Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't get scammer calls too often, mostly because my phone is setup to super restrictive on who can call me. My wife gets them every so often and she lets me deal with them. The last one she got was the "Calling you from Windows" scam. I lead this dude on for nearly 10 minutes, completely wasting his time. It's funny because he asked me what I saw on my laptop screen and I literally said, "MacOS" and he kept trying the scam anyways, lol

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly they've switched to automated.

But yeah, I loved to mess around with the car crash scammers who used to call, like the time I told them I got hit by a blue shell.

Strangely I stopped getting calls for a while when I told them I was in a non-existent deadly accident, she seemed genuinely distressed.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have found a sure-fire way to get off of the sucker lists, I went from 3 calls a day down to 1 every couple of months and the answer is simple :

Be as abusive as possible. Example :

" Hi, we've heard you have been involved in a car accident is that right? "
" Have I? it's fucking news to me you scum-sucking pile of putrid shit. How'm I doing ? did I die?"

It's amazing how quickly you'll get a reputation and get blacklisted :D

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
I have found a sure-fire way to get off of the sucker lists, I went from 3 calls a day down to 1 every couple of months and the answer is simple :

Be as abusive as possible. Example :

" Hi, we've heard you have been involved in a car accident is that right? "
" Have I? it's fucking news to me you scum-sucking pile of putrid shit. How'm I doing ? did I die?"

It's amazing how quickly you'll get a reputation and get blacklisted :D
Haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hand the phone to the 3 year old.
Just pick cum

Reactions: slaphappygamer

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always pull the "Seinfield" trick...Say I'm busy at the moment but ask for they're personal phone number so I can call them back later, and they always say, "I'm sorry I don't want to be bothered by people on my personal phone." and I respond. "Now you know how I feel." and I hang up! :lol:

Last edited by BigOnYa,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Scammers… Grrrrrrr!
They seem to mostly target English speaking countries so it's less a problem here.

I wouldn't have the nerves to play stupid and let them connect to a dummy computer (they check for VMs if they suspect being baited – so you gotta prepare the VM accordingly or use a real computer you can restore a system image afterwards). Kudos to the scam-baiters who waste hours of these scammers! Scam baiting videos can be used to educate people, especially older people that might fall for the tech support scam or the refund scam.

My mum got two of these calls when visiting my grandma (means grandma was the target… but she can't speak English which is a good thing in this context). My mum, not willing to waste the scammer's time (would be her own time as well), did the only thing that she could that moment and told the scammers (who claimed to be Microsoft having found viruses on the computer): "No computer in this house." Which is true by the way.
Seems grandma's number got blacklisted this way. Never happened again.

That said, if I got such a call I would probably scream: "Yes!! I always wanted to be called by a tech-support scammer! Finally!" or say something like Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You don't want to scam people anymore. You want to go home and rethink your life."

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back