Hacking Possible Brick?

Solutioni9e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a brand new non-patched Switch running 4.1.0. I was able to successfully hack it, enabling RCM mode with a jig, loading up Hekate and Atmosphere without any issues. Played a few backups and everything was great.

Over the weekend, I left my Switch charging using the stock adapter that came with it. I left it charging and unattended for roughly a day. I came back, unplugged the Switch and woke it up from Sleep mode. I then wanted to throw another game on the SD card, so I turned the unit off (held down Power button for 5 seconds and tapped Turn off.)

The device turned off. I tried turning it back on but it simply won't turn on anymore. I tried power cycling it, holding it down for 15 seconds, tried enabling RCM mode again (Power+Volume Up), letting it charge an entire day, etc....Nothing works.

What happened?

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Any chance you enabled AutoRCM? That could be why you can't turn it "on" again. It could have booted into RCM again after you turned it off and you didn't realize.

You could try connecting it to yor pc and see if TegraRCM or whatever you use, detects the Switch as in RCM.

Solutioni9e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you enabled AutoRCM? That could be why you can't turn it "on" again. It could have booted into RCM again after you turned it off and you didn't realize.

You could try connecting it to yor pc and see if TegraRCM or whatever you use, detects the Switch as in RCM.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to try when I get off work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Solutioni9e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I apologize for the double post but here is the update!

Indeed, AutoRCM was enabled. I'll admit, I was pretty stupid. It somehow slipped my mind that when turning OFF the Switch, I would need to inject the payload again after enabling RCM mode again. I also got confused because RCM mode is literally a black screen of nothingness and it is hard to tell whether or not the screen is already on or off.

Anyway, I plugged the Switch into my laptop, held down volume + and Power, and injected Hekati via TegraGUI. All is well.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the double post but here is the update!

Indeed, AutoRCM was enabled. I'll admit, I was pretty stupid. It somehow slipped my mind that when turning OFF the Switch, I would need to inject the payload again after enabling RCM mode again. I also got confused because RCM mode is literally a black screen of nothingness and it is hard to tell whether or not the screen is already on or off.

Anyway, I plugged the Switch into my laptop, held down volume + and Power, and injected Hekati via TegraGUI. All is well.
You dont need to hold down + with autoRCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL