Hacking Possible to hack + play back ups WITHOUT physical game?

fooflinger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading tons of guides on how to hack and soft mod my Wii U and one thing I've been really confused about is whether or not it's possible to get Homebrew on my Wii U AND play backups WITHOUT a physical copy of a game like Smash Brothers.

Is it possible? I would be really thankful if someone could link or tell me where I could find a guide.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I've been reading tons of guides on how to hack and soft mod my Wii U and one thing I've been really confused about is whether or not it's possible to get Homebrew on my Wii U AND play backups WITHOUT a physical copy of a game like Smash Brothers.

Is it possible? I would be really thankful if someone could link or tell me where I could find a guide.
Yes, https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Pick your poison. You don't need Haxchi, it's just soooo much nicer without the need of booting the loadliine.ovh page each time. Mocha works without the need of Haxchi.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the quick response! Looking over them all now.
Excellent, remember!!! IF you want to use Haxchi. YOU MUST OWN the DS game on the eshop. Don't pirate a DS game to get it to run, because that won't work. Coldboot Haxchi is the more dangerious method incase you are unsure what you're doing. (I still run normal Haxchi to be honest)

fooflinger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, remember!!! IF you want to use Haxchi. YOU MUST OWN the DS game on the eshop. Don't pirate a DS game to get it to run, because that won't work. Coldboot Haxchi is the more dangerious method incase you are unsure what you're doing. (I still run normal Haxchi to be honest)
So if I do want to get Haxchi, do I need to follow step 4? I don't quite understand the purpose of RedNAND.

And Coldboot is only if I want to boot it faster essentially?

Last edited by fooflinger,

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
So if I do want to get Haxchi, do I need to follow step 4? I don't quite understand the purpose of RedNAND.

And Coldboot is only if I want to boot it faster essentially?

Rednand is not needed much anymore its just if people want it really and to stop bricks if your stupid.

You can have coldboot which will make the console load sig patches at boot but it can break so I don't recommend it.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country

Ummm are you trying to hack the Wii u or the Wii art of the Wii u? If it's the Wii u you don't use a physical game, you use a DS VC title like brain training. If it's the vwii you no longer need a Wii game either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent