Hacking Possible to create custom home menu to patch wii games?

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I remember correctly, each wii game has the home menu built into each game so that when you press the home button, it pulls up the menu to reset/wii menu/remote options/etc. Would it be possible to remove the official home menu and replace it with a custom one, say one that adds an option to return to the USB Loader? If this is possible, alexdp, could add an option in this WBFS Manager to patch each Wii ISO with a new custom home menu when it's added to your HDD. Thoughts? Opinions? We could even replace the home menu with the USB Loader GUI, so that every time you hit the home button, it would just bring up the USB Loader, and you hit it again, and it would return to the game. It would just make switch between games faster, instead of always having to return to the Wii System Menu each time first.

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
run usb loader from preloader as your boot file... and change the "return to" to preloader .... viola... returns to usb loader from exiting games....

Only drawback... to get to system menu you gotta hold reset..
frown.gif

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
maduin said:
if I remember correctly, each wii game has the home menu built into each game so that when you press the home button, it pulls up the menu to reset/wii menu/remote options/etc. Would it be possible to remove the official home menu and replace it with a custom one, say one that adds an option to return to the USB Loader? If this is possible, alexdp, could add an option in this WBFS Manager to patch each Wii ISO with a new custom home menu when it's added to your HDD. Thoughts? Opinions? We could even replace the home menu with the USB Loader GUI, so that every time you hit the home button, it would just bring up the USB Loader, and you hit it again, and it would return to the game. It would just make switch between games faster, instead of always having to return to the Wii System Menu each time first.

This could be possible yes. With not even that much work. Good idea.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always suggest kneepads with wheels to help with knee pain, then I get slapped