Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would love a "lazy boy" app, one that I could enable Flight Mode while the switch is docked...

current options are too much work:
- ReverseNX but I would have to open the app and configure it, go to switch settings flight mode, then re-open the app and re-configure
- or to **gasp** get out of my couch and undock the Switch to do this (!!!)

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
easyRpg Player is an emulator to play rpgmaker 2000 and rpg maker 2003 games. i was wondering if it was possible to fork it to add support to play rpg maker xp games also. SO its not to develop games in the switch but to play said games
Sadly that wont happen Rpg maker xp uses a complete different engine than 2000/2003 so a completely new interpreter needs to be written

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I cannot wait for a OpenXcom port. :sleep:
Kind of amazing that it's been ported to the Vita recently (how's that for support, Sony?), but not the Switch.

But yeah: OpenXcom and VCMI for Heroes of Might & Magic 3 are two ports I'd love on the Switch. That would probably destroy my life.

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see a pokemon save editor solution like pkhex, and that one 3ds homeebrew that supports all all gba ds, saves as well as saves backed up with checkpoint.
Also a switch app homered save editor for Monster Crown would be cool.

Switch1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Would it be ever possible for someone to develop a way to remotely connect a Joycon to a faraway Switch via the Internet? For instance, I could stream Super Mario Party from my Switch to my PC, and my friends could connect their joycons to my Switch over the internet via some kind of homebrew software, so that we can play the game together over the Internet.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be ever possible for someone to develop a way to remotely connect a Joycon to a faraway Switch via the Internet? For instance, I could stream Super Mario Party from my Switch to my PC, and my friends could connect their joycons to my Switch over the internet via some kind of homebrew software, so that we can play the game together over the Internet.
This is the closest thing for what you're asking
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ends-using-just-one-switch-via-parsec.576705/

Reactions: Switch1009

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the SM64EX or NX Port on the Switch, I am wanting to Compile it, but want to use a Romhack. Is this possible to do? Only problem is, it is extended (24MB).

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Discovering exploits don't work like that. We don't look for them based on how we want to use them; they are discovered by chance and used in whatever way achieves the exploit.
Im not being a pessimist. You literally said that they're found by chance and trying different methods and entry points is how you do that. Enough with the constant negativity. These consoles didn't get hacked with that attitude.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not being a pessimist. You literally said that they're found by chance and trying different methods and entry points is how you do that. Enough with the constant negativity. These consoles didn't get hacked with that attitude.
Attitude makes no difference. Unless you're a hacker, your input or opinions aren't going to get these consoles hacked faster or slower. Hackers aren't going to check the forums to see if people want these consoles to be hacked; they'll hack them if they want and can find an exploit.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe the ability to Subscribe to our own News Channels?
(RSS feeds)

I would love to have https://gbatemp.net/forums/gbatemp-scene-news.101.rss
Thats possible. Ive worked on SwitchNews before experimenting with hooking into the news applet. Its just extremly annoying to work with, because it uses msgpack to read and then store into the "database".

20210929_011252.jpg

Reactions: spkatsi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning