Polymega - Hands on!

ital

OP
Trophies
XP

Looking pretty decent for an emubox. Any reason why one should pick this over a Shield TV? Speaking of which does anyone on here have a modded Shield TV? It seems to be the go to for modern emu boxes?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love a Jaguar solution since Emulation sucks Jag and JagCD.

From what Lantus said in video it sounds like it a x86 low profile HTPC I am guessing Intel Dual Core with Intel HD Graphics like he mentioned.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
What part of "they have embraced emulation over FPGAs" didnt you read?

This is literally emulation for stupid people, in a big plastic form factor.

Now, how much would you pay?

Testimonials from youtubers with 80 IQ? So much wow. Nifty interface design with thumbnails violating image copyrights? Sure - as long as someone can say "most easy" as part of a box label again.

But 80 IQ youtuber has to be critical as well - so he goes with "word of mouth was, that genesis sound emulation wasnt perfect".

When will people realize, that its so much easier to scam them out of desposable income, than for them to have to grow a brain. Direct correlation. Entire companies are built on that. Now the emulation world has one of their own.

Also there is this strange correlation, that people intelligent enough to learn low level emulation and chip design - hardly ever need to work for halfbaked companies - going for the emulation money. Of course - it would be great for many to make their hobby their job - but oddly good emulation - and open source, kind of have been a good fit - because people didnt have to look at it as a business. I've always liked that part of the scenes sensibilities.

Last edited by notimp,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@notimp What are you on about he asking would this be a decent option for an Emulation Box and Lantus is a respected Youtuber and needless to say wrote and worked on many of the Emulators on XBOX.

SURREAL64 Ring a bell?

And if you were referring to me I know well enough of Hardware assisted Low Level Emulation FPGA Jaguar and JagCD would be insane to achieve but possible at a cost.

I was just saying because the price of the original Hardware alone is expensive so may aswell go for this if it was made.

Like I mentioned above estimated Specs so it not my cup of tea it is just a PC.

DC. PS2. PS3. Wii. WiiU. XBOX. XBOX360. PS3. Only real Consoles you need due to Emulators and Backwards Compatibility layers for previous generations of respected Platforms.

Ultimate is a PC.
Shield is the best via Android TVBox type.

You can also pay for overpriced Switch if exploit is possible.

They are all at it now Mini this and Classic that HTPC or PC all the way.

PC has been doing it all OpenSource before these Corporations started that includes Streaming Services via Videos or Music or Gaming.

Now hit the music.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: ital

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Didnt look into this in detail. Just saw the video. Saw the huge stacks of addon boxes. Saw the "its premium emulation" business model. Saw the youtuber that purchased one, because its "this good emulation". Saw him being pseudo critical of the Genesis emualtion, in an age where literally everyone could use Genesis Plus GX on a 25 USD device with two good controllers bundled in, and be happy with the results, saw them using custom crafted coverart - probably without a license. And had enough.

Everything about this screams "Could I interest you in a HiFi speaker system?" Business model. Targeting people that are not the brightest, but have disposable income. The youtuber marketing comes for free.

Still can be wrong, but where? But how? They licensed emulation, so they could sell it? Most of it is free to use for non commercial use. Not saying that its always supposed to be that way - bus saying, that its another "I bet we could make this work as a business model" out of something that is free as in GNU.

And because you want to sell it at a larger price point - better make those addon plastic boxes huge. And black.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: CORE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol