Possible to run Gateway without sd card ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kane49, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Kane49
    OP

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hi !

I have a 3DS with a defective SD Card slot (Warranty Gone, Innards modified) so i was hoping there could be a way to have the gateway run all the things it needs from the internal MicroSD ^^

Basically not only emulating the nand off the sd but also the sd card slot XD

Has the gateway team made any announcements in that direction ?

It seems to by my only hope for that machine as almost everything needs the sd card nowadays :(

2. pin

pin GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    As far as I know it's essential as that's where you put the file to run the initial exploit. Sorry :/

3. greyneon

greyneon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2013
    Hidden Nuclear Base
    resolder the SD card slot or remove it and solder a new one in place, OR solder the SD Sniffer from Sparkfun

Offtopic: With the SD Sniffer you can remove the SD card without the 3DS noticing it :P and it's pretty handy in tampering with the SD bus

4. Kane49
    OP

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

I soldered the sd card directly to the port before actually XD Might order that sd sniffer for fun though :)

5. greyneon

greyneon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2013
    Hidden Nuclear Base
    solder the sniffer directly to the port and you get a SD slot and open ports to tamper with :P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice