OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
p4logo.jpg

Hey look, a countdown site with a creepy yellow TV screen.

While we don't know for sure if this is a sign of a new edition of Persona 4, possibly following in the footsteps of Persona 3 before it and landing on the PSP, there's several reasons to think so. While we don't normally report on rumors here, there's several reasons we think this countdown may be a legitimate reason to get excited:

- The site name and page title, 'Mayonaka TV' is nearly identical to Persona 4's 'Midnight Channel,' as mayonaka can be translated as 'midnight.' It's also the name of the Midnight Channel in the Japanese version of the game.

- The offbeat yellow and black colors within a TV set aren't something you see everyday, and bears more than a resemblance to images seen in Persona 4 (see in particular the official Persona 4 site.)

- The mayonaka-tv.jp domain name can be traced to a registrant of GMO Internet Inc. A trivial piece of information, until you consider GMO Internet is also linked to Atlus' online store in Japan. We've seen several cases before where a company will register a domain through an affiliated company, so the teaser site can't easily be traced back to them.

So again, while not confirmed, we believe all of this information combined is a little more coincidence, and paints a fairly convincing argument that a Persona 4-related announcement is coming. We'll know for sure in a couple days if this pans out, when the countdown expires, but we'll keep our fingers crossed. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Teaser Page

Looks like we'll have to wait until Monday to find out.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can kind of see how they came to the conclusion of an anime adaption, but I really hope it's a game instead. Very few adaptions of something good have ever turned out right, so if it turns out to be an anime then they better at least make it two seasons instead of trying to fit everything into 24-26 episodes.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Duskye said:
Scott-105 said:
Duskye said:
BrightNeko said:
P4P 3DS please ;o lets hope~?
Not to sound rude, but I don't think Persona 4 on 3ds would work.
Why wouldn't it?
I don't know, it just feels weird to me to have it on there, but I maybe wrong.
Who knows? I'd just like to see how it'd be. I think the 3D would be cool.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:
I think the 3D would be cool.

That's like the argument I see for every "X should be on the 3DS" line of discussion.

I'd just got for a PSP version. Persona 3 was awesome on the PSP, I'd have high hopes if they announced it for the PSP.
Or the NGP for that matter. If it were on the 3DS or PSP, they'd have to remove some content to get it to work like P3P...

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:

That's like the argument I see for every "X should be on the 3DS" line of discussion.

I'd just got for a PSP version. Persona 3 was awesome on the PSP, I'd have high hopes if they announced it for the PSP.
Well, 3D is one of the selling points of the 3DS, isn't it?

And also, I want more games to come out. So far the lineup is crap, other than OoT.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:

The touch screen could be used for the interface or something.
Also the 3DS's superior analog stick
BUT TOO BAD IT'S NOT COMING CUZ THIS IS AN ANIMU. So the topic title should be changed or something.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think they have made P3P after Persona Trinity Soul (really bad anime), I hope this is a forecast for a portable Persona 4 or the release of the 5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock