Hacking Possible to Re-Region a Save without Save Wizard? Jailbreak?

MaccaTVR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a saved game from Shadow Warrior US and I'd like to import it to my Shadow Warrior EU game.

Unfortunately the game is not supported in save wizard.

Are there any other ways to re region a saved game?
I have access to an up to date PS4 pro, and a separate jailbroken PS4.

Unfortunately however I can't even import any of the saves to the jailbroken PS4 as the save files are from newer firmware so it won't let me.

Is it possible to somehow extract the saves and import using save wizard or something?

I also actually have both versions of the game on disc if that helps further, I'd just like a specific level / progress on the US file to match up with my EU profile.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Technically this could work with the save mounter + account activator.. though you would need to install both US/EU game on you're 5.05 to accomplish this.

on 5.05
Load the US game, and use the save mounter to grab the save files.
Install the EU game, and use the save mounter to grab the save file, and replace one of the files. (make sure you have at least 1 save)
Test to make sure it works on the EU game.
Activate the 5.05 account using account activator to match with the legit PS4's PSN ID, transfer the save to a usb key.

on latest fw (PRO)
upload the save from you're usb key.

with this method, you can transfer saves from 5.05 to latest FW, not vice-versa... as your PRO will encrypt it with the latest FW keys. (which will make it unreadable on a 5.05 without updating)

see images of what a typical save looks like (HZD CE), in this case you would just need to replace checkpoint.dat. Always backup and test you're save files before hand. I think the sce_sys folder should be left untouched though.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-17_10-53-39.png
    upload_2020-4-17_10-53-39.png
    2 KB · Views: 390
  • upload_2020-4-17_10-54-10.png
    upload_2020-4-17_10-54-10.png
    7 KB · Views: 524
Last edited by xYuunax,
Reactions: ipkryss and KiiWii

MaccaTVR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies.

If I am reading your reply properly, I can't load either of the saves on 5.05 as the saves have already been used on higher FW.

Is it now impossible to get any of these later FW saves to work on 5.05?

I was hoping there might of been some way to decrypt them and change the cusa from US to EU.

Id like the saves to work on my pro, I'm just saying I have access to 5.05 if there was another work around.

Reactions: KiiWii

MaccaTVR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So then if this game was listed on save wizard it shouldn't be a problem... But it's not listed so guess I'm screwed.

Is there some reason only they have the ability to do this and no one else?

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there some reason only they have the ability to do this and no one else?

Well that's the PS4's DRM at work ^__^, but there's a suspicion they use a "jailbreak" for their service, if you check their Twitter account for older posts, you'll find they usually don't support the recent FWs for some time (I suspect it would be the same with newest FW 7.50)...

Edit: to be honest, I'm surprised they didn't switched to a monthly subscription model yet... ^O^

Last edited by MostlyUnharmful,
Reactions: KiiWii

Lionheartwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Save Wizard already you are better off just sending them your EU save and having them just update their list. They don't usually mind different regions since it's pretty easy for them to add the update their already existing cheats.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to clarify, I just got a 5.05 yesterday. I have a 7.51 which has all my saves. But there is no way to use them on the 5.05 correct?

D

Deleted User

So just to clarify, I just got a 5.05 yesterday. I have a 7.51 which has all my saves. But there is no way to use them on the 5.05 correct?

correct. I get this question alot. Only one way. Not 2 way street from 5.05 to higher not other way around. Unique case.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge, that sucks. Oh well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What if I haven't launched the game in a long time like example Hellblade. I haven't played it in a few years. But it doesn't matter because it was sitting on a PS4 on 7.51 or? It probably was 5.05 or earlier when I launched it last.

Last edited by Jayinem81,
D

Deleted User

Fudge, that sucks. Oh well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What if I haven't launched the game in a long time like example Hellblade. I haven't played it in a few years. But it doesn't matter because it was sitting on a PS4 on 7.51 or? It probably was 5.05 or earlier when I launched it last.

yeah i mean that's a different question. But the what I believe would screw you is your medium? So like you got this save you haven't use since 5.05 but it's on a 7.51 right? So how do you export it? It's not jailbroken so to my knowledge you gotta export to usb right? which is when the drm would be introduced basically. Technically it is just a folder with your account id and the save info but to my knowledge it would yes have that drm...corps suck! I don't think 360 was like that ironically...just another layer i suppose

Reactions: Jayinem81

Francesc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well that's the PS4's DRM at work ^__^, but there's a suspicion they use a "jailbreak" for their service, if you check their Twitter account for older posts, you'll find they usually don't support the recent FWs for some time (I suspect it would be the same with newest FW 7.50)...

Edit: to be honest, I'm surprised they didn't switched to a monthly subscription model yet... ^O^
can i contact you privately ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE