1. MikeTheKnight2016

OP MikeTheKnight2016 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello - I haven't checked in on this in a while, but my PS4 is on OFW 7.55 is it possible to hack this? If not, is it possible to downgrade to a hackable OFW?

2. Godoto

Godoto Member
    Newcomer

Poland
  3. MikeTheKnight2016

United States
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    day 0 exploit(s) are supposed to get a conference December 7th-10th at blackhat in Europe. the only one I know of though to be talked about is a webkit exploit for 6.xx, so it may not be helpful for you.

E1ite007, MaxToTheMax and peteruk like this.
  5. MikeTheKnight2016

United States
    A google search showed a few hits claiming it was possible (nothing reputable) - so I asked here to confirm or deny.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    6.72 is the latest exploitable, but it's got a lot of problems from what I've heard.

7. MikeTheKnight2016

United States
    I was curious to see due to the release of the PS5 if more options would become available

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    maybe come December. there's supposed to be an exploit that works on the latest firmware, but it hasn't been disclosed as of yet. it may be given to sony, so I'd stay where you're at for the time being. $50,000 would be hard for anyone to turn down if they found an exploit, plus you can disclose it after it being patched = win/win.

E1ite007 and MikeTheKnight2016 like this.
  9. sergey3000

sergey3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Iceland
    Don't take it bad.
    There are some good things about non hacked console.
    1. You appreciate every game much more because you buy it with money that you earned by working very hard.
    2. You can play online with friends and you don't feel insulated.
    3. You can play the newest games
    4. You feel like A decent and law-abiding man
    5. You understand that pc is better and join to the master race

E1ite007, SexiestManAlive and KiiWii like this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    also, the ps4 exploits are not anywhere near as stable as you might think. you get kernel panics: black screens or shutdowns randomly even on 5.05.

E1ite007, peteruk and KiiWii like this.
  11. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I’ve been using @Leeful ’s v10 host on 6.72, and I have to say the stability it’s top notch. Very very impressive!

E1ite007, Maupiti, Leeful and 3 others like this.
  12. MikeTheKnight2016

United States
    I've got two PS4. One that I'm going to keep 100% legit and use PSN etc etc, and the second one that unfortunately got upgraded to 7.55 that I want to hack.

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    well, I've been using your xproject on 5.05. I dumped 14 themes for someone earlier. I encountered a weird problem where the system would black screen, then come back like nothing happened for themes that were two parts. I think it might've been some sort of glitch. the theme would show the preview or anything either.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@KiiWii , @Hayato213 told me much the same. he said he had major problems with 6.72 'til he tried the latest from @Leeful . I'm not sure why he updated . you, he, and one other friend are the only people I have on my friends' list on the switch btw. ;)

Hayato213 and KiiWii like this.
  14. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @godreborn I defy you to stay on 5.05 and X-Project when Leeful drops his next project.

All I can say is: it’s incredible.

peteruk likes this.
  15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    it's just that I know where everything is at with your xproject. hen, then tools, scroll down to vtx ftp or save mounter or whatever. I don't understand the point in a two part theme. it's not like the install is large.

KiiWii likes this.
  16. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I'm using v10 too (coming from V6mod and V6, on my Pro), all of them worked always fine and I was really happy with it...

but yesterday I've got a lot of failed attempts: Sometimes it failed with message please reboot + KP within seconds, sometimes it worked fine but just KP at the game start. One time I got an log off error screen (CE-34224-5) at the game start...In the end I've tried it again and again, wiped browser data in between and so on. Got about 7 KPs in a row until it worked. Bad luck I guess :D

In case I get a KP, I pull the power for about 10 seconds, at restart the PS4 checks the HDD and reboots. Then I reboot again, before doing another jb attempt. Is that procedure ok?

Anyway, thanks @Leeful for all the nice stuff :)

Maybe the kernel 0day in december is a bit more stable, I hope it works up to 7.55 :D

Leeful, spotanjo3 and KiiWii like this.
  17. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @susi91 thats right.

I have actually been able to use restmode too (no version before v10 worked for me for some unknown reason). I have had no KP’s and no failed attempts yet either.

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    afaik, the kernel panic is from a race attack (i.e. pushing a lot of data into memory), but the December 0day exploit says it's actually a webkit exploit, so it may not fix anything.

of those theme dumps, you have to redo the ftp payload for every theme dump (as long as you install one at a time, which is what I do). I got no kernel panics aside from that weird issue with parts 1 and 2 of a theme. from what I've found, as long as the icon0.png is listed in appmeta/addcont in the user folder, it will be selectible even if dumping multiple themes. all themes were still selectible even after going to the next theme. I even had it to where my metal slime theme (the one I was using) was no longer selectible, but I somehow got it working without having to reinstall anything.

peteruk likes this.
  19. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Yeah, rest mode is working really fine, works 100% on v6mod and V10 (and I think it worked on v6 too).
    I always use HEN (the one without the rtc fix).

KiiWii likes this.
  20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    rest mode usually works fine on 5.05, but I don't normally use it (not using it now), because I don't play the system. it's just for dumping things mostly.

Draft saved Draft deleted