Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just can't w8 to someone put it in safesysupdater. I mean I have friends in 10.6 and it isn't cool :(

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Is it me or am I feeling that Nintendo just can't be bothered we've been using the same exploit since 9.0 and Nintendo still hasn't patched it properly.

I believe gspwn is a weird half-hardware, half-software flaw, which is why neither homebrew nor piracy have been completely patched out. Also the reason why Smea decided not to release the original Ninjhax until after Nintendo had released the n3DS, as a hardware revision is most likely the only way to fix the exploit for good.
Also your sig is twice as big as your post, you should try fixing that, just saying.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my result (worked first run, I had no idea it worked for a second because of how fast it came up.)

svchax
Press Start to exit.
result : SUCCESS !!!
kernel version : 2.50.11

On 10.5 o3DSXL, loaded using menuhax and gridlauncher.

Ran it a few more times by hitting start then, trying to run it again, tried running it with another app in between, it failed the next two then ran successful again the next three tries by pressing start to exit, setting my 3ds down for a minute or so, then re-running it.

Seems sporadic but a lot more stable than memchunkhax2 at executing (I didn't mash any buttons after launching to get it to run.)

The failures looked like:

svchax
Press Start to exit.

Last edited by Mark McDonut, , Reason: more info and attempts

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is it me or am I feeling that Nintendo just can't be bothered we've been using the same exploit since 9.0 and Nintendo still hasn't patched it properly.
It bothers them and I can guarantee you they spend a lot of time and money trying to fix and prevent hax.
They just get outfoxed sometimes.

I wonder if they fired their security team and their replacements understand the system even less (lack of experience). The 3ds is a complex system.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
2 Questions:

Why would you release this so soon after the last one instead of waiting a couple of releases for it to cover more versions?

How does this work and why have you documented nothing about it? (Can't read the code because that shit's a complete mess.)
maybe its been obfuscated.....

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
2 Questions:

Why would you release this so soon after the last one instead of waiting a couple of releases for it to cover more versions?

How does this work and why have you documented nothing about it? (Can't read the code because that shit's a complete mess.)
If memchunkhax2 was implemented from just a few slides and a short talk, I'm sure someone capable will be able to clean it up and make it work on sysupdater/new3ds. Messy source code is much better documentation than words.

As for why he burned it so soon, well maybe he's just excited about his discovery more than excited about promoting the eyepatch stuff. Intellectual curiosity drives a lot of these guys.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only want to install legit cias on 10.6 (The new Pokémon ones), how much time is going to take this? Is pretty sure that tomorrow with the maintenance of Nintendo servers we get 10.7 with My Nintendo account.
They likely wouldn't have enough time to patch this, it was just announced.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

hogreb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tested on unmodded 10.6 o3ds xl using ocarina of time

Code:
svchax
press Start to exit
result: SUCCESS !!!
kernel version: 2.50.11