Hacking Possible to boot straight into USB loader GX

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone give a detailed tutorial on how to do this? I have the GXforwarder.dol and Preloader v0.29 but I do not know what to do with the Preloader folder or the GXforwarder.dol. I also do not know what to rename the .dol files, what to input into the hacks.ini file, etc.

Thank you very much if anyone could help!

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first make sure you have Preloader in its folder in the Apps folder on your SD card.

install preloader from HBC, reboot the wii, you'll get the preloader menu (white text on black background)

note: you navigate the preloader menu using a wiimote: A for forward, B for back, and the cross pad for up/down and left/right for changing options.

put the GXforwarder.dol on the root of your SD card, then in the preloader menu install it (select it and press A). stay in the preloader menu. go to Settings, set boot (the first option) to File, and return to preloader. Save settings.

reboot, your wii should go straight into USB loader GX.
the return to option means it should also go into the loader GX when choosing reboot from any wii game.

note: after doing this, you won't see the preloader menu again until you hold RESET while turning on the wii (more accurately, hold reset any time the menu is loading)

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!! Works perfectly. The only thing is that I did not use WAD Manager at all. The Preloader had it's own installer when I clicked it in HBC.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only issue with that method is when updating USB Loader GX. If you use the update over WiFi function in GX then it will automatically download and replace the boot.dol in SD:\apps\usbloader-gx\ folder. You'll have to manually copy that DOL to the root of the SD card and reinstall the file through PreLoader again.

Only each time you update. Otherwise, you'll always be stuck on the version of GX that you install with PreLoader.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hai1242
sorry you're right i forgot preloader installs itself. edited my last post.
good that it worked thanks.

@Logan
erm no i think we're installing the forwarder, and GX stays on the SD card. unless i'm misunderstanding something. pretty sure my instructions were right though, i said put GXforwarder.dol on root of card, not the loader. so updates for loader should work fine. hopefully forwarder won't need updates.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Smiff & Logan

Slight misunderstanding there. For some people installing the loader.dol in preloader is fine but a few harddrives take a while to fully initialize so that's why some people install the forwarder.dol. In order to give the harddrive a couple of extra seconds to wake up.

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use an edited usb loader gx forwarder edited to id JODI
and set bootmii to auto boot home brew channel at 0 delay
no messing with any preloader junk that way

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shonk said:
just use an edited usb loader gx forwarder edited to id JODI
and set bootmii to auto boot home brew channel at 0 delay
no messing with any preloader junk that way
The problem was fixed five months ago!!!!! Did you just read the first post and then add a reply?

funtimez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the forwarder.dol go in the root of the drive? also does this have to be on a sd card or can it go on a usb drive?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know that this topic is two years old? You found only this one when performing your search? I'm sure there are more recent topics about the same subject.
You shouldn't follow or use files from old tutorials.

About your question, you didn't provide a lot of information.
I think what you want is to install the USBLoaderGX forwarder.dol into Priiloader? (don't use Preloader, now there is Priiloader).
You have to place your .dol on the root of the SD card.
Don't use the forwarder.dol from this topic, instead download and use the forwarder3.0.dol from the latest version.

If you had read page 2 of this same topic, you would have found the step by step guide to do it.
You need to do this installation step only one time, you don't need to keep the forwarder.dol on your SD card once it's installed in the Wii.

There is another way to boot straight in USBloaderGX, but it requires Bootmii installed as Boot2, a modified bootmii file, and the UNEO forwarder channel installed.

Next time, please don't bump a too old topic, and don't follow outdated guide, it could brick your Wii by providing incompatible files for newer consoles.
If you still have a problem on how to install Priiloader or use USBloaderGX, you should create a new topic in the Wii - backup loader forum.

funtimez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it need to be a sd card or can it be in usb stick formatted to fat32? sorry i have been out of the scene for a while. i also just downloaded the forwarder3.0.dol i know its the latest version but it says i need ios58 installed and i dont know how to do that either. i appreciate your help. btw my wii is 4.2u running priiloader v.07 r(138) ios 70 if that helps any.

Germini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, I was looking for something exactly like this! It worked like a charm
smile.gif
. I was hoping to launch directly a dol file, but creating a channel is alright. (I'm using bootmii to run this)

@funtimez you can use dop-mii to install IOS58 or search on the web.
Thanks a lot !
wink.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can install IOS58 manually (you need internet connexion).
And in fact, the latest forwarder is 4.0, sorry
tongue.gif

(you will find both the Wad and the dol version of the Forwarder4.0)

I don't know if Priiloader can read from USB too... just try and you will know?
Use SD card and it's all easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: