PokeNavGo - Reveal Pokemon, Anywhere on Earth!

Today GBAtemp brings you an exclusive reveal of the latest in Pokemon Go tracking apps:

PokeNavGO-Announcement.png

PokeNavGo allows a user to scan an area anywhere in the world and reveal where all the closest Pokemon are located, within a map size of up to 2 sq km.
How it works:

“PokeNavGO is stylish and easy to use. Simply find a location on the map, place the marker by pressing & holding, click the Pokeball to start revealing all nearby Pokemon. Once revealed you got to catch em all using the official Pokemon GO app.”
Features:

“PokeNavGo will be constantly updated and extended. Upcoming features will include the ability to filter for certain Pokemon."

Currently released for android 4.3 and above, an iOS version will follow shortly.

Check out the screens below and follow the links for the PokeNavGo Official Site and android download.

PokeNavGO-Install-1.png PokeNavGO-HowItWorks.png PokeNavGO-Install-Splash.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-1.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-2.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-3.png PokeNavGO-Scanning-London-4.png

:arrow:Download PokeNavGo 1.0 .apk
:arrow:PokeNavGo Official Site
:arrow:Facebook
:arrow:Twitter

Note: The functionality of PokeNavGo is dependant on official Pokemon Go servers being online.
Check your region's server status here.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my android phone is too weak to run anything next to pokemon go without closing one or the orther.
If this was on windows phone I might actually have a use for it since I don't see a web version anywhere

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you three absolutely sure these apps are still working? Like, could you test them right now to check? I know that Niantic a while ago basically halted them all.
Well I tested it last night as it is now bundled with Poke++ and they are made by the same people. I can Guarantee you they still work!

PokeNavGO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokenavgo.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I tested it last night as it is now bundled with Poke++ and they are made by the same people. I can Guarantee you they still work!

Whats bundled with Poke++ ?

Pokemesh asks for Google account, but you can give in an alternative one.

This is something we did not want to... Force user to login, create account or anything like that.

PS:

Chances are not so bad that we will release an update very soon that features unlimited scans but Ads.
Without the community and precious feedback it is difficult to achieve exactly what is wanted.

Keep it up friends.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats bundled with Poke++ ?

This is something we did not want to... Force user to login, create account or anything like that.

PS:

Chances are not so bad that we will release an update very soon that features unlimited scans but Ads.
Without the community and precious feedback it is difficult to achieve exactly what is wanted.

Keep it up friends.
Go Radar - Live map for Pokemon go is ^^

PokeNavGO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokenavgo.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Instead, why not try placing a donate button?

Hehe.. ye it is an option. unfortunately also an option that in most cases does not work.
We will take a day off today. Spent like 15hrs on PokeNavGO each and every day for some time.

I like the idea of having ads in the app, instead of paying for unlock.
Everyone would get infinite scans. The purchase button stays as one can use it to disable ads.

Something like that.

How does that sound?

Reactions: T-hug and CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe.. ye it is an option. unfortunately also an option that in most cases does not work.
We will take a day off today. Spent like 15hrs on PokeNavGO each and every day for some time.

I like the idea of having ads in the app, instead of paying for unlock.
Everyone would get infinite scans. The purchase button stays as one can use it to disable ads.

Something like that.

How does that sound?
As long as they're not intrusive ads, that sounds fair enough to me.

Reactions: PokeNavGO

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't like this app's purpose and monetary aspect, but gbatemp is free to put anything they want in it's front page.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On "should use ads rather than paid"... that is a failure in logic on the level we do occasionally see around here but pretty impressive never the less. Or if you prefer go see all those game footage and whatnot agreements that say no ads on the video, page or even website hosting it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/developers/rules

Unless you mean I can block ads but bypassing payment is harder so ads please, in which case *fist bump* but the point about it being silly to say use ads instead still remains for those peeps which made it.

It is certainly on the shady side of computing but *points at what this website has done for the last 15 years*. What goes here I don't know, nor care actually unless it turns into a nice legal or something case for me to read, but there are any number of aggregation, data collation, data interpretation, data mining... services that work off the back of free and paid and whatnot services.

"but cheating"
hahahaha.

Why are you quoting the Microsoft Xbox store rules? lolwut. This is int he android store and later the Apple store which im pretty sure does not have the same rules you quoted from microsoft.....

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I don't like this app's purpose and monetary aspect, but gbatemp is free to put anything they want in it's front page.
thank you, finally someone reasonable. If this had been a sponsored news article we would have said it like we have in the past.
also the news is starting to spread http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/pokenavgo-reveal-pokemon-anywhere-on-earth.41957/
so I guess this isnt completely devoid of interest? I dont know... as I said it seemed news worthy when it was brought to our attention.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you quoting the Microsoft Xbox store rules? lolwut. This is int he android store and later the Apple store which im pretty sure does not have the same rules you quoted from microsoft.....
I know, I did a comparison of most of these game content usage rules (store rules are different) after the whole games companies vs the concept of let's play the other year and they are all pretty similar when all is said and done*, however the MS one makes for a nice example of all the various concepts at play that you can pick out things from. I should have perhaps made that more clear. Nintendo's one ( https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/guide/ ) is rather more couched in poor wording, not legally poor (the only bad thing I have to say is it does not specify that reviews are exempt if you only do that, however it is not their job to offer legal advice so eh) but for those not so versed in law reading it and trying to pick out concepts it is harder to see where MS' you can say "yup that is trademark, yup that is copyright..." for most of it.
The rules of the stores might well apply too, or indeed may be an alternative path for this to be worried, but some seemed to be going down all sorts of odd paths so I thought I would show how game companies tend to think.

*game wise anyway, the recent star trek fan films thing was very interesting indeed as a compare and contrast exercise. http://www.startrek.com/fan-films

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got this app to work once, it spent a whole 2 and half minutes scanning a location, then just hanged there. After that, I couldn't even get it to work. I tried using it on wifi and 4G, nothing, I even tried resetting my phone and it just came back with a blue screen for about 30 seconds, then continued to not work. Oh and my one scan counted as 3 so, that's cute.
I am actually shocked the Staff are defending this app because it obviously doesn't work. There's plenty of of members reporting it doesn't and even I am going to report that it doesn't work. I am sad that this was a GBAtemp exclusive, we deserve better than this.

Last edited by The Catboy,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemesh does its job, it scan every 60 seconds and can be run in the background while using other apps, so you could use it with pokemon go without switching between the two.

Oh and it's free.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To be fair, Chavo and I both reported that it's not working and that we aren't fans. Costello is just defending our right to post what we feel is news and that everyone should get a fair shot (if Pokemesh came to us when it first came out then we would certainly have posted it). FAST pointed out a logical fallacy and had comparisons. Chary, like the rest of us, is pointing out that we weren't paid for this news piece. Thug is still able to get it working so it makes sense for him to still defend it. Also, the developer has shown his face here and is answering questions, seems to be listening to feedback, and looks willing to make changes accordingly.

The thing that all of us staffers agree upon and are defending is that GBAtemp did NOT get paid to endorse this app. We're beating that point to death because some people don't seem to get it.
I would like to say one thing though. Which is that I am happy to see GBAtemp get some exclusive news, at the same time I am just sad to see doesn't live up to exceptions.
The app simply doesn't work and when it did work (for me at least) it took forever to scan and took 3 of my free scans, and worst of all, it just soft locked after one scan and refused to work afterwards.
I respect that GBATemp is allowed to post anything they want on their main page and that they are just reporting the news, but this is a really disappointing exclusive. And don't get me wrong, I respect and love the hell out of GBATemp and the Staff, hell GBATemp (Costello mostly) is the reason I even have my job/apartment right now. Which is why when I report that this doesn't work, it comes from concern and respect for the Temp.
I am not bashing neither of the staff nor the app, just reporting back my finding and raising some concerns towards them. Nor am I implying any form of paid advertisement, although even if it was, that is no concern of mine nor relevant to my grievous.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I am actually shocked the Staff are defending this app because it obviously doesn't work.
To be fair, Chavo and I both reported that it's not working and that we aren't fans. Costello is just defending our right to post what we feel is news and that everyone should get a fair shot (if Pokemesh came to us when it first came out then we would certainly have posted it). FAST pointed out a logical fallacy and had comparisons. Chary, like the rest of us, is pointing out that we weren't paid for this news piece. Thug is still able to get it working so it makes sense for him to still defend it. Also, the developer has shown his face here and is answering questions, seems to be listening to feedback, and looks willing to make changes accordingly.

The thing that all of us staffers agree upon and are defending is that GBAtemp did NOT get paid to endorse this app. We're beating that point to death because some people don't seem to get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1