Hacking Homebrew popsloader? 1.50 addon? Mumbo Jumbo?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's two things that I don't understand and that is popsloader and the often released 1.50 addon.

I have a PSP Phat with the latest 3.90 m33 firmware. So What are those two items, how do they work, and what do I need them for, and if I do need them how do I go about istalling them without overwriting 3.90 m33.

Ok I thought of a third thing. What's the n64 emulation like on PSP, is it worth trying, will it run decent, and is it a difficult process of making it work on the PSP/

I hope some one can clarify this for me.

thanks in advance

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
There's two things that I don't understand and that is popsloader and the often released 1.50 addon.

I have a PSP Phat with the latest 3.90 m33 firmware. So What are those two items, how do they work, and what do I need them for, and if I do need them how do I go about istalling them without overwriting 3.90 m33.

Ok I thought of a third thing. What's the n64 emulation like on PSP, is it worth trying, will it run decent, and is it a difficult process of making it work on the PSP/

I hope some one can clarify this for me.

thanks in advance
Popsloader uses older firmware's Popstation stuff on newer firmwares, this is needed because each firmware has a different Popstation, and some work better with certain games than others. (I can't help with the installation part, haven't used it)

1.50 add-on lets you use 1.50 homebrew on your Phat PSP. (I can't help with the installation part, I have a Slim)

Daedalus runs pretty slow, but without sound most games are playable. It's easy to get it to work: extract daedalus folder in GAME150 (You need the 1.50 addon) or GAME (If you use the 1.00 firmware version, works on CFW). Put ROMs in ROMs folder. I'd say it's worth it, but if you're picky about speed, don't bother.

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the prompt response, so from what i gather popsloader is something I don't know, just like the 1.50 add on.

Cheers

Basically, in plain English, Popsloader is a plugin to load "pops" from different versions of firmware while still using your current firmware. You only need to to play PS1 games because certain games have better compatibility or run better on older or newer versions of firmware. For example, I'm right now, I'm playing FF9 on my 3.90 M33 but I'm stuck because it keeps freezing on a certain part. Now, I have to go use the Popsloader plugin to run a different pops because I heard that FF9 run perfectly on 3.40 firmware.

The 1.50 add on is for phat PSPs to go along with your current custom firmware. Certain older homebrew only run under 1.50 firmware and are not compatible with updated custom firmware. The add-in will let you switch to the 1.50 "kernel" while still keeping your custom firmware installed so you can run the homebrew software.

That's basically how I understand it. So if you don't play PS1 games or use homebrew then you don't really have to worry about these two things. =p

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I regularly play PS1 games on my PSP without POPsloader and I've never had any problems, I'm pretty sure the games that actually need it are few and far between.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok