Hacking Question [Poll] Do you want the Nintendo Switch hacked, No or Yes?

Do you want the Nintendo Switch hacked?

• No

Votes: 114 20.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 443 79.4%

• Total voters

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@jt_1258:ffs,the wiiu was 4y old when the hack was available,the switch 3 months.
what i mean is that wiiu killed itselfs because of bad advertising of nintendo and no third party support.
now with the switch we have maybe third party support,and after 3months it must be hacked.
what you think whats gona happen,devs leave the switch and again wiiu situation with no games,except from nintendo.

Kev63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course it should be hacked, like the PSP in the past. So many devices were sold thanks to the hack, thus developers supported a lot the platform and many AAA games came out (GTA for example). If only it could be the same on Switch, I already purchased 11 games (4 carts, 7 digitals) and will keep buying games on it even if we have access to free games in the future. That's the main reason I bought a second Switch to my retailer, one for legit games, another one for a possible hack in the future. Do you imagine emulation on this marvelous device? I can't wait!

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jt_1258:ffs,the wiiu was 4y old when the hack was available,the switch 3 months.
what i mean is that wiiu killed itselfs because of bad advertising of nintendo and no third party support.
now with the switch we have maybe third party support,and after 3months it must be hacked.
what you think whats gona happen,devs leave the switch and again wiiu situation with no games,except from nintendo.
did I say I want it now, no. perhaps a year or 2 in would be nice. besides, we still don't have an exploit that could be used for code exacution yet, which is needed to run homebrew, and the folks working on exploits right now tend to hold off on anouncing exploits to/for everybody not in the circle of folks working on hacking it till either a, it was just patched, or b, there is a whole lot of versions behind us leaving a large amount of versions the hack could work on and we haven't had an exploit in ages. so chill, we have some time to wait, in the mean time, have a soon(tm) ;)

ZachSZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually, the only thing I look forward to is piracy, but emulation is a strong second this time. The thought of having a portable N64 machine sounds so good to me.

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
The success of the Wii will not be repeated.
Times have changed.

There are alot of great titles that haven't seen a Nintendo console in many moons.

Strong console sales and a stable non-hacked platform will bring more and more third party apps.

The original wii would have had those games, were it not a full generation behind. My point is that the wii didn't go without 3rd party games because it was hacked. The 360 was this "non-hacked platform will bring more and more third party apps"? hahaha....360 got all 3rd party games. Hacked does not = no 3rd party games

n1c0k3n

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes
I'm not even interested in playing backups.
All i want is a handheld that can play street fighter 3 3rd strike smoothly.
If sf3.3 had a chance to be released officially, i wouldn't mind if the switch was hacked or not.

gondrup

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I want file system access so I can back up my saved games rather than risk losing them all if the Switch dies.

PotatisKnug

Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi Tempers,

This is a simple question to be answered by yourselves and I am very interested what the outcome would be within this community, whether you want the Nintendo Switch hacked or not.

I don't want this thread to turn into any sort of flaming war so please, none of that just a simple answer, No or Yes. I do realize there is a lot of talk floating around at the moment about a "kernel" entry/dump already but no one has access to it yet and no one knows for sure it even exists, anyway for all we know it could be just a lot of propaganda talk. So I just want a factual answer before anything like this may blow up for real to the end user!

Also I want as many users to vote on this as possible. You don't have to make a comment below if you don't want too, that's totally up to you. You can do, you may want to write down your reasons as to why?

Edit: lets not have a war over back up/piracy issues here, if you want it hacked for back up/piracy purposes then say so there is no need to be ashamed of that or if not then just pop your vote in. This is an open free poll, say it how it is and I want to know what mainly interests you, if you want this console hacked or not.
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it should never get hacked.

You can't prevent anything from hacked. Anything is hackable but depending on when. Remember, hacked consoles will make many retails consoles sold better for Nintendo's profits. Look at PS3.. Sony got profits thanks to jailbreak PS3. Now it goes to PS vita as well.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes and no. Homebrew and emulation would be great however it really sucks when a games' online is ruined by cheaters. Hopefully the new main series Pokemon game they're working on has a good way of detecting save & memory editing and then banning users that take that stuff online.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SomeKindOfUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region locking is no longer a problem and fail0verflow said everything that needs to be said about homebrew.
So that leaves emulators as the main reason to want a hack that isn't piracy related (even if emulators require pirated ROMs). Ignoring that there are an abundant ways to play decades old games already, the Switch would be a pretty sweet emulation machine.

At the risk of sounding like a corporate dog it just doesn't seem worth it.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buh pirates kill muh console....
....apart from Dragon Quest XI shifting over 1million units in 2 days on 3DS but we'll just ignore that one cos it doesn't prove our point...

Reactions: Tsubakiandou

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no. Homebrew and emulation would be great however it really sucks when a games' online is ruined by cheaters. Hopefully the new main series Pokemon game they're working on has a good way of detecting save & memory editing and then banning users that take that stuff online.
tbh, I don't care if someone does single player cheating, your save is your save, but when you start to effect others it becomes an issue

Reactions: NekoMichi and fadx

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Piracy yes, at least for DLCs and if possible 3DS Emulation with Online Support :o>

And with Infos to come about 3.0 Entry Point we can be very Happy :D

Last edited by ehnoah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol