ALX1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After I have burnt a copy of an image-file of a Wii title to a DVD-R, can I later make a copy of the disc so I have two?
In other words, do I need the image-file if I want to make another copy or can I just copy my already burnt disc?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMGBurn is ur friend
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FenrirWolf said:
Take a look at IMGBurn's menu. There's a big, huge button that does exactly what you're looking to do.
really? The only reason I use nero is because I could never find a copy disk button, I know it can be done using img burn but I always thought u had 2 do it in 2 steps 1)rip disk image, 2) burn disk image. It's no different than Nero, but its less automated... if there's something I'm missing, plz let me know (i'm look at img burn 2.4.3.0 right now)... if there's a button i'm blindly missing I may just switch to img burn over resource hungry nero

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, I misread the post in that case. I thought he was just looking for how to get the image off of the disc (since some people don't know that IMGBurn can do that for some reason). There's no clone disc feature. My bad.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!
It will work!

Imageburn OR Nero can take your burned disc and make a image of the burned disc!
Its not rocket science, people!!!!!
Just use Imageburn, pick "create image file from disc", give it a name, and tada!
Its magically on your hard drive again!
OMG!!!!!!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the good old days, when I was burning my Dreamcast games, I learned that after I burned an image, and delete it, it wasn't possible to remake an image from a burned CDROM, I a special drive was needed ,or a serial cable from the DC to PC, in other words, it was easier to redawnload the game then trying to make an image that way.
That's because a DC CDROM was really a GDROM, and could hold slightly more data and was formatted in a special way.
So when I see a topic like this, I'm glad that the Wii has standard DVDs, and it's possible to re-rip them as many time as you want and IMGBURN is fantastic at that.
I always think is a legitimate question though, and having doubts about it is perfectly fine as it means that you have experience, opposed to whoever newbie assumes that it's just as simple as pressing the big RIP button.
With the Wii it works, but it's not always the case.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same holds true with Dreamcast games.........
If you have a Dreamcast backup on CD-R, just use Discjuggler to make an image file from said disc.
Yes, you are right, a DC game is a GD-ROM, and you can't make a copy of it, its better to DL a image of the game.
But once you have it, its there to use / recopy for ever and ever...........

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xilisoft ISO maker is awesome!! I only use it when img burn or nero run into problems and cant copy a disk (the only time that ever happened was when i was trying to make a backup of my original windows vista... hint hint... say bye bye to copy protection
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome