Possible new exploit

_V1qY Nov 8, 2013.

1. _V1qY
    OP

_V1qY GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2012
    You are all missing the point. This exploit could easily be used in a flashcard, look at how iEvo used CookHax.

I was not first to bring Gateway into this thread; people who are blatent Gateway fanboys were putting this down as a "troll" thread.

I do not care if anyone believes or does not believe in this, the fact is that it is just interesting news.

I'd like this to be locked until more information is released, to keep it from GW fanboys from spamming. Thanks.

mr. fancypants likes this.
  2. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Don't really see GW spamming here. I just see a claim that's unproven with little backup.

I could pull information out of my ass and post it too. Whether or not you did is up in the air.

(I don't own a Gateway, nor have the desire to do so).

3. profi200

profi200 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Not as easy, as you think. It is user mode only and because of NX you can't run own code. That isn't a DSi game. It is a 3DS game. If someone could easily use this in a flashcard, then we don't need an exploit to run 3DS games, because the game runs from the flashcard. Something like Ace3DS Pro is unlikely (needs too much space inside the cartridge).

And btw. I doubt this is real until we see some proof.

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Why don't devolopers just fix a patch to the iEvo for the 3DS lol?

5. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    I don't think I've seen a single post from you that wasn't bashing alleged GW fanboys at any given opportunity. Maybe put your hateboner away for a little while, we could all get along :D

6. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    but .. but ramble pack !

NEP likes this.
  7. williamcesar2

williamcesar2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    New York City
    oOh shit, damn ! it will never be released

8. FearItSelf23

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States
    I received a tip that if you load a PS Vita game on your 3DS you can hack it.

Yeah screw competition creating better and higher quality products for us, the customers.

mr. fancypants likes this.
  9. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Tell him or her to pony up the hack or choke on a fat clock
    [​IMG]

curley12 likes this.
  10. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    THE easiest exploit is to start a decapping fund. Get about $2,300 then disappear. You can get a LOT of games for the 3ds, and even buy other systems with that, pay a car bill, maybe catch up on utilities. Hack life, don't just focus on 3ds game exploits. Like somebody once told me recently on twitter, "Even if that is the game, how would you use that exploit?"

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Because it's impossible (as of today).

One type of DSi Mode exploits (Team Twiizer's various DSiWareHax) was based on extracting dev.kp, later firmwares restricted NAND access to a few select applications (most notably firmware updates) rendering the exploits useless. The only way to dump the file now is to solder an MMC reader to the console's NAND.

The other (WinterMute's) type was based on edited save files and those were blocked with a firmware update.

No other exploits were found and interest in them died completely early on.

12. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I didn't ment it very serious :P
    But maybe they can release a patch for the iEvo when they find a 3DS savegame exploit (yeah I know that it's very hard since the iEvo is not open-source). But it would be a way for the hackers to make it easier to access the savegame exploit.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted