Hacking Possible first 3DS homebrew or fake?

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KuRensan said:
100% fake I just tried to load a picture of my 3DS with Hello world on it and it works so or they have to show the bottom screen but for now 100% fake

Did the 3D light come on? Cuz in the photo the 3D light is off

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we'd need to see the bottom screen to know for sure.
but they're most likely just viewing pictures with the 3DS.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
ilostmyshoes said:
spiritofcat said:
I can't think of how you'd get a 3DS to display "Hello, world!" like that with the 3D light not lit. If it was DS mode homebrew the text couldn't be right at the edge like that because of the black vertical bars.

I thought you could make DS game stretch to fit the screen?
By default they are as tall as the screen, but not as wide since the 3DS is widescreen and the DS was not.

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
The Hello World screen could've been a faked jpeg, but there's no explanation for the ???????'s. That entry has a blank icon as well.

If this is a fake, it's very well done.

I was just about to say that if it was faked they did a fine ass job I doubt it's fake

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
having an entry in the system log would mean that it's a title that got loaded directly and not being an expolit based on a current channel/game.

That alone makes it a fake, we are still far from being able to do that.
We still don't have ANY 3DS code, the 3DS card communication is still not reversed, DSi homebrew via cards is not possible after YEARS, but now we have that after a few weeks by some random guys?
SUURE!

Also think about how real exploits are always shown via something else than a single image which doesn't even show all screens?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
having an entry in the system log would mean that it's a title that got loaded directly and not being an expolit based on a current channel/game.

That alone makes it a fake, we are still far from being able to do that.
We still don't have ANY 3DS code, the 3DS card communication is still not reversed, DSi homebrew via cards is not possible after YEARS, but now we have that after a few weeks by some random guys?
SUURE!

Also think about how real exploits are always shown via something else than a single image which doesn't even show all screens?
Yes, but you always have to check out the doubts. The DSi wasn't hacked for years because hackers feared that Nintendo would learn from their mistakes, and fix it when the 3DS came out. That's why an exploit came out in January this year. (It's already patched up, though.)

It may be incredible for someone to suddenly have access to 3DS code, but they may just be that talented. There's no proof for or against this claim.

As for the single image point, it is very sketchy indeed, however, it raises some questions:

- How did they get the "Hello World" screen to cover the entire 3DS screen? If it was with a photo viewer, how did they get the 3D Mode light to not come up, and the switch is clearly not all the way down?
- Where did they get that game ID from, and how did they manage to get the DS to read it?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
photo.jpg

You can see from your own attempts, there is ALWAYS a '3D' logo in the corner and the '3D' light is ALWAYS on in the photo viewer.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wes11ph said:
just an edited picture, loaded using your friendly neighborhood flashcarts...

FAKE..
Screen resolution.

QUOTE(Snailface @ Apr 14 2011, 04:11 AM) Parental controls = 3d light off
Righto. My point is now invalid.

There's still the game ID explanation that still stands, though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
CrispyYoshi said:
wes11ph said:
just an edited picture, loaded using your friendly neighborhood flashcarts...

FAKE..
Screen resolution.

QUOTE(Snailface @ Apr 14 2011, 04:11 AM) Parental controls = 3d light off
Righto. My point is now invalid.

There's still the game ID explanation that still stands, though.
A good job of image editing can fake the game ID, but that's not nearly as easy to do as the HelloWorld screen. (like where can you find a non off-screen image?)

I noticed one possible flaw in that Activity log screen: the icons have a slightly irregular vertical spacing from the tab borders. Look closely and you can see it.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Snailface said:
Parental controls = 3d light off

IMG_0122.JPG
Thanks for that one!
There's now a valid explanation for how both images could be faked, so until any evidence of their validity is presented I'm going to consider them fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?