Hacking Popsloader Issues

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's start from the beginning:

Today, after completing KH: BBS, my brother suggested Vagrant Story to me. I decided to give it a go. After managing to acquire said game, I had to convert it from a .m something or other file (it was two files), into a .ISO using MagicISO. That led me to the ISO -> EBOOT converter that I found in the sticky. I turned the newly created .ISO into the EBOOT pretty easily with some images that I found on the qj forums (another link I found in that thread). What I'm having a hard time with is POPS.

I downloaded the version I found on qj.net (here). It came with:

- popsloader.prx
And a folder named popsloader containing:
- daxheaparea.prx
- idcanager_old.prx

I tossed those into the seplugins folder (the .prx and the folder with the other two) like I knew I should. I then booted into the Recovery Menu to see if I could enable it, but nothing shows up in the Plugin menu. I'm still black screening upon booting Vagrant Story, though all functions work when hitting the Home button that should work with a PSX game.

Any help would be appreciated, as I've tried searching around and such, and am just kinda lost at this point.

Running: 5.50 Prome-4 on a PSP 1000 series

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Let's start from the beginning:

Today, after completing KH: BBS, my brother suggested Vagrant Story to me. I decided to give it a go. After managing to acquire said game, I had to convert it from a .m something or other file (it was two files), into a .ISO using MagicISO. That led me to the ISO -> EBOOT converter that I found in the sticky. I turned the newly created .ISO into the EBOOT pretty easily with some images that I found on the qj forums (another link I found in that thread). What I'm having a hard time with is POPS.

I downloaded the version I found on qj.net (here). It came with:

- popsloader.prx
And a folder named popsloader containing:
- daxheaparea.prx
- idcanager_old.prx

I tossed those into the seplugins folder (the .prx and the folder with the other two) like I knew I should. I then booted into the Recovery Menu to see if I could enable it, but nothing shows up in the Plugin menu.
Any help would be appreciated, as I've tried searching around and such, and am just kinda lost at this point.

Running: 5.50 Prome-4 on a PSP 1000 series
I don't think you need the plugins I think. I had a eboot of Persona 2 IS on mine and I didn't need any plugins.

Try getting rid of them and see if that works.

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It was doing the same thing before the plugin, which made me think that maybe I needed a version of POPS that wasn't there.

Is my EBOOT just bad?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
It was doing the same thing before the plugin, which made me think that maybe I needed a version of POPS that wasn't there.

Is my EBOOT just bad?
I don't know. Have you tried using different programs to convert them?

Nathan Drake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just used the one in the sticky, as people seemed to be having resounding success with it. I read about another one somewhere, but totally lost the name. Do you know of another converter that I could try?

I guess not every game responds well to this converter. To note; I checked the compatibility list, and Vagrant Story is listed to work perfectly.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and I might suggest that you don't convert the two files that you original had. You can use those files on the converter I gave you in case the converted Iso doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/