Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
Yesterday, I was on my wii u, browsing gbatemp. And I clicked on someone's signatures link.
Suddenly, the page froze. No error message, nothing. So I turned off the gamepad, but the wii u was still on. I repeted it after turning the wii u off manually, and it froze once again.
Is it a possible crash that could lead to an exploit? or just a lack of ram?

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be rude or anything, but crash =/= exploit.

Sorry to break it to you, but it would be useless anyway because we already have a browser hack, so it would be the exact same as our existing browserhax anyway.

D

Deleted User

the amount of dsi errors ect I have had from blackops 2 is unbelievable and I don't post it up every five minuits
I had issues with Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed freezing my console at least every hour. I sold the game, all my problems are now gone.
But yeah, a crash doesn't necessarily mean that an exploit can be made out of it. Cemu crashes all the time, but those aren't exploitable bugs.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
and what exacly makes the "public" so "entitled" to iosu anyway ?!?! even if it is real ,worked on, or whatever the status of it is doesnt give the "public" the right to moan and biccer about it allday, deal with it ,if it arrives then it will be a better surprise for people when it does :) doesnt mean the wii u scene is dead devs are still working on homebrew ect thanks to the kernal exploit.

Reactions: KapuDaKoopa

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,
Yesterday, I was on my wii u, browsing gbatemp. And I clicked on someone's signatures link.
Suddenly, the page froze. No error message, nothing. So I turned off the gamepad, but the wii u was still on. I repeted it after turning the wii u off manually, and it froze once again.
Is it a possible crash that could lead to an exploit? or just a lack of ram?
Maybe, but probably not. You'll have a better chance of finding exploits by looking at the published WebKit vulnerabilities (which there are a lot of), and trying them out on Wii U, as the Wii U and 3DS both have the same problem of using a rather old WebKit version and therefore share a lot of the same exploits. If you do that and end up finding one though, don't share it or even mention it until the current one is patched :P

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but probably not. You'll have a better chance of finding exploits by looking at the published WebKit vulnerabilities (which there are a lot of), and trying them out on Wii U, as the Wii U and 3DS both have the same problem of using a rather old WebKit version and therefore share a lot of the same exploits. If you do that and end up finding one though, don't share it or even mention it until the current one is patched :P
TBH the current one could use replacing too if you can find a more stable one

D

Deleted User

I'm not following. (For me at least) browserhax is as stable as the Empire State Building in a magnitude 5.8 earthquake (pretty darn stable - search for yourself). So is the kernel exploit. Neither have crashed for me once within the last two months.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Exploits and hacks aren't my forte. I'm a decent coder but that's about it. I suppose I could learn exploit development within a few weeks if I actually dedicated most of my time to it, I don't think I could motivate myself to do that though.
Nevermind that assembly is different for every architecture and I already have enough trouble learning x86 assembly. Started learning ARM assembly and I had no idea what I was doing. Still managed to accomplish what I was trying to do in the end but it was way simpler than this :P Haven't even tried PPC assembly and I bet it'd be even more confusing, seeing as I'm only used to x86 assembly and even then I only know the basics of it.
So you're asking the wrong guy, sadly :P

Though, the current exploit is 99% stable for me. I haven't had it fail once yet when loading HBL through loadiine.ovh or selfhosting (using HaxServer.jar)
Other online hosts tend to fail a lot though, and as far as I can tell it's caused by the latency.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1