Possible to run Gateway without sd card ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kane49, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Kane49
    OP

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hi !

I have a 3DS with a defective SD Card slot (Warranty Gone, Innards modified) so i was hoping there could be a way to have the gateway run all the things it needs from the internal MicroSD ^^

Basically not only emulating the nand off the sd but also the sd card slot XD

Has the gateway team made any announcements in that direction ?

It seems to by my only hope for that machine as almost everything needs the sd card nowadays :(

2. pin

pin GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    As far as I know it's essential as that's where you put the file to run the initial exploit. Sorry :/

3. greyneon

greyneon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2013
    Hidden Nuclear Base
    resolder the SD card slot or remove it and solder a new one in place, OR solder the SD Sniffer from Sparkfun

Offtopic: With the SD Sniffer you can remove the SD card without the 3DS noticing it :P and it's pretty handy in tampering with the SD bus

4. Kane49
    OP

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The

I soldered the sd card directly to the port before actually XD Might order that sd sniffer for fun though :)

5. greyneon

greyneon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2013
    Hidden Nuclear Base
    solder the sniffer directly to the port and you get a SD slot and open ports to tamper with :P