• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it have good adblock, script blocking and web debugging, via plugins is fine? If so then I will probably be able to use it. Time was I would have wanted a download helping program for video sites, or possibly something like greasemonkey and associated scripts, but http://www.videograbby.com/ is doing well for me at this point and youtube comments don't load by default so I never have to see them.

Practically it means something firefox based (pale moon is doing what needs doing on the main machine) as I have not found a suitable replacement for adblock, noscript and firebug.

Reactions: Nightwish

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Chrome, because it feels like the fastest browser to me. I used to use Mozilla Firefox from time to time, but not anymore.

Reactions: Raylight

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly torn between Chrome and Waterfox (an obvious mozilla clone).
Waterfox does almost everything I want perfectly, but seems to have problems with twitch.tv even with addons/extensions.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm honestly torn between Chrome and Waterfox (an obvious mozilla clone).
Waterfox does almost everything I want perfectly, but seems to have problems with twitch.tv even with addons/extensions.
Waterfox isn't a clone, it's a fork. There are many Firefox forks, mainly intended to get around the non-free Mozilla branding.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ahh right, I had never heard the term 'fork' until now. Thanks for the enlightenment! :)
Probably a good idea to learn the term because forks are extremely common in homebrew development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_(software_development)

The difference between a fork and a clone is that 'clone' implies some kind of illegitmate attempt to copy the work of others, whereas a fork is a completely legitimate derivative based on the same source code.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Google Chrome, because it feels like the fastest browser to me. I used to use Mozilla Firefox from time to time, but not anymore.
Try the Fasterfox addon and set it to the Ultra setting, it speeds up Firefox a lot.
Im More Of A Firefox Guy.
You forgot Edge. I haven't used it but I hear it's actually pretty good.
I used Firefox for a long time, switched to Chrome for a while then back to Firefox when I realized how much of a RAM hog Chrome was (also, I missed my addons)

Justin14p

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Probably a good idea to learn the term because forks are extremely common in homebrew development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_(software_development)

The difference between a fork and a clone is that 'clone' implies some kind of illegitmate attempt to copy the work of others, whereas a fork is a completely legitimate derivative based on the same source code.
So this is just a legit program with copied source code?

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night