Hacking Possible DG 11.4 to lower FW?

Tieracloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know DSiware injection can be used to install B9S. My main 3ds has B9S 1.2 installed. My coworker got a 3ds off craigslist and has 11.4. I told her that I can put the same thing on hers like mine but she is not near tech savvy at all. So it got me thinking that maybe if I was to do the old way of using menuhax. But I can't think of how that would be done.

Is there any way possible to get to a lower FW 11.3 without having B9S in the firm installed? Any input is welcomed.

And before I get answers that say why not B9S, its that she won't be by me everytime. Our job transfers to other locations and I wouldn't want to leave her with a non-working 3ds. She would most likely mess up updating B9S if a later FW requires updating the payload.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
b9s is safer than meuhax, and nope, its either dsiwarehax or hardmod for installing b9s on 11.4 (and in the future ntrboothax but that's not released yet)

in the long term a hardmod or NTRboothax would probably be the ideal solution, as long as she keeps a nand backup safe somewhere it will never ever be possible for her to brick her system as both those options allow you to restore a nand backup even from a bricked state

Tieracloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
b9s is safer than meuhax, and nope, its either dsiwarehax or hardmod for installing b9s on 11.4 (and in the future ntrboothax but that's not released yet)

in the long term a hardmod or NTRboothax would probably be the ideal solution, as long as she keeps a nand backup safe somewhere it will never ever be possible for her to brick her system as both those options allow you to restore a nand backup even from a bricked state

In her case I wouldn't think its safer. Thinking long term and if we are not in the same location then I wouldn't want her to panic when a FW update causes the boot.firm to be updated. At least with menuhax even if a FW update breaks CFW then removing the SD card will make the system back working. My nephew works at gamestop and even he is teaching his district to check for CFW on trade in systems as even he knows the next person to get it will be screwed if it boots to a black screen because the boot.firm is outdated.

So that is my thought process as not everyone will be following the scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: