Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

nChuggeT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How would I go about downgrading to 9.2 from 10.5 then install emunand or whatever it is, im very new to all this. Also want to make sure I dont brick lol

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admittedly, I don't know much about actual hacking or the code itself. However, if this is using the race attack mentioned in the 32c3 talk, is there a chance that the increased processor speed of the N3DS may be executing and mapping the "proper" code before the chunks are rewritten by the hack?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that sysupdater supports 10.4+... should we change the 0.4.2b to something else?
To avoid confussion

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Admittedly, I don't know much about actual hacking or the code itself. However, if this is using the race attack mentioned in the 32c3 talk, is there a chance that the increased processor speed of the N3DS may be executing and mapping the "proper" code before the chunks are rewritten by the hack?
that is true, but the test app sets the clock rate to the o3DS speed (and disables L2 cache) before running the exploit, so the problem is somewhere else.
also this exploit doesn't modify/inject any code, it just modifies some flags.

Last edited by aliaspider,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm dumb. Take your SD card out of your 3DS and try turning on again.
You don't have menuhax do you? Menuhax gives you a black screen after a downgrade because you're don't have the 9.2 payload installed.

I cannot beacuse i don`t know the Recovery Key Combo. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish