Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

gpgorbosjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
deal extreme make profit from mass selling against competitors rather than making the price high.

Do you know where it is based?

If it is US I'm assuming the 7-14 day delivery wouldn't apply to me. If it isn't, should I just pay the extra $18? I'd really like to get this thing here soon the bus rides I have to take to college and work are killing me.

EDIT: Hong Kong?

EDIT 2: Paid the extra $18. 12-17 day potential to get here sickened me, plus its the same price I would've paid for a USA site anyway.

Morku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I need new Flashcard for my DS. I have already the M3 Simply and the M3 Perfect LITE, but the M3 Simply don't get new Updates und the microSD card don't want hold anymore in the card.

Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? ~40€
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MiscroSD
GBA compatibility? no/not necessary (because of my M3 Perfect)
Special features? automatic DLDI, PassMe, SDHC support would be nice but not necessary

Support slot-2 GBA? no (my M3 Perfect works fine)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes, but I have an original Rumble Pak from Nintendo
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes, my M3 Perfect shall be support

I loved the Firmware of the M3 Simply and hate the Firmware of the M3 Real. It is really strange... The new Flashcard have to support my Saves from the M3 Simply. It should have a better Quality than the M3 Simply.
Thanks!

Nexi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in the US and was wondering what the best site to order off of would be. That site says 7-14 days for air delivery, and the other shipping method, well $18.50 is kind of steep.

I was looking at another site that is based in the US, but the Acekard was $20 more for some reason, which negates me saving anything from not paying extra for shipping.

EDIT: Actually, not that I'm complaining, is there a reason the Acekard is $13 on that site and about $30 on every other?

Because DX is based in Hong Kong. The rest of the sites have to import them from Hong Kong and of course make a profit.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Morku said:
Hi, I need new Flashcard for my DS. I have already the M3 Simply and the M3 Perfect LITE, but the M3 Simply don't get new Updates und the microSD card don't want hold anymore in the card.

Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? ~40€
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MiscroSD
GBA compatibility? no/not necessary (because of my M3 Perfect)
Special features? automatic DLDI, PassMe, SDHC support would be nice but not necessary

Support slot-2 GBA? no (my M3 Perfect works fine)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes, but I have an original Rumble Pak from Nintendo
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes, my M3 Perfect shall be support

I loved the Firmware of the M3 Simply and hate the Firmware of the M3 Real. It is really strange... The new Flashcard have to support my Saves from the M3 Simply. It should have a better Quality than the M3 Simply.
Thanks!
Do you want to start GBA-roms directly from your Slot-1? If so I don't know any other cards than the M3 Real, that work with your lite. But if you want to use your lite seperately with it's own Micro-SD there are no limits as to what slot-1 you could get. (there are allways patches for the Opera-Rom to support your Slot-2, you really don't need a special Slot-1 to support it.)
I would suggest an acekard2, since you want a nice and simple menu. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142

Morku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't want play GBA Roms with a Slot 1 flashcard. I use for GBA my M3 Perfect LITE.
I think the Acekard 2 or Acekard R.P.G. looks fine.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Seven said:
DealExtreme cut theirs off due to pricing issues and some arguments being thrown back and forth. It used to be around ~$35 on DX, if you're curious. eBay prohibits the sale of flashcarts/mods/hacked handhelds and/or software, so flashcarts are pretty much auto-deleted. People would rarely ever want to sell off their CycloDS anyways.

CycloDS -does- support GBA games, but rather you'd need a slot-2 cart to supplement it. Slot-1 flash carts can not run GBA games on their own. Slot-1 flash carts can not run GBA games on their own. Slot-1 flash carts can not run GBA games on their own. Now that I've said it three times, you should remember this. All the CycloDS offers in this field is the option of letting you run GBA games from the menu rather than using ExpLoader. IMO, it's not exactly the best thing ever, but at least they tried. I still prefer using GBAExpLoader, it's not that difficult to use.

Also: 1000!

well, from the situation here, I think I'll look around the local stores for a cycloDS, and won't buy a slot2 suport... I want only 5 gba games
tongue.gif

Also, is there any other cart that giver extra features like CDS does? Maybe if it gets too hard for me to find it, I may need to keep in mind a second option.

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm really new to all of this, so here is my criteria if anyone can tell me the best option to get:

-ds game backups (don't need gba backups)
-uses full sized sd card (not micro/mini)
-homebrew
-cheap

Thanks!

P.S. How much space does a typical ds game backup take up? I was thinking of using a 2gb sd card. Is that enough?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yanazake said:
well, from the situation here, I think I'll look around the local stores for a cycloDS, and won't buy a slot2 suport... I want only 5 gba games
tongue.gif

Also, is there any other cart that giver extra features like CDS does? Maybe if it gets too hard for me to find it, I may need to keep in mind a second option.
Yep, the Supercard DS One. But it has those features pretty crappy implemented and has a slow menu and problems with some games...

QUOTE(Jm9760 @ Oct 5 2008, 08:15 PM) Ok I'm really new to all of this, so here is my criteria if anyone can tell me the best option to get:

-homebrew
-cheap

Thanks!

P.S. How much space does a typical ds game backup take up? I was thinking of using a 2gb sd card. Is that enough?
Wow that's easy for once! ^^ There is none. Either consider getting a card that uses micro SDs or don't get a card at all.
wink.gif
(Btw. they are not really that expensive at 2GB. You will get one at ~6$, so I don't understand why you wouldn't want one...

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Yanazake said:
tongue.gif

Yep, the Supercard DS One. But it has those features pretty crappy implemented and has a slow menu and problems with some games...

QUOTE(Jm9760 @ Oct 5 2008, 08:15 PM) Ok I'm really new to all of this, so here is my criteria if anyone can tell me the best option to get:

-homebrew
-cheap

Thanks!

Wow that's easy for once! ^^ There is none. Either consider getting a card that uses micro SDs or don't get a card at all.
wink.gif
(Btw. they are not really that expensive at 2GB. You will get one at ~6$, so I don't understand why you wouldn't want one...

The thing is, I already have a bunch of normal sd cards lying around. There aren't even any slot 2's that take normal sd's?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard SD and M3 Perfect SD will work, but they will require patching for all DS games, and you'd also need a slot-1 NoPass device to boot them in DS mode first. Also, they will stick out from a DS Phat a bit, and from a DS Lite quite a lot.

MicroSD memory is cheap, so I'd suggest going with a slot-1 device instead. The number of features you lose with a slot-2 device isn't worth the $20 you save in media cards.

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so if I got with slot-1, what is my best option? I basically want the cheapest one that can run backups and homebrew.

EDIT: Also, what about ones with built-in memory?

EDIT 2: What do you guys think of the 2gb fire card? Around how many backups can fit in 2gb?

gamadaya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Oops, found the template.

Use? DS games, maybe homebrew
Price Range? Cheap is good, but I'm not short on cash
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable, and micro sdhc compatible would be best
Special features? No
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Supercard One
Other? Multicart play and wifi work without problems for most part (this is a high priority)

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes (I'm looking at the EZ 3-in-1)
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't care

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Supercard One. But, this is my first flashcard purchase, so I'm completely open to suggestions from people who probably know a lot more about this than me
tongue.gif

Leein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, going to be ordering my card pretty soon, so just wanted last opinions.

Use? Games, maybe Homebrew, Videos
Price Range? Cheap, but $40 USD
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable of course
Special features? Not really
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2 (or is it 2.1 now?), Supercard, EDGE
Other? That it works will all games and it can use WiFi, Just want it to last.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2): Probably won't get one, but it seems EZ 3-in-1 seems to be the prime choice.

Thanks for the help anyone.

gamadaya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Supercard or the CycloDS. Both support SDHC, both have real time save, both work with the 3-in-1, and both seem to have an active team behind them as well as active forums. CycloDS seems to be more expensive. Supercard One apparently needs a good microSD card or it will run into problems, although I read that in an old review, so I'm not sure it's still an issue. So basically it boils down to this: is the CycloDS worth the extra money, and will I run into problems with my microSD card on the Supercard One?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Leein said:
Alright, going to be ordering my card pretty soon, so just wanted last opinions.

Use? Games, maybe Homebrew, Videos
Price Range? Cheap, but $40 USD
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable of course
Special features? Not really
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard 2 (or is it 2.1 now?), Supercard, EDGE
Other? That it works will all games and it can use WiFi, Just want it to last.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2): Probably won't get one, but it seems EZ 3-in-1 seems to be the prime choice.

Thanks for the help anyone.
Acekard 2(.1) seems to be the best bet for you. Like it's been said before, it has great features, has a great menu and is dirt cheap.

QUOTE(gamadaya @ Oct 6 2008, 08:50 PM) OK, I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Supercard or the CycloDS. Both support SDHC, both have real time save, both work with the 3-in-1, and both seem to have an active team behind them as well as active forums. CycloDS seems to be more expensive. Supercard One apparently needs a good microSD card or it will run into problems, although I read that in an old review, so I'm not sure it's still an issue. So basically it boils down to this: is the CycloDS worth the extra money, and will I run into problems with my microSD card on the Supercard One?
It's imo definitivly worth forking out the extra money for a Cyclo (and since you are in the USA it's not even that much). The supercard has about the same featureset, but it's features never really get finished. You'll be stuck with a crappy implementation. Furthermore the Supercard has problems with some games even on highspeed microSD cards and with every game on non-highspeed cards. The Cyclo hasn't. So if it doesn't hurt you to mch I would spend the extra money.

D

Deleted User

Ok guys, I'm thinking of replacing my R4 with either an Acekard 2 or a DSTT (both are $12 on Dealextreme). Which one is the best? Thanks for any help!

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, to end it all... I did this list:

CycloDS
AceKard
Supercard DS

I'll try to buy one of these, in order of preference. the only question is about AceKart. I heard about AceKart 2 and AceKart RPG. how many versions of AK exists and what are the differences?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo