Hardware [POLL] Have You Booted Into RCM?

Have You Booted Into RCM?

• yes

Votes: 103 65.2%
  • no

Votes: 55 34.8%

• Total voters

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious to see how many of you tempers have already booted into RCM... doesnt matter why... i havent touched my switch for a couple months

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course, I just had to try at least booting it. That said I've only used the original FG payload that shows a bunch of information, nothing else. I am still not interested enough to involve myself in it, the current state of affairs is just too green/buggy and requires more time/effort than what I am willing to put into it.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, I just had to try at least booting it. That said I've only used the original FG payload that shows a bunch of information, nothing else. I am still not interested enough to involve myself in it, the current state of affairs is just too green/buggy and requires more time/effort than what I am willing to put into it.

im with you on this one, except i havent booted into rcm yet. maybe if they made an easier way to backup and restore the NAND first

Daleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, of course I have.

Emulators, backups and save editors are what I use it for. It's a massive improvement on the normal switch console.
Just do it!

Daleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SX OS is releasing soon, which will have backup support right from the bat. This is loading games from Backups btw, not a console backup.

Just now, we can take a nand backup of your console, and restore from it if need be. This can also be used to downgrade firmware if you require.

Daleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only in the rare case of a FW update that didn't blow eFuses. That is quite rare and sure if there are "stability improvements" they will blow eFuses.
Yeah of course, but 5.1.0 > 5.0.2 is possible, which is still a decent version bump that we can revert.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS is releasing soon, which will have backup support right from the bat. This is loading games from Backups btw, not a console backup.

Just now, we can take a nand backup of your console, and restore from it if need be. This can also be used to downgrade firmware if you require.

only bigbluebox has the secret to dumping right?

Daleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
only bigbluebox has the secret to dumping right?
SX OS is the only way at the minute that we can play games from backups, there's nothing been released publicly for free yet.
Hekate the CFW can be used to take a raw dump, to be used for backups.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah just the test payload and for a nand backup so far. Getting more of an itch to try homebrew, but I've still got some games on the go keeping me busy so I might keep waiting for Atmosphere release.

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did:
- Wire jig
- Hekate
- NAND backup
- ExFat support NAND inject
- AutoRCM test - finally AutoRCM off (battery drain, fear of desync and so on...)

No CFW
No HBL

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can load up hekate and grab a NAND backup without any files needing added to the SD card which is nice. That's as far as I've gone on my consoles.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Dumped my Nand (5.1) and installed AutoRCM. Staying on Hekate until I see major issues or SX comes. Whichever is first. My Switch doesn't leave my home and won't be for a while, so AutoRCM doesn't bother me much. Saves on the paperclip struggle. I've rebooted my console at least 30 times in the past few days. :x

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
No, everything is still up in the air and I'm undecided on whether I'm going to hack or not.

I've considered upgrading since it's a bootrom exploit but the theorised advantages of staying on 2.x (2.3?) has held me back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...