Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having had the opportunity to try the Switch today I have to say that I'm pleasantly satisfied with it. Not so much with the Joy-Cons but thankfully the Pro Controller exists. For the sake of comparison, the Wii U GamePad had a much better and real D-PAD, buttons, shoulder buttons and digital triggers properly done whereas the Switch Tablet's Joy-Con are miniatures compared to it.

The Joy-Cons don't even have an actual D-PAD. The analogue stick is crap.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't. Just don't like some things about the Switch and how Nintendo is handling, but to counter that, they made other options so we're not totally forced to use that and that only. It's not like the Wii U GamePad taking the console as 'hostage.'

I meant in general, there's a lot of negativity surrounding it, I wish people would at least give it a shot in person before assuming or hoping for Nintendo to fail at this as well. Is that too much to ask of people?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dude man, nothing against you, but i read alot of negativity towards Nintendo from you.

i am not a fanboy of any console, i love gaming and i buy the consoles that have the games i want to play, the Wii U flopped and you still have one or maybe more than one correct?

it flopped but i love the games that were out for it, do i regret shelling out the 460$ on the mario3d land deluxe edition (+ SSB4/MK8 Bundled) ? Heck NO, i love the console, the Wii U is good , surely no where near as good as a PS4 or a Xbone, but it still does have its game that plenty of people enjoy.

the Switch sure no way near as good as a ps4/xbone with the tech direction thingie, but it will have neat games, the screen of the switch (720p) yes even smartphone nowadays have 2k/4k displays.

but the Switch Screen at 720p will look sharp and good enough, it will all come down to the games for the Switch and the 3rd party support stuff.

i hope it will do well, and i am certain that you do NOT dislike Nintendo, i am sure you too want it the Switch to succeed.

You think I'm bad against Nintendo?
I'm probably one of the most kind hearted ones.

I agree, I've had a lot of fun with the few Wii games and select couple of Wii U games, but face it.
Nintendo isn't what it used to be back in the 90's/early 00's.
Only hardcore ninty fanboys will defend it to the bitter end.

I love games, don't care what platform they are on.
But when it comes to multiplat, the ports for Nintendo just lack severely.
A console just can't rely on first party titles alone...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I meant in general, there's a lot of negativity surrounding it, I wish people would at least give it a shot in person before assuming or hoping for Nintendo to fail at this as well. Is that too much to ask of people?
That is a problem, a lot of negativity without trying it first and so after having the chance, their complain would be entirely valid.

I can't wait to play Zelda on the Switch and that's probably the only game I'll be buying at launch because the rest look unappealing to me. Damn shame Mario Odyssey isn't a launch title. :(

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at full RRP is a ripoff and so is 1-2 Switch. 1-2 Switch is at best a tech-demo with playable games and should be included with every Switch console.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a problem, a lot of negativity without trying it first and so after having the chance, their complain would be entirely valid.

I can't wait to play Zelda on the Switch and that's probably the only game I'll be buying at launch because the rest look unappealing to me. Damn shame Mario Odyssey isn't a launch title. :(

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at full RRP is a ripoff and so is 1-2 Switch. 1-2 Switch is at best a tech-demo with playable games and should be included with every Switch console.

Why I'm getting Zelda and no other game at launch, as it seems to have the most appeal; 1-2 Switch looks boring, MK8 is merely an update port with more characters, all DLC and a proper battle mode.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Presentation, not so good, things are missing. Also, they should test and do more on battery life. i thought 2 joycons will give aditional power to controllers to last longer but i guess not..maybe some hack in future...

But im not gonna lie, im werry impressed, but it feels cold and empty a little, also no GAMES, thats big! great hardware, just recycled titles, sequels etc... But my personal biggest turn off is that there is no Metroid game again! I mean im talking about this presentation..also it looks so well thought out, not spontanious and i can see reggie at the end of video reading text behind the camera xD
Idk, steve jobs seems more convincing and personal, this is strange... also WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE AT PRESENTATION!? and FIFA????!! jesus....

ikral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll probably get WiiU for Zelda and Mario Kart 8 as well as other titles and homebrew and Switch down the road when I finish all I can on WiiU and 3DS. No hurry for me, Switch looks very interesting but I have too many consoles already some of which I need to sell to make room in my Apartment.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'll probably get WiiU for Zelda and Mario Kart 8 as well as other titles and homebrew and Switch down the road when I finish all I can on WiiU and 3DS. No hurry for me, Switch looks very interesting but I have too many consoles already some of which I need to sell to make room in my Apartment.
Zelda? Breath of the Wild?

BotW looks a bit weird on WiiU with green tint making Link look like a hybrid of an elf and a frog.

Reactions: MontyQ

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Zelda? Breath of the Wild?

BotW looks a bit weird on WiiU with green tint making Link look like a hybrid of an elf and a frog.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was fabricated like they do in telly stores.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii was easily exploitable.
Wii U had Nintendo's Ninjas eying down it's users.
3DS was a big part of Nintendo's bug bounty thing. (I think that's legit, never looked into it)
The Pokemon S&M incident really put them on their toes.

The Switch is gonna have suuuuch tight security. Exploiting that will have to be like cutting through a durian with a butter knife.
And I'm certain that if anyone tries breaking any rules, the ninjas will be knocking on your door. xD

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It could be worse.
1-2 Switch could be the only launch title.
And if there were Switch fanboys and the Switch were to only have one launch game they would say "At least it has one game." not realising how idiotic they'd sound. lol

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It could be worse.
1-2 Switch could be the only launch title.

And if there were Switch fanboys and the Switch were to only have one launch game they would say "At least it has one game." not realising how idiotic they'd sound. lol

But you can milk cows in it :rofl2:, clearly the best launch title.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one cares what games used to cost or what they would cost adjusted for todays prices.

The switch & it's games are too expensive for the market it's competing in today.

Switch £280. PS4 1TB=£220

Switch games £49.99-£59.99. Average ps4 game, £39.99, unless you shop at GAME, in which case it's your first born child for a game.

but your comparing a 4 years old tech that not fair for Nintendo, Nintendo is brand new it should never be compared to other console at it point price . Nintendo will eventually drop it in price someday like the ps4 and xb1 did..... when the Scorpio is gonna release don't expect a 299$ console the ps4 pro is new tech revised and was 575$ here in Canada 450 $ for a new console brand new with new hardware that is not on market as today is very appealing please stop with the comparing please...i mean Nintendo is not sony or xb1 ... they always bring different console unlike ps2-3-4 that look very similar all together and ps4 and xb1 that use the same tech?just wtf is the point of comparing Nintendo with those too bastards...The switch is the ultimate console!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but your comparing a 4 years old tech that not fair for Nintendo, Nintendo is brand new it should never be compared to other console at it point price . Nintendo will eventually drop it in price someday like the ps4 and xb1 did..... when the Scorpio is gonna release don't expect a 299$ console the ps4 pro is new tech revised and was 575$ here in Canada 450 $ for a new console brand new with new hardware that is not on market as today is very appealing please stop with the comparing please...i mean Nintendo is not sony or xb1 ... they always bring different console unlike ps2-3-4 that look very similar all together and ps4 and xb1 that use the same tech?just wtf is the point of comparing Nintendo with those too bastards...The switch is the ultimate console!

aww it's not fair to Nintendo.

Unfortunately for Nintendo, whether or not the other consoles are years old or not, they are competing in the same marketplace. Fair has nothing to do with it, that's the reality.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine. People will look at the ps4 with it's massive back catalogue and huge 3rd party support for far cheaper, but decide to buy the switch instead, for a higher cost, with a small library and questionable 3rd party support, in the interests of being "fair" to Nintendo :rofl2:

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aww it's not fair to Nintendo.

Unfortunately for Nintendo, whether or not the other consoles are years old or not, they are competing in the same marketplace. Fair has nothing to do with it, that's the reality.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine. People will look at the ps4 with it's massive back catalogue and huge 3rd party support for far cheaper, but decide to buy the switch instead, for a higher cost, with a small library and questionable 3rd party support, in the interests of being "fair" to Nintendo :rofl2:

well so it is ok if i compare your ps4 with a nvidia 1080gtx then?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well so it is ok if i compare your ps4 with a nvidia 1080gtx then?

Oh yeah, my bad. I totally forgot that high end pc hardware is competing in the same marketplace as the consoles and competing for the same shelf space at retail.

Completely the same situation.

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, my bad. I totally forgot that high end pc hardware is competing in the same marketplace as the consoles and competing for the same shelf space at retail.

Completely the same situation.

not really it was a mere comparison but ps4 and xb1 is 4 years old compare it with wii u but that it.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't matter if they are years old, those are the current consoles on the market and what the switch will be competing with.

You can't just stick your fingers in your ears and ignore the ps4 & xbone exist and will be competing for the same space as the switch just because you deem it not fair because they are older.

You compete in the marketplace as whole. Just like when the ps4/xbone launched, they were competing with the xbox 360 & ps3 for consumers cash, except unlike Nintendo, PS4 & Xbone actually offered a compelling reason to go for them.

What a fantastic strategy for getting sales. Don't worry about the other stuff competing in the same market for the same sales, people will ignore them because they are older :rofl2:. With that sort of thinking, how can the switch possible fail.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: DrkBeam
Trophies
XP
Country
France
People shitting on the Switch even before its launch just upsets me. I feel like they excepted a Switch with the power of a Falcon Nothwest Mach V with three Nvidia Titan X GPUs, a 6 inch 4K HDR screen, of course 8K when docked, 100 third-party titles at launch, a free Pro Controller included, and, why not, 3 free games, JoyCons that read your mind and all of that at a launch price of $75. Come on guys. Just stick with your amazing PS4/XBox One premium PC ripoffs and your fake-4K@15fps PS4 Pro, and your amazing variety of titles and play styles: Call of Duty, Call of Duty, CoD, CoD, Assassin's Creed and of course I forgot Fifa.

On a more serious note, Ninty just made a galactic flop with the Wii U. Honestly the Switch is far above what I could've expected if they did the salme errors. Oh, and how do you already know the processing power of the Switch? Oh, wait. You don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: