Status
Not open for further replies.

x_pike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was wondering if theres some sort of a Mii Streerpass Emulator. I don´t think its too hard to capture data packets from a mii transfering from a 3ds to another, and then reproduce those packets, even mayve edit them.
Things like getting puzzle pieces, and more important, finding Miis with the needed shirt color would then be possible.
Just wondering :)

pike

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The streetpass data is probably encrypted.

Then again why bother?
It's far more enjoyable to get out once in a while and find other people who have a 3DS.

Reactions: 2 people

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well i understand why x_pike want to do that, he is from Mexico and I think happen the same as here on Colombia, i just find 10 other people with a 3ds, no more (but i think in Mexico is more easy to find other 3ds user), for me is impossible, then a streetpass emulator would be pretty helpful

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Then again why bother?
It's far more enjoyable to get out once in a while and find other people who have a 3DS.
I'm out often and rarely see any results.

I'd actually like to see if an emulator would be possible just so I can get these puzzles finished.

Reactions: signz
D

Deleted-236924

Then again why bother?

I'd actually like to see if an emulator would be possible just so I can get these puzzles finished.
Isn't it possible to buy puzzle pieces with play coins?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Then again why bother?

Certain puzzle pieces cannot be bought and can only be obtained by Streetpass.
Or was it Spotpass?

shango46

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also think this would be a great project. I live in a small place (so small its called a village) and no one here has any desire to play 3DS as they are all 40+. To be able to emulate another 3DS and send things over streetpass via our PC's would be very handy. Especially for all those damn hats, lol.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i move to live in a place that no one knows what is a 3ds
i will love if someone make this kind of emulator

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 11 on my 3DS, but I've only just recently started taking it out with me. I get hits every now and again, maybe one per week.

Although we couldn't have a machine pretending to be a 3DS, I wonder if we could create something that allows long-range street passing over the Internet. Something like that wouldn't need to decrypt the data, for example you would have 3DS A, Access Point A, 3DS B and Access Point B. 3DS A sends out its broadcast message in search of other 3DS devices, Access Point A captures this broadcast and duplicates it, sending it over the Internet to Access Point B, which repeats the same broadcast. 3DS B picks up the broadcast and replies to Access Point B, which sends the reply to 3DS A via Access Point A.

I imagine this should be possible, but I think you'd need extra networking devices like a WiFi dongle and perhaps a custom driver. Probably too much hassle for anyone with the skills to be bothered anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Then again why bother?

Yes, but only on puzzles you've started and since the recent update, only for non-purple squares.

My trouble is that I've completed the puzzles I have, but I still have at least one, maybe two of the old puzzles I can't start until I get a StreetPass hit, and now I have the new puzzles with pieces that can only be received on StreetPass.

The other frustrating thing is that I have had a couple of hits since then, but they've been with people that didn't have any pieces I could use.

SynnFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 11 on my 3DS, but I've only just recently started taking it out with me. I get hits every now and again, maybe one per week.

Although we couldn't have a machine pretending to be a 3DS, I wonder if we could create something that allows long-range street passing over the Internet. Something like that wouldn't need to decrypt the data, for example you would have 3DS A, Access Point A, 3DS B and Access Point B. 3DS A sends out its broadcast message in search of other 3DS devices, Access Point A captures this broadcast and duplicates it, sending it over the Internet to Access Point B, which repeats the same broadcast. 3DS B picks up the broadcast and replies to Access Point B, which sends the reply to 3DS A via Access Point A.

I imagine this should be possible, but I think you'd need extra networking devices like a WiFi dongle and perhaps a custom driver. Probably too much hassle for anyone with the skills to be bothered anyway.

Kinda reminds me of XlinkKai, a program that let you play with other PSP users over the net in Ad-Hoc mode. So in theory, it shouldn't be TOO hard. Decrypting the info is the first step however. After that, the rest SHOULD be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill