Hacking possible to change systemmenu version?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found the address but not going to test it out.

use 010editior open up the TMD file look at the address crap just give me a sec and i'll give you the PIC of the address

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sy...lversionyb1.jpg

the 122 equals 290

and i also looked on a USA 3.2u firmware
and the code is 121 equaling 289

so i'm pretty sure thats it

i'm pretty sure changing that code to 12C would give you version 300 like you want
smile.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I bet you're right. I thought of this, but didn't know the format.
so is it Big Endian ?

I really appreciate your info
smile.gif

let me just check it out.....

Propably, how can I check the version of my sysmenu on wii ?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Yeah, I bet you're right. I thought of this, but didn't know the format.
so is it Big Endian ?

Not sure of the format myself, I just opened up the TMD, which normally in a IOS.wad around this location is were the IOS Number code is located and the code that tells the wii were to install the IOS, just figured the system menu Version might also be close in the same location and i think it is. So what are you planning on gaining from doing this,

Not sure how to check the version if you changed it or not, mably by using anytitle deleter, I think it might give the system menu version but not sure

Update: you see that IE above the 122 code in the pic thats the address to change to tell the wii which IOS the system menu runs off of
smile.gif

hea and the little bit of code after the IE is the code that tells the wii were to install the system menu wad,LOL i could make the wii install the system menu as a VC Game.lol I more than likely would get a system files corrupt if i done that though.lol

This is all best guess though

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How does 000122 equal 290? just don'T get it ^^ maybe to early on this side of the globe.

Someone said, when you're on a modded sysmenu (with maybe some more files in it) and want to get rid of them, you propably just install the clean sysmenu over it... But as he said this will only overwrite the files that also come with the clean version. The "added files" would still stay in NAND.

So, to remove everything installing a version > then the installed would remove also the files that where added through the mod.
I'm not sure about that so I just wanted to try.

Deinstalling the mod wad should do same, but I'm not sure if I can reinstall a new systemmenu with wadmanager when have just removed a sysmenuMod?
Also as far as I know the recovery mode is constrained of the sysmenu. so it's a bit risky to deinstall sysmenu....

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
convert 122 HEX to Decimal

And never deinstall a system menu, Could possible make the system lock up, and re-installing over the system menu, does get rid of it.

122=290 3.2E
121=289 3.2u

and so on, i check both system menu wads, and its correct 3.2u has 121=289 and Pal 3.2e has 122=290

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thx- just didn't think of that ;P
Thought of endian... don't know how^^

What do you think of the said about "file removing" ?
Waste of time ?
Is that how IOS work ?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do you mean by file removing,
If your talking about the system menu, i would never uninstall, wouldn't even try. just installing over it, removes it? that is if i understand your question?

Is that how IOS work? What do you mean

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Someone has installed a sysmenu with more files in it then usual. Just added some for testin purpose into the app files. and I think after "over-installing " the clean menu, the files that were previously added with the mod are still in the NAND.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that i'm pretty sure you would be correct, cause the TIK or TMD can't remember which is what tells the wad manager or however your removing it, what files to delete so if you add files straight to your wii, i dont think you would be able to remove them? I think, not sure, But i do know regular method of removing or copy over them should not work, to remove the files

UPDATE here the same Method works on IOS's here is a IOS13-64-v10 and here the location for its, Version Address also
here the PIC

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iosversionse4.jpg

and the address 0190h were you see the 0D is the IOS Number which equals 13 so by changing this number you should make the IOS13 install has any IOS you want, you tell it works by it lets say you change the 0D to FF and save the TMD now pack it up, into a wad, next time you unpack it, you'll notice the folder will now be 000000FF instead of 0000000D so i know this method works,
Well I hope i help ya

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.