Gaming Possible Pokemon Timeline?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,362
  • Replies 32
D

Deleted-236924

OP
Eh, I'm bored. And I haven't played a game with a timeline as mysterious as Zelda.

The Zelda timeline doesn't even make sense. Pokemon really doesn't have much of a timeline either nor has anyone cared about it. All you know is that G/S/C take place after R/B/Y at least, everything else is pretty much in the air.
You forgot to mention that we know that B2/W2 takes place after B/W as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Is there a possible Tetris timeline?

They made one but then the line got cleared.

1010bbecd3d478fd50ac8d68473f69f2.jpg

This topic should be pinned to EoF...

On topic: I never thought that gen III & I occurred at the same time.
19710800.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm...

It's obvious that GSC happened after RBY.

BW and BW2 are after DPPt, as Cynthia mentioned about a trainer whom she battled (Lucas/Dawn).

DPPt happened either alongside or after GSC, because of the Red Gyarados documentary.

RSE is a tough one, since there isn't much evidence. Maybe it happens alongside DPPt as Brendan/May moved to Hoenn from Johto and steel or dark types already exist. It may also be possible that RSE happens alongside GSC, which I think is more likely because of two different trainers traveling in two different regions - just that one moved to Hoenn.

So, my guess would likely be:
RBY > GSC/HGSS = RSE > DPPt > BW > BW2.

EDIT: added spoiler

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that the timeline is in the order the games are released.
If you count the remakes, that means that RBY is happening at the same time as RSE, etc.
If you don't count the remakes, then it's an even more linear timeline.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm slightly skeptic over the bulbapedia one: stating that Gen I and III happened at the same time.

But why did dark types not exist in Gen I?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess I should throw these in there.

Professor Oak shows up in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
Cynthia is at the Sinjoh Ruins during the events of HG/SS
Caitlin from the Battle Frontier in Platinum, and also HG/SS is an Elite Four Member for Black/White. She was 14 in Generation IV, appears somewhat older in Black/White. If Battle Frontier can be considered a canon part of HG/SS, then it suggests little time transpires between Platinum and HG/SS, but not necessarily in what order.
Looker from the Platinum story reappears for the Black/White post-game.

Though I can't think of a damned thing that ties 3rd generation in with any of the other games, except for Steven Stone (champion from Ruby/Sapphire, not Emerald) and the Lati@s event.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought people agreed with this timeline?
Never thought Pokemon could have a propper timeline but this makes a lot of sense. But something is missing or I didn't find it, is that in the movie where Rayquaza fight Deoxys Deoxys came from the space which is an alien Pokemon which Arceus did not created cuz it isn't from Earth(Pokemon World)

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought people agreed with this timeline?
Never thought Pokemon could have a propper timeline but this makes a lot of sense. But something is missing or I didn't find it, is that in the movie where Rayquaza fight Deoxys Deoxys came from the space which is an alien Pokemon which Arceus did not created cuz it isn't from Earth(Pokemon World)
1. This is the timeline of the games.
2. Arceus created the Universe, not just Earth.

Reactions: 1 person

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Arceus didn't even create Belgium. Or apples. Its a creation myth. A story, a legend.
Same with all the other legends.

Just the fact that each story is only known in its region tells you everything.
People saw powerful monsters manipulating certain elements and made stories about them, of course the stories would be where these monsters are located.

And @Rupeeclock
frontier in HGSS is definitely not canon for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm slightly skeptic over the bulbapedia one: stating that Gen I and III happened at the same time.

But why did dark types not exist in Gen I?

Because only the remakes the second versions of games (not including B/W 2) are canon.

D

Deleted User

OP
Arceus didn't even create Belgium. Or apples. Its a creation myth. A story, a legend.
Same with all the other legends.

Just the fact that each story is only known in its region tells you everything.
People saw powerful monsters manipulating certain elements and made stories about them, of course the stories would be where these monsters are located.

And @[member='RupeeClock']
frontier in HGSS is definitely not canon for obvious reasons.

Not necessarily. In both games (I think.... it's been a long time since I last played these games. =_=) you seem to get transported to a certain room. It might be that in both games you get transported to the same room...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hi