Hacking Possibility of decrypting photos in Dead or Alive 5

AtwoZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Dead or Alive 5 game and I am quite happy with the game. The best thing is the game allows you to take pictures.
So, I played around with the photo mode and save them in hard drive.

When Im browsing in the hard drive through Storage Settings, the photo data show thumbnails and I thought it could be
viewable when transferring to PC. So, I used USBXTAFGUI and extract the data to PC.

All the extracted saved photo data is about 3.68MB, but no specific extension file name. Then, I tried to rename it to JPG, BMP, or anything, but I can't view the files
, even with Irfanview. When I'm using wxPirs, it contains nothing to extract, so I assume the photo itself is the one that I already extracted using USBXTAFGUI, only needs some heavy coding to make it into readable images. I am not sure if there any tool that can read the thumbnail picture of the Xbox360 file format.

So, anybody wants to try to decrypt the file into readable images? I give one sample of saved photo that I captured and it has been extracted using USBXTAFGUI, without any extension file name.
Hopefully, someone can come up with a tool or program, kinda like Dead or Alive Dimension Photo Decryption Tool. I wonder if Xbox360 also needs to use black screen to decrypt photo? I don't know about that. If it succeeds, we can share the photo and showcase all those 'sexist' photos. :D

Download the data: http://filesmelt.com/dl/ALBUMMJ27K0745006001110

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice file host.

CON at the start of the file suggests the CON file type which is a file type similar to the other main ones the 360 uses but for per 360 files, user files and such. I stuck it through le fluffie but it only has a file of the same name inside it with a couple of text files to indicate the contents as well as the file icons.

I also tried image decryption for various other screenshots (mainly 360 screenshot tool) the 360 games take but as part of that I saw Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 had an interesting format that needed more than the standard setup to do so I am not sure what goes there. I do not know enough to really try anything beyond that right now and the hex itself looked quite odd for an image format (even basic zip compression halves the file size which is really odd for an image format).

AtwoZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's possible to use the same technique like DOA Dimensions Photo Decryption where needs to use Black Photo to decrypt the photo.

Probably have something to do with changing file header size, only different that DOA5 has bigger file size of photo. It could be that the photo is in .RAW format.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah unless you want to tangle with whatever the 360 assembler is about it is probably going to be easier to figure it out using save file style decryption/reverse engineering methods

A black photo sounds more like getting a decryption key for the file- black is traditionally either all 00 or FF (or maybe FFFF, FFFFFF or FFFFFFFF depending upon colour bit depth) could which for a lot of encryption algorithms trying to encrypt just results in the key itself (or something but a minor step away). It could just be to find the header and other such things though which all black would possibly make easier.

RAW or RAW alike..... that would explain how Skate 3 image grabbing works and from some other things like ( http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-hdmi). I would have probably gone for the basic assign colours thing (or used a proper format like PNG) but hey.

Well if you are serious about this time to take many photos- make them all subtly different and note what should be different (by all means see if you can make an all black image). I imagine you are not the only one (the dead or alive hacker base is surprisingly active) and if I can I will provide a bit of help and see if I can not find out any more about the earlier DOA games.
Depending upon how it works you might also have to try editing some images on the USB and then trying to view them on the 360- quite a lot can be found out that way. I should be back up with a RGH box before long as well which might help this, DoA games have never really interested me though but I will try.

AtwoZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I uploaded some more files, but this time I include with Black captured photos, for anyone to test to decrypt using black photos. There are 3 normal captured photos and 3 black only photos (captured in a Dojo stage where I point up the camera upward). I took normal photos first, then extract the files to the PC. Then, I deleted those photos and replaced the album slots by capturing black photos.

Download file: http://filesmelt.com/dl/DOA5.rar

Just a few notes, the name of the files contain the information of the data from the game. Like for example, take this filename of the normal photo:

ALBUMMJ28P4414006018073

J = I assume it represents a month as a single letter, but I have no clue about this yet
28 = The date that I took a photo
P = Represents hour of clock (which is 11PM), still have no idea why it's in a single letter. If 12AM, it writes as Q
44 = Minutes
14 = Seconds
006 = I have no idea what it is, but every photos have these numbers
018 = Camera's focal length (In-game shows 1.8 F)
073 = Camera's zoom, in MM units in-game (73mm)

When capturing the black photos, I try to make sure the focal length and zoom numbers are the same as normal photos because maybe it will be help to decrypt the data with matching data.
Only problem is I cannot match the zoom length or I cannot focus the black area, so all black photos have limited zoom length (144mm).

Hope it is good enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far