possible crack on my ds?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by badgerkins, May 28, 2009.

1. badgerkins
    OP

badgerkins GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2008
    okay, i've had my ds lite for about 2.5 years. so far, i haven't had any problems with it apart from the battery dieing quite quickly but i replaced it with a new one recently. anyway, today i was just playing it and then i happen to notice a faint crack on the right underneath the hinge. heres where it is (red line):

[​IMG]

i can't believe i only just noticed it but maybe because i always thought that it was meant to be like that. upon inspecting it further, it was actually quite bad. whenever i open it, the crack widens. now i'm afriad to do anything with it :[ i can't say i have been keeping it safe (dropped 2 or 3 times, opening and shutting the ds quite violently) but i thought it would hold. but when researching more on this, it is quite common than i expected with multitudes of pictures everywhere of broken ds through cracks.

so i just want to know, how long will it hold before the 2 screens begin to fully separate?

also, i've seen images of the 2 screens almost separated but the game still playable 0_o

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice