(Possible Rumor) TLoZ BOTW Wii U Release Date

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by pietempgba, Nov 24, 2016.

1. pietempgba
    OP

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
  2. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    look like a boring uninspired game anyway so eh

3. pietempgba
    OP

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    I want it

4. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    well you're probably still young so I can understand

5. WiiU

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    Re-re-re-redelayed.

Cool opinion.

6. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    How on earth is rock climbing and sitting at a camp fire any good? They messed this game up because friendly Nintendo dumb down this game for kids to play.

-Easy enemies once again
    -No weapon upgrades
    -No exciting combat system- still the same kid friendly combat
    -No skill upgrades

I am really scared for Nintendo first party titles because this kiddy stuff need too stop.

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Have you actually played the game to know how easy it is. The part shown was early in the game.
    So you don't consider getting better weapons through killing enemies upgrades?
    It looks pretty good imo
    They do need that actually.
    Nintendo started out as a family friendly company and it is going to end that way too.

8. sroemr

sroemr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    Why get away from family friendly? Then you have nothing that may differentiate you from the other 2 main consoles. Xbox One and Playstation 4 are pretty much the exact same thing. I usually only buy one of the two each time (PS2, 360, Xbox One). Literally no reason to buy the other. The reason I went with Xbox One instead of PS4 is because Xbox has the ESPN app, and PS4 doesn't. There are a few other minor reasons, but when the major deciding factor is an app then there isn't much of a difference.

I wouldn't mind playing a baseball game but I have no interest in dropping $400 for the console and then $60 for the game when I have barely touched Madden, BF1, or any of the other new games I've bought.

Keep the family friendly theme and you'll get parents to buy it, ya know like they probably did for you when you were a kid. Then you expand to reach the more hardcore gamers by allowing games like Skyrim on the go, while also getting 95% of the same games as the other 2 major consoles.

Last edited by sroemr, Nov 24, 2016
  9. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The Switch is coming out on March 2017 so the rumour loses any argument it had. Nintendo isn't going to delay the one game literally everyone wants to play.

EDIT:

That doesn't sound good.

Last edited by Saiyan Lusitano, Nov 26, 2016
  10. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    But it is true. The odds of nintendo releasing a game that will please the modern gamers (aka 12 year olds that play "manly games" like COD) are slim and I can't see them going 3rd party.

11. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The best Nintendo games are in the past so if Ninty screws up the Switch it's not an issue of games because I've already got the ones I want.

12. WiseHorror

WiseHorror Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal
    That's your opinion. I still have as much fun, if not even more fun with recent Nintendo games than I had with the old ones. To each their own I guess.

vinipeix likes this.
  13. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    So name some, if you don't mind. Modern Nintendo games for the most part just don't compare to the past games they made.

14. WiseHorror

WiseHorror Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal
    All the recent Zelda games(Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds), Mario 3D World was really fun as well, the Pokémon games, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Animal Crossing New Leaf

15. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    that has to become the best zelda ever created considering it was 2015 when it should have been released.

16. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Good selection. Nothing against those. Mario 3D World was more of an HD remaster/upgrade/sequel of Mario 3D Land, though.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  17. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Why is everyone complaining because Nintendo is not making more "mature" titles from their IPs?
    Are you guys forgetting this is Nintendo you are talking about?
    Their main audience is still kids, family friendly, and that is a HUGE market right there, if it weren't for them, parents would have an awful time trying to pick up kid friendly games for their kids from the PS4 and XOne library.

Besides, I've been with Nintendo since the NES and they have never disappointed me when it comes to their IPs.
    I always enjoy them, even right now up to the Wii U, and I enjoy them way more than most "mature"/generic stuff out there for the PS4 and XOne.
    If you want your Dark Souls shit, go play it somewhere else, Zelda is fine as it is and it is still a successful franchise nevertheless.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  18. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It's not about making 'mature' games like the ones you'd imagine but their own franchises which are basically dead because all they ever focus now is on Mario, Pokémon and Zelda. At least there's Zelda so it's something.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Amazon has some release dates of their own.

Amazon America - March 31, 2017
    Amazon Germany - March 31, 2017
    Amazon Italy - April 1, 2017

I know, Amazon is not a reliable source for finalised release dates but the two America and Germany have the same dates. :-/

20. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Mainly, yes. As someone who loves most of their franchises (except Pokemon) I was disappointed that Nintendo didn't use their immense Wii-era earnings to have a very strong launch line-up. Let Relic make a RTS game in the Fire Emblem universe, work with Treyarch to make a Metroid Multiplayer-FPS with asymmetrical gameplay. Same with Battalion Wars, Excite series, Wave Race, F-Zero, etc. Most of the time they didn't even try to use the gamepad in interesting ways except in Nintendo Land and similar games. Mario Kart 8 is good but Mario Kart Double Dash 2 with asymmetrical gameplay (1 driver, 1 item thrower with Gyro or Wiimote) would have had a bigger impact (people and developers would have paid attention).