Homebrew [Poll] Help MarcusD Decide What To Port Next!

What should @MarcusD work on next?

• Total voters

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Perhaps you could make a separate thread for this?

Well, since these are just questions, I don't want to make a separate thread for it to avoid hype, and possibly goatway breaking the 'Temp for a whole day (most 'Tempers should remember :P)

WHENS SANIC! :creep:

Sorry, I scrapped the idea of porting Open Sanic :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do it yourself, marcus has enough on her plate already

691bbf2db1.png

Edit: I see you accidently mistyped :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since these are just questions, I don't want to make a separate thread for it to avoid hype, and possibly goatway breaking the 'Temp for a whole day (most 'Tempers should remember :P)

Sorry, I scrapped the idea of porting Open Sanic :(
Is okay, don't worry about it. I didn't expect it to be done to be honest. Looks like a lot of work.
Any other ideas you decided not to do? Just so i know what not to look for. :)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I wrote my yiff simulator in F- instead of C, is it eligible for a port? :rofl2:

I said C++, not plain C :P

Is it sad the only thing i recognize is emulator? :P

Well least i don't think super mario war falls under that category :unsure:

Well, Mario War is different, since it's so simple, that I could even do 2 things:
  • it's so simple, that I could recreate it from scratch
  • make it as a mod to be used in MM (but this isn't going to happen, since Lua mods have no write access to the levels, so it would be kinda impossible)

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said C++, not plain C :P

Well, Mario War is different, since it's so simple, that I could even do 2 things:
  • it's so simple, that I could recreate it from scratch
  • make it as a mod to be used in MM (but this isn't going to happen, since Lua mods have no write access to the levels, so it would be kinda impossible)
Making it from scratch wouldn't really be simple at all... Given, the newest release has a lot of features, stages, items, and the like.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yes, those are resource packs.

There are gonna be 3 types of resoospacks:
  • Assets:
    They change graphics and sound effects, but don't affect the gameplay in any way (unless someone fucks up the player's texture size, since collision is texture-relative :P)
  • Mods:
    Can contain assets, but also contains code modifications, and new added stuff that requires to be coded
  • Levels:
    Levels can contain assets and mods for their needs, but they obviously also contain the level itself :P
Oh okay, thanks for the detailed info! :)
So, what are you currently considering porting? Um..Mario Maker or somethin' else? :)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh okay, thanks for the detailed info! :)
So, what are you currently considering porting? Um..Mario Maker or somethin' else? :)

I'm recreating (porting requires sooscode) Mario Maker :P Currently I need to rewrite it for C++, since it's hard to desing this in plain C, because it's uneffective, and broken.
In the current state of the sooscode, I can't add new functions, nor can I fix the collision engine, so I'm "doomed" to rewriting it. But don't worry, the none-engine stuff are perfectly working, those don't need to be rewritten, saving a SHITTON of time! Even tho' the game would be usable if the collision detection weren't buggy, I need to rewrite it to be able to integrate new functions (and thanks to C++'s OOP, it'll be MUCH easier to do). And since C# has stuff from C++ that are kinda similar, I can reuse some stuff from my ancient MonoGame(multiplatform XNA)-powered game :P

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm recreating (porting requires sooscode) Mario Maker :P Currently I need to rewrite it for C++, since it's hard to desing this in plain C, because it's uneffective, and broken.
In the current state of the sooscode, I can't add new functions, nor can I fix the collision engine, so I'm "doomed" to rewriting it. But don't worry, the none-engine stuff are perfectly working, those don't need to be rewritten, saving a SHITTON of time! Even tho' the game would be usable if the collision detection weren't buggy, I need to rewrite it to be able to integrate new functions (and thanks to C++'s OOP, it'll be MUCH easier to do). And since C# has stuff from C++ that are kinda similar, I can reuse some stuff from my ancient MonoGame(multiplatform XNA)-powered game :P
Yay!!!! Mario Maker on 3ds! :D Its awesome man, thank you sooooo much for doing it! :) Why don't ya create a thread about it so that this can get some love?
Also, on which game will it be based, SMW, original Super Mario Bros or on some other game? :D

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yay!!!! Mario Maker on 3ds! :D Its awesome man, thank you sooooo much for doing it! :) Why don't ya create a thread about it so that this can get some love?
Also, on which game will it be based, SMW, original Super Mario Bros or on some other game? :D

I'm not creating a thread to avoid hype :blink: I don't want a JustPingo incident again :sad:

Also, it's not based off any game :P I wrote/I'm writing everything from scratch :P The games is gonna have texturepacks, but that's it :P
If I would *really* need to guess what engine it is based on, I would say an original Super Mario and SMW hybrid with some NSMBU-exclusive blocks. Nothing fancy :P

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm not creating a thread to avoid hype :blink: I don't want a JustPingo incident again :sad:

Also, it's not based off any game :P I wrote/I'm writing everything from scratch :P The games is gonna have texturepacks, but that's it :P
If I would *really* need to guess what engine it is based on, I would say an original Super Mario and SMW hybrid with some NSMBU-exclusive blocks. Nothing fancy :P
Okay, thanks! :D That did gave a ton of info! :) When can we expect a beta/alpha release, an estimate would be awesome? :D
Also, what happened with JustPingo? xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality