Possibly lost everything from a bad system transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RemixDeluxe, Apr 13, 2016.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I wanted to do a system transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND and I figured all I would need to do is swap SD cards and it will work on the other system. That is not the case as I just learned the NAND backups are unique to the internal motherboards they were made from.

I still have backups from both 3DS systems and nothing is bricked, can I recover from this and try again but this time go from emuNAND to NAND?

2. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Restore the original emunand respective to each, and restore the Nintendo 3DS folder you originally had.

Once you ensure both have the folders they did (or at least the host 3ds has all its files), ensure you still have a backup of the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder from the host 3ds then do an online-based system settings system transfer to the dummy NAND (both must be on latest firm) and then copy the host Nintendo 3DS folder over to the other system's SD root

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    lag

Last edited by CrispyYoshi, Apr 13, 2016
    Mistie likes this.
  4. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    more lag

Mistie likes this.
  5. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    laggy laggy

Mistie likes this.
  6. ultramario1998

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I feel ya :/

7. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Restore everything to their respective SD as CripsyYoshi said, then do a normal system transfer through system settings

In my experience, if you get asked to, choose to transfer SD manually (since one of my SD had 50GB of stored data, and the target has 16GB max), when done, copy the now transfered Emunand in the target SD to the source SD (or copy the files from the source SD to the target SD), as long as you keep your Nintendo 3DS folder, you will keep your games and saves even if they don't appear in the home menu, legit games will appear when you link your NNID, reinstalling your CIAs will make the pirated ones appear (when trying to install, FBI will throw a "already installed" error at 0% and the game will show up, with your saves and stuff).

If your target SD has more space than the source SD you don't have to worry.

If I remember correctly, when the transfer is done it will try to connect to the net to "finish the transfer" and it will error and retry, you have to disconnect your wifi so the console let you off.

Of course, this also means the target emunand will be lost (unless you backup beforehand).

8. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Bless you guys for taking the time to help me on this hot mess of a situation. I read your responses but its 1am where I live (est) and I want to fix this when I have a fresh and clear mind.

Ill report back on the progress, thanks again.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Apr 13, 2016
  9. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    What should i use to restore the emunand to the source SD card? I tried emunand9 and it makes an emunand but its just a duplicate of the blank nand on the system. Maybe I'm choosing the wrong setting here, what should I be using?

10. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Still having trouble restoring my emunand, what tool should I be using and can I get some steps regarding the tool to use? Really want to get my 3DS back soon please.

11. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Use this tool on your PC.
    1. Download the tool
    2. Put in your sd card to your computer
    3. Open the tool
    4. Choose to inject nand
    5. Choose the backup
    6. Let it inject

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    for me, system transfer from 2ds emunand 10.7 to n3dsxl updated sysnand 10.7. the only thing lost during this process is the invalid ticket info.
    "reinstall" the game will solve the problem.
    or backup ticket before system transfer

13. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    So your saying I should system transfer from emuNAND to NAND instead?

14. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    no.... I'm saying it won't brick your ds if nothing goes wrong during the process

15. steveo

steveo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    If you don't mind me asking, what kind of merory card are you using and what kind of 3ds. Is the home menu slow to pull up when press the home button.

16. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Oh! The site was just slow around the time I posted that: Clicking "Post Reply" didn't appear to do anything, but was actually me posting 4 times in a row.

Quantumcat likes this.
  17. steveo

steveo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Oh I thought you ment the 3ds, my bad.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I thought you meant the 3ds.

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  18. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    People actually use the 3DS browser for legitimate purposes other than browserhax?

19. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Whenever I used the tool and try to inject my emuNAND backup I get this message

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87121071/emunand.png

It keeps asking me to format my emunand again, which I've done twice already. Maybe I'm not doing it right, which option am I suppose to be choosing in the menu?

20. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Just Passing By likes this.
  21. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
  22. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I restored my emunand using decrypt9 and its much more easier to use than emunand9, no offense.

Now I got a new problem and I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out and no I have not system transferred over yet. I went to go check the eShop for something and then I get an error code relating to my Nintendo ID not being linked so I go into system settings and check it out and it says this ID cannot be used on this system. I tried unlinking it and do the whole setup process again by signing in with an existing ID and I get this error code 022-2597 and it says I have my Nintendo ID linked with another 3DS system. I own this ID and neither the sysnand or emuNAND have this ID linked and I cant relink, I even tried formatting the system to see if that would resolve the issue and it didnt.

Any ideas?

23. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What happens when you try to link sysNAND? Same? If you don't find a solution, you can call Nintendo and get them to manually unlink your NNID from wherever it's linked and link it back to your system (you'll just have to tell them your console's serial).