Hardware "Portable" PS3

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kicking around the idea of a "Portable" Ps3, Really it's just a controller, display and wireless a/v reciever. The system Itself would nee d to be turned on for it to work . Other people have made ones that resemble tablets but I Don't want to cut open a controller and do that. My idea is a clamp on thing, That clamps on to the controller with a screen mounted + a/v reciever + Battery . What do you think?

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A wireless a/v setup has been done for the ps3 before just as a different design, I know the screen and battery will be small enough but I don't know about the reciever

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are lazy I have seen cases around ( GAEMS G155 being the most common) that are not that pricey and work well enough from what I have seen.

Beyond that I know the Wii and 360 use 12V internally, afraid I have not really been party to installing games consoles this go around (most people that wander into the garage when I am there are after bluetooth phone kits and fancy stereos if they want "custom" things).
That said I can get behind some of the square wave inverters these days (proper sine wave ones of reasonable power output are huge, expensive and heavy) unless you want to try repurposing a UPS.

Edit- I misread what you are going for... in that case yeah I can see that working. Perhaps grab one of those memory foam laptop things to sit on your lap and I reckon it could work well.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if sony would just unlock remote play for all games

then you can just use remote play with a vita and stream you game from the ps3 to the vita

there a "Portable" PS3 anywhere you can use the Internet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1