Hardware Portable dock for the switch? + case?

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a switch and looking for a more portable dock for my device.
I often tend to take my Wii u to friends houses to play super smash bros and when "Ultimate" is released I want to be able to do the same while being fairly portable.

So what I would want to is to have a small hard case with room for the switch + joycons, charger and a small portable dock with HDMI output, USB x 2 or 3 and USB c for charging.

Any advice which one I should get?

Tumoche

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Be careful some docks are known to brick systems in fw 5.x.
A safe bet may be to buy a small shell for your official dock

Last edited by Tumoche,

Aszrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are some DIY-kits around on eBay as well on Amazon. Be sure to grab one without motherboard and use the original charger cable! They are around 15€.

You will have to dismantle a original dock and build the original Switch-PCB in. Unhandy, but the only rather save procedure so far.
BTW.: It's not hard to change the PCB.

The rest are unofficial third party developments. Do not use them as they tend to brick the switch.

Another option is to buy an usb-c HDMI adapter. You will not be able to charge the switch during TV-gaming, but that's the most compact solution.

However: if you transport the switch within the dock you will not save much space. So best to buy a second dock and leave it witch the charger at your friend's place.

Last edited by Aszrael,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.