Gaming [Poll] 3DS System Software Versions

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,250
  • Replies 28

Which 3DS System Software version are you on?

• 4.0.0-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.0.0-5

• 2.2.0-X (SM3DL/MK7 Obligatory Update)

• 2.1.0-4

• 2.0.0-2

• 1.1.0-1

• 1.1.0-0 ( OoT/Pilotwings Obligatory Update)

• Total voters

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Always the most recent because there's no reason not to.
Well, for instance, a precaution against more difficult to softmod (or maybe an anticipation) of a situation like 4.2 wii's bannerbomb and 4.3's needing-to-buy-an-actual-game until Letterbomb came out. That was my thinking until I updated to 4.3.01 on the 3DS.
Why would this matter if no known exploit exists yet?
In case an exploit WAS found on an old firmware?

And what if someone finds an exploit on 4.3.0-10 that wasn't there in prior versions, Nintendo patch it quickly and when you go to update you end up on 4.3.0-11?
That's implying Nintendo knew about an exploit before the people who found it. When has this ever happened other then when the hackers got in contact with the company directly?? (Microsoft and JTAG/SMC)

No it isn't. Somone finds an exploit, you're busy or away or whatever, and by the time you check GBAtemp Nintendo have patched it. Then you either stay on your old firmware, which the exploit may not be present in, or update to the newst where it's patched.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Always the most recent because there's no reason not to.
Well, for instance, a precaution against more difficult to softmod (or maybe an anticipation) of a situation like 4.2 wii's bannerbomb and 4.3's needing-to-buy-an-actual-game until Letterbomb came out. That was my thinking until I updated to 4.3.01 on the 3DS.
Why would this matter if no known exploit exists yet?
In case an exploit WAS found on an old firmware?

And what if someone finds an exploit on 4.3.0-10 that wasn't there in prior versions, Nintendo patch it quickly and when you go to update you end up on 4.3.0-11?
That's implying Nintendo knew about an exploit before the people who found it. When has this ever happened other then when the hackers got in contact with the company directly?? (Microsoft and JTAG/SMC)

No it isn't. Somone finds an exploit, you're busy or away or whatever, and by the time you check GBAtemp Nintendo have patched it. Then you either stay on your old firmware, which the exploit may not be present in, or update to the newst where it's patched.
And then you miss out. It's the same as the sudoku hack on DSi, you have to be quick or you don't get it.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users