Hacking Possible new exploit

_V1qY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are all missing the point. This exploit could easily be used in a flashcard, look at how iEvo used CookHax.

I was not first to bring Gateway into this thread; people who are blatent Gateway fanboys were putting this down as a "troll" thread.

I do not care if anyone believes or does not believe in this, the fact is that it is just interesting news.

I'd like this to be locked until more information is released, to keep it from GW fanboys from spamming. Thanks.

Reactions: mr. fancypants

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't really see GW spamming here. I just see a claim that's unproven with little backup.

I could pull information out of my ass and post it too. Whether or not you did is up in the air.

(I don't own a Gateway, nor have the desire to do so).

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not as easy, as you think. It is user mode only and because of NX you can't run own code. That isn't a DSi game. It is a 3DS game. If someone could easily use this in a flashcard, then we don't need an exploit to run 3DS games, because the game runs from the flashcard. Something like Ace3DS Pro is unlikely (needs too much space inside the cartridge).

And btw. I doubt this is real until we see some proof.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The discoverer of the hack does not want to be named at this early on in the process, I'd hope you would respect this, but well this is GBATemp :P. They were involved in the Gameboy Advanced scene, and a bit of DS stuff though.

To all of you who are outright denying this because you are butthurt that your flashcard site was down for a bit, just wait and see...
Tell him or her to pony up the hack or choke on a fat clock
518-GgUy3cL._SY300_.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also received a tip about an expoit in Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut 3D.
I can´t provide a source, have any reputation or can name my referrer, but you
should buy it anyway.

I also will now abandon this thread.
THE easiest exploit is to start a decapping fund. Get about $2,300 then disappear. You can get a LOT of games for the 3ds, and even buy other systems with that, pay a car bill, maybe catch up on utilities. Hack life, don't just focus on 3ds game exploits. Like somebody once told me recently on twitter, "Even if that is the game, how would you use that exploit?"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why don't devolopers just fix a patch to the iEvo for the 3DS lol?
Because it's impossible (as of today).

One type of DSi Mode exploits (Team Twiizer's various DSiWareHax) was based on extracting dev.kp, later firmwares restricted NAND access to a few select applications (most notably firmware updates) rendering the exploits useless. The only way to dump the file now is to solder an MMC reader to the console's NAND.

The other (WinterMute's) type was based on edited save files and those were blocked with a firmware update.

No other exploits were found and interest in them died completely early on.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because it's impossible (as of today).

One type of DSi Mode exploits (Team Twiizer's various DSiWareHax) was based on extracting dev.kp, later firmwares restricted NAND access to a few select applications (most notably firmware updates) rendering the exploits useless. The only way to dump the file now is to solder an MMC reader to the console's NAND.

The other (WinterMute's) type was based on edited save files and those were blocked with a firmware update.

No other exploits were found and interest in them died completely early on.
I didn't ment it very serious :P
But maybe they can release a patch for the iEvo when they find a 3DS savegame exploit (yeah I know that it's very hard since the iEvo is not open-source). But it would be a way for the hackers to make it easier to access the savegame exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...