Possible failure between layers?

Chonay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I got this vulnerable switch a long time ago, the thing is that at first it gave me orange screen problems and it froze, I checked it and it was the damaged cooler, I replaced it and everything was fine, only an error kept appearing, an unusual one since I can't find any information about it, and that is that sometimes it turned off and when trying to inject heckate it started heckate, but when we started sysnand we got an atmos error, but it's something curious since accompanied by in the In the lower part where the charge level is indicated, +0 mv (0mv) 0.0% appears, when the battery has or shows 3.9V, my first option was to change the BQ, when doing so the problem stopped for a while or better That said, it occurred less frequently, but now it won't let me start anymore. I think that until the battery is discharged a little it detects it, but I can't find the fault, I already measured all the capacitors near m92t and none is irregular, I already measured BQ and nothing bad marks me either, alg Any suggestion or what can I do?

Attachments

• IMG-20230214-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20230214-WA0003.jpeg
    925 KB · Views: 29

nubman33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This battery is new, I installed it together with the BQ, but if it is a battery it should not show voltage. Or is it doesn't matter?
are you sure you didn't bridge any connections? accidentally knock off a cap or resistor? is the BQ soldered on completely and in the correct orientation? also, try changing the m92t36 chip, sometimes they are bad without showing any shorts as well.

Last edited by nubman33,

Chonay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
are you sure you didn't bridge any connections? accidentally knock off a cap or resistor? is the BQ soldered on completely and in the correct orientation? also, try changing the m92t36 chip, sometimes they are bad without showing any shorts as well.
I rule out the issue of the cover generating a short circuit and yes, the BQ placed in the wrong orientation makes the console not respond, and about the m92, yes I was thinking like that but I wanted to have more opinions since I have seen that they have a lot of experience here and also Well, it's okay to ask, I'm going to get a new m92 and a new battery too, which at the moment I only have spare parts for the PI13USB

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have nothing much to add for the Switch specifics (actually impressed people are playing at that kind of level of diagnostics at this point, normally many more years from launch before a given console fixing workflow approaches that) but as far as board failures then there are two broad scenarios.

1) Liquid damage, including leaked capacitors. Gets down between through holes and vias and all sorts of fun ensues. Occasionally you get lucky and can dry things out, neutralise and corrosive chemicals, possibly throw bridge wires around and have it work again but more often than not you have a parts board and do what you can to transfer the heart of a machine (CPU, NAND and anything with keys burned into them that you can't or won't reflash) to another donor board.

2) Edge damage. Something gets pinched, crushed, bent or the like. Normally means something shorts to ground (plane) but you might have broken traces to deal with. In the case of the former this is one of the few occasions when owning a rotary tool/dremel is useful in actual electronics/PCB repair rather than grinding away a bit of case to fit a new wire/switch/light.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car