Homebrew Possible NFC N3DS Exploit?

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Amiibo-s. Little toy things that have NFC chips in them that can be played on a video game. Cool right? Well I was thinking that I know these Amiibo-s are little NFC memory cards, and then I thought maybe I could get a NFC chip, code it the way I want, go into Smash Bros, and make the NFC do a buffer overload and then inject code into the N3DS system. This is just an idea though, as I currently do not have a NFC or N3DS, but it is a cool concept. What do you guys think?

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible. But that's like saying "Guys, why don't we invade North Korea and free all its people? All we need is to take an army and bring it to North Korea, then attack and overthrow their government."
All the pieces are there, but there's no actual plans for execution.

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible. But that's like saying "Guys, why don't we invade North Korea and free all its people? All we need is to take an army and bring it to North Korea, then attack and overthrow their government."
All the pieces are there, but there's no actual plans for execution.

Yeah. Once I get a N3DS and a NFC I will be sure to do something

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've been thinking about this for a while to... i can imagine some kind of bannerbomb launched in the wiiU settings, by passing by the amiibo setting..would be a good way of penetration into BigN's jail :P

Reactions: Margen67

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
First you might want to learn on how NFC chips work. Obviously they have security mechanisms in place.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Its been done before with skylanders and Disney infinity but the console needs cfw and able to run unsigned code

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elmoemo: we can run unsigned code with the browser exploit.

NCDyson: well if we tought it was a solid plan..we would have already done it, we would not be here saying it would be fun :P we know its not a realistic idea for now, but damn it would be nice!

Duo: yes they obviously have security (who would not know that yet!?) but everytime a console is hacked they also had security anyway...
and lots of people already knows how to transfer data to an NFC,(..not related to the wiiu ..) so, the problem would not be to learn how an NFC chip works (since some already knows how..), it would be to know how to make it work in the browser.. but its all speculations from within the empty stomac that growls for food :P

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
At best this will lead to an entrypoint for other exploits, provided they have a flaw that allows data to be guessed and modified while still being accepted by the system.

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At best this will lead to an entrypoint for other exploits, provided they have a flaw that allows data to be guessed and modified while still being accepted by the system.

I'm sure Yellows8's gears are already turning.

yFtfY.gif

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not just create a topic about what some clouds look like? I mean, the 3ds menus aren't fully explored, maybe there's a hidden pixel that unlocks regionlock. You could think of a million and one ideas that aren't ever going to amount to shit. This is one of those things where you let the smart guys do the thinking; that's what I do.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just create a topic about what some clouds look like? I mean, the 3ds menus aren't fully explored, maybe there's a hidden pixel that unlocks regionlock. You could think of a million and one ideas that aren't ever going to amount to shit. This is one of those things where you let the smart guys do the thinking; that's what I do.

Seems a bit hostile. Homebrew communities thrive off of spit-balling ideas.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems a bit hostile. Homebrew communities thrive off of spit-balling ideas.
That's fine, but when you're gonna make a topic called "Possible NFC N3DS Exploit?" about a thousand people are going to think it's a legitimate idea till they all waste their time clicking to read this, and oh, guess what, it's absolutely nothing. These topics poison the well.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
weirder things have happened (soundhax anyone?)....but yeah wouldn't take very long for gbatemp to be filled with "pokemon X potential exploit?", "NSMB2 potential exploit?" etc etc, generally its good practice to either leave it to the guys who know what they are looking for i.e smealum,yellows8 etc or only make a thread like this if you actually have something that might possibly even to a small degree be a lead, like if you managed to make the browser crash or some other thing that's 99% of the time useless....just saying can we (and by we i mean someone other than me) make a hack by doing something completely vague and random

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.