(poll) Which console has the most retarded name?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Taleweaver, Jul 21, 2013.

?

Which console has the most retarded name?

1. Wiiu. Or is it wii u? In any case: the nintendo one

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Ouya. Tarzan could do the commercials on this console

18 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. Xbox one. Because how else would you name your THIRD console?

36 vote(s)
    45.6%
  4. PS4. Check out the originality on THOSE guys!

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Hah! I know a MUCH MORE stupid console name. It is the ...<please explain>

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Taleweaver
    OP

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Yeah, I'm bored. But at the same time, I'm amazed nobody else threw up this poll already. Basically: which is the most retarded console name of the upcoming generation?

And as much as I hate to admit it: there are actually multiple strong candidates for this category. :(

2. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    Oh I'm pretty torn between Ouya, Xboned, & Wii U. At least Wii U sorta makes sense since it is a modified Wii, but it just sounds dumb. Kinda like NES & SNES. Xbox One's name wouldn't be so stupid if it was actually the first Xbox.

Nvm, it's Ouya

3. Slamicite

Slamicite Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2013
    N.E.O. Neo New York
    There have been many really awful names recently, but the Xbox One still wins by a large margin. The name confuses not only probable purchasers, but also makes a mess when you're trying to refer to the first Xbox. It doesn't sound good, either. "One" is an incredibly cheesy attempt to follow the minimalist trend that's been around lately. And "Xbox" was already cheesy in the first place.
    The 'Wii U' name does a superb job of making people NOT buy the product, but it still hurts itself less than the One, making it almost OK by the low standards of names in recent consoles.
    Ouya is stupid. It's on the same level as "Zeebo". But the competition makes it look decent.
    PS4 is unoriginal and much like having no name, but compared to what else is out there, it's awesome.

More people should name their consoles like "Wonderswan" or "Dreamcast".

Rydian likes this.
  4. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Wii U. Dumbest name Nintendo ever came up with.

5. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I'd say the Xbox One since that it's not the first console of Microsoft, and they're pretty much cancelling out their previous consoles. What's next - Xbox Two in another 8 years? LOL

6. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    First I thought Wii U was stupid, because it confuses people thinking it's an add-on to the Wii etc. I don't like the Ouya name, but I don't consider it a real console either.

But now, I think Xbox ONE is the worst name. Because it isn't the first console, so "one" is.... bad. If it was called just "one" and not "xbox one" it would have been better. Then the all-in-ONE thing would work better. Microsoft ONE.

Duo8 likes this.
  7. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You're gonna have to think back before the turn of the millenium to find stupid names.
    Maybe Wikipedia would help too.

I vote for the Japan-only FM Towns Marty, released in 1991.

8. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    The SAM Coupé is my pick as the most stupid sounding console. Imagine that in a conversation...

9. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    WiiMini

10. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    The Super Nintendo didn't have a cape, and therefore was not super. See Superman and the fact that he has a cape for details.

But seriously, none of the consoles these days have a decent name. Nintendo have named their consoles after bodily functions, Xbox I can only assume has an 'x' in it in a failed attempt to sound 'cool', Playstation is just numbered iterations these days. Whatever happened to naming your consoles after fierce creatures and the like? OK, the Jaguar may have sucked ass, but it had a decent name at least.

11. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Yeah but Mario did

[​IMG]

12. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK

Hence why it's SUPER Mario Brothers.

I'm gonna go model a cape onto my SNES.

13. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Well DC Comics probably would of sued Nintendo :rofl:

14. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    Sony keeps it clean and simple. It is between Wii U and Xbox One. Wii U sounds like an ambulance(wiiuwiiuwiiuwwiu) and i think it is the most stupid name ever. Xbox One is also stupid, but atleast they are honest and it makes kinda sense(they took 359 steps backwards afterall).

15. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    That reminds me of....

16. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    I forgot to mention Ouya. Well what did you expect, it is an android device. They are the masters of creating random and cheesy names. Gamestick, HTC One, MyTouch 4G, Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch, etc. Even Sony wants to join in with PS Vita.

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Definitely the Wii U. The XBox One is a stupid name at first but you quickly get used to calling it that and it just kind of sounds right. Wii U is going to sound weird for the console's entire life span, just like the Wii. It got easier later on when everyone knew what it was, but it still sounded weird.

18. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I love Nintendo Gameboys, but I have to say the Gameboy Pocket. I could never fit the damn thing in my pocket because it was too big XD

19. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Wii U is quite retarded.
    Xbone got my vote because its just extremely stupid and can be shorted to that fun little word.
    PS4 is meh. Sony probably has the best naming system. No point with fancy names if you're going to fuck it up like the other two morons.
    Ouya is fine. I dunno why anyone would actually dislike it. Nothin' really wrong with it.

20. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Gameboy. It is most definitely not a boy.

I hate it when I Nintendo 64 and I end up Super Nintendo Entertainment Systeming all over the place. Don't even get my started on when I roll over at night just to GameCube.

EZ-Megaman and Sterling like this.