POPS Loader all Over Again

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Android developer Yifan Lu has reverse engineered the Xperia Play's native PlayStation emulator to
make it run ripped PSX ISOs. That means you're no longer limited to Crash Bandicoot or the handful of other PSX titles that have officially trickled out from Sony Ericsson. Instead, you can grab your original games from the attic, rip them into disc images, and bring them back to life on your Play. Er, assuming that's legal, of course. Perhaps you should move to Papua New Guinea before trying it. We've attached one of Lu's videos to prove that his tweaked emulator actually works. His custom ISO of choice? More Bandicoot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sV0rXHBekQ[/youtube]

Whats so great about this?

1. It is designed by Sony, thus , its bound to run better than 3rd party emulators such as FPSE.

2. Its free.

Source
Source 2

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason why I'm in doubt is because Crash Bandicoot only supports the touchpads for controlling the D-Pad, instead of actual analog support. The original PS1 copy didn't support analog, so that'd be understandable, but this is why I'm questioning if this emulator has it because it's based on the Crash Bandicoot emulator.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of this being migrated to other Androids? If this would work better than PSX4Droid or FPSe on my Inspire, then hell yes.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Awesome freakin' news, this will let run your own ISOs all over the way, thus using native PSX support.. So the title fit the news perfectly =)

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Very nice, looking forward to trying this on my xperia play
happy.gif

Not that i've run into any problems with fpse, but still, if the files loaded through sony's emulator work as nicely as the included crash bandicoot game does it can only be a good thing
smile.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is absolutely great news along with the R800x's (verizon xperia play's) bootloader getting cracked

and it's not really POPSLoader, it's just Sony's emulator being modified to play any ISO we want (as opposed to a 3rd party emulator like FPse)

BortzANATOR said:
Dood the Experia is so cool. I ALOMST regret not getting one.
It's the Xperia (Play), just like all of Sony Ericcson's other Xperia phones have been for at least a year now.

QUOTE(TehSkull @ Aug 9 2011, 09:23 PM) Any chance of this being migrated to other Androids? If this would work better than PSX4Droid or FPSe on my Inspire, then hell yes.
what yaymii said

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Great news. I have an xperia play. Once i have used 7zip to uncompress zpak and it worked. After that i have tree folders:
Code:
content/data/image.ps
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/data/ps1_rom.bin
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/manual
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/metadata.xml
save/xxxxx/0.raw
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /1.raw
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /metadata.xml
ucc/xxxxxx/metadata.xml
Cannot manage to repack a different iso file in the zpack because image.ps is unknow format.

Here's the metadata.xml in content folder:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂSony Computer Entertainment Europe
ÂÂÂÂNaughty Dog
ÂÂÂÂCrash Bandicoot®
ÂÂÂÂcom.sony.playstation.NCEA00344_1
ÂÂÂÂTake a spin down memory lane with the hyperactive island-hopper Crash Bandicoot! Cross flaming pits, sail rivers and ride the wild piggy as you battle all manner of antipodean beasties and militant marsupials.
ÂÂÂÂNOÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/assets/default/bitmaps/icon.png
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
the one inside save folder:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂNaughty Dog
ÂÂÂÂPS1_SaveData
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.97.0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0.0
ÂÂÂÂ
the one in ucc folder:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂNaughty Dog
ÂÂÂÂPS1 Settings
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0.97.0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1.0.0
ÂÂÂÂ

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awesome PlayStation on the go, now on this after the PSP

Only 2 known handheld known to man to do it full speed, thx to Sony with its own POPS getting hacked lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up