for the cart when needed.
The Acekard 2 and CycloDS fit your criteria, one is cheap the other one has more features and is expensive. I guess if you want something really R4-like, the CycloDS may be better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday