Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

AdCant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I just tried that solution, and it didn't work. The same error persists. I modified the config in the pspconfigs folder using HxD and recreated the eboot.
Is there any other way to solve the problem? And if I did the process incorrectly, can you explain how to do it correctly?
Post automatically merged:

The configs have been added to pop-fe now.

The config will be automatically applied. Please note that you will need a GitHub account to be able to download this.
I already tested the Driver after converting it with the new build, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by AdCant,
Reactions: The_Ho

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there any other way to solve the problem? And if I did the process incorrectly, can you explain how to do it correctly?
How about trying the NTSC version?... you can also use PSX2PSP... there are 2 options for PS1 games to be converted and played either PSP or VitA... PSX2PSP is a normal conversion while POPS Fe had some config fixes... (THOUGH) PSX2PSP converted PS1 games can also have a config fixes via adding it manually..

Last edited by OPPAI_DAISUKI,

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why don't you try getting another dump of the game and converting that? I'm sorry that I can't test it on Adrenaline as I don't have a Vita, but the game runs fine on my PSP with the config.

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AdCant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I tried applying the solution that had been suggested to the already converted eboot instead of the config, and it worked. I noticed in a previous issue on the pop-fe GitHub that configs meant only for PSP have one size, while those for both PSP and Vita have another size. The config in pspconfigs is only for PSP. Would it be possible to adapt it for Vita as well? It would be inconvenient to manually modify the eboot every time this game is converted.

Last edited by AdCant,

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried applying the solution I was told about directly to the converted eboot instead of the config, and it worked. I noticed in a previous issue on the pop-fe GitHub that configs meant only for PSP have one size, and those for both PSP and Vita have another size. The config in pspconfigs is only for PSP. Would it be necessary to adapt it also for Vita? It could be inconvenient to manually modify the eboot each time this game is converted.
I am not too sure what you mean. You added in the config manually for Crash Bandicoot 3 on Vita and it worked? Was the EBOOT created in pop-fe or PSX2PSP? And you added in the PSP config to the EBOOT?

Configs in the pspconfigs folder are for both PSP and Vita. The smaller configs are PSP only because Vita already has an updated config internally for that game. Crash Bandicoot not only has an internal config, but the game was also released officially on the store, so the error could be from a conversion issue rather than anything to do with a config.

AdCant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
The config is not activated on Adrenaline as config revision is lower than what Vita can accept, so default internal config is used instead. You can try zeroing out the config by using HxD's search functionality.

Search for this (hex search):
Code:
60 00 07 06 00 00 06 06 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F7 FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 01 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF
And just zero it out.
This is the solution I used: I converted the game using pop-fe, then edited the eboot with HxD following the instructions, and the game worked without any issues. Previously, when the game reached the Universal Interactive Studios logo, the music would stop, and the game would freeze, causing Adrenaline to crash shortly after. It seems the culprit of the problem was the config because the bin-cue files used matched the redump database, and when testing the game on a PC emulator without conversion, it worked without any problems.

Also, the anti-piracy message didn't appear, and the game's music started on a black screen before continuing normally until the error I mentioned occurred. Additionally, on the PS1 boot screen, the characteristic sound played differently. I recall seeing somewhere that this was a signal from the PS1 indicating that there was something wrong with the read disc, such as a reading error or errors in the data on the disc.

Last edited by AdCant,

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AdCant I have just converted Crash Bandicoot 3 SCES-01420 through pop-fe: no additional steps were completed, and everything runs perfectly fine through Adrenaline. Still using the default config included in pop-fe (which is not enabled anyways, as it is a PSP only config [revision lower than 0x06070070]).

AdCant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I downloaded pop-fe again and converted the game once more, and now it worked correctly. It seems something was downloaded incorrectly or got corrupted, and that's why it wasn't working. Sorry for bothering you.

dieg15

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!
Has anyone tried to convert the American version of C-12? I can't get it to work. The voices don't work and the game doesn't go past the intro.

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
Has anyone tried to convert the American version of C-12? I can't get it to work. The voices don't work and the game doesn't go past the intro.
C-12 looks to be compatible based on the list. It also looks to be a CDDA game. Converting with pop-fe should fix those issues if they are related.

ronniesahlberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
C-12 looks to be compatible based on the list. It also looks to be a CDDA game. Converting with pop-fe should fix those issues if they are related.
C-12 seems to work fine using pop-fe.

One game that does not work is HeartOfDarkness that seems to be a cute little action adventure game.
Anyone want to try if a config can fix it? It crashes already with graphics corruption at the main menu. :-(

jaco4985

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have tryt all and I can´t get this game to work asterix mega madness

I have tryt all and I can´t get this game to work asterix mega madness is ther anyone the can help

AdCant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I've been testing some games converted with pop-fe, and these are my results so far (tests were conducted on a PS Vita with Adrenaline):

1. Alien Resurrection (PAL version): The game runs relatively well with good speed, but the dialogue audio is choppy, repeating the beginning of phrases, which is annoying. Apart from this, the game is playable.

2. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (NTSC version): The game starts, but when trying to load a fight, it freezes, and Adrenaline crashes. The same issue occurs with psx2psp.

3. Time Crisis - Project Titan (PAL version): The game starts and runs at a good speed, but it lacks music. It is playable, but the experience is not the same.

Note: The PAL version of Alien Resurrection and Time Crisis was used instead of the NTSC versions because they are multilingual.

I've noticed that the issue with Time Crisis has been mentioned before. I would appreciate it if someone could create configs for these games, making them 100% playable on PSP and Vita while taking advantage of the reduced size and corrections offered by the CDDA to ATRAC3 conversion. I tested these same games in RetroArch, and my results were as follows (tests were done with bin-cue files merged with binmerge and CHD, and the emulator had its corresponding BIOS):

1. Alien Resurrection: The game runs at a good speed and has no audio problems, but the framerate is unstable. In summary, it is playable. In CHD, the game doesn't run at an optimal gameplay speed, and the audio is choppy but more drastically than in Adrenaline.

2. Mortal Kombat: Runs without problems in both formats. At least I haven't noticed any difference.

3. Time Crisis: Runs at a good speed, and character voices sound good, but the music is choppy, with a constant crackling in the audio. In CHD, the game runs at a good speed, but the audio issue is more noticeable.

Last edited by AdCant,

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
C-12 seems to work fine using pop-fe.

One game that does not work is HeartOfDarkness that seems to be a cute little action adventure game.
Anyone want to try if a config can fix it? It crashes already with graphics corruption at the main menu. :-(
According to a comment in 💿Romance, the game just looks weird in the menu, otherwise it is playable. Anyway, I'll try a config for that. :D

@AdCant, Time Crisis Project Titan works fine on POPS 3.02. This either means that a config could be made to fix the audio issues, or it just worked on 3.02 due to some huge differences between versions.

About Alien Resurrection, that problem wasn't present in the NTSC version. I wonder why that happens...

Also, Mortal Kombat is a cursed game, so it'll need a patch to the game itself rather than a config.

Last edited by Webardo,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have tryt all and I can´t get this game to work asterix mega madness

I have tryt all and I can´t get this game to work asterix mega madness is ther anyone the can help

Apply a libcrypt patch

I've been testing some games converted with pop-fe, and these are my results so far (tests were conducted on a PS Vita with Adrenaline):

1. Alien Resurrection (PAL version): The game runs relatively well with good speed, but the dialogue audio is choppy, repeating the beginning of phrases, which is annoying. Apart from this, the game is playable.

2. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (NTSC version): The game starts, but when trying to load a fight, it freezes, and Adrenaline crashes. The same issue occurs with psx2psp.

3. Time Crisis - Project Titan (PAL version): The game starts and runs at a good speed, but it lacks music. It is playable, but the experience is not the same.

Note: The PAL version of Alien Resurrection and Time Crisis was used instead of the NTSC versions because they are multilingual.

I've noticed that the issue with Time Crisis has been mentioned before. I would appreciate it if someone could create configs for these games, making them 100% playable on PSP and Vita while taking advantage of the reduced size and corrections offered by the CDDA to ATRAC3 conversion. I tested these same games in RetroArch, and my results were as follows (tests were done with bin-cue files merged with binmerge and CHD, and the emulator had its corresponding BIOS):

1. Alien Resurrection: The game runs at a good speed and has no audio problems, but the framerate is unstable. In summary, it is playable. In CHD, the game doesn't run at an optimal gameplay speed, and the audio is choppy but more drastically than in Adrenaline.

2. Mortal Kombat: Runs without problems in both formats. At least I haven't noticed any difference.

3. Time Crisis: Runs at a good speed, and character voices sound good, but the music is choppy, with a constant crackling in the audio. In CHD, the game runs at a good speed, but the audio issue is more noticeable.
@Webardo answered you correctly.

About your error opened on GITHUB about Street Fighter...
The problem appears to be in your .cue file, correct track 72 in the .cue file

In:

FILE "Street Fighter Collection (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 72).bin" BINARY
TRACK 72 MODE2/2352
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:03:00

For:

FILE "Street Fighter Collection (USA) (Disc 1) (Track 72).bin" BINARY
TRACK 72 AUDIO
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:02:00

Track 2 is just a Dummy, the game works normally.
According to a comment in 💿Romance, the game just looks weird in the menu, otherwise it is playable. Anyway, I'll try a config for that. :D

@AdCant, Time Crisis Project Titan works fine on POPS 3.02. This either means that a config could be made to fix the audio issues, or it just worked on 3.02 due to some huge differences between versions.

About Alien Resurrection, that problem wasn't present in the NTSC version. I wonder why that happens...

Also, Mortal Kombat is a cursed game, so it'll need a patch to the game itself rather than a config.
HeartOfDarkness
I saw reports that in versions 5.00 onwards it is playable but crashes at the end, which is only finishable in POPs 4.01 or lower like 3.52.

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can anyone take a look at Linda Cube Again? The English patch dropped today but it crashes on PSP&Vita as an eboot
When does it crash? Vita has a config for the game within its POPS. It does seem I forgot about porting that one to PSP though...

w

how about using setregion?...is it a good game sir?...
No need, the game is already japanese, so it's as easy as just writing another game's ID to test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4