OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I have a2i with 1.71.
Most games I have work perfect with the cheat list in A2i
For some reason I am getting an error with Pokemon HG. It tells me "no cheats found in DB" ----- then A button & "cheat file not found". Options of "X" to rebuild & "Y"sel.DB & "B" to cancel

Hoping someone can help with this problem. I read alot and couldn't find the answer.....
unsure.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
queenie said:
Hi there, I have a2i with 1.71.
Most games I have work perfect with the cheat list in A2i
For some reason I am getting an error with Pokemon HG. It tells me "no cheats found in DB" ----- then A button & "cheat file not found". Options of "X" to rebuild & "Y"sel.DB & "B" to cancel

Hoping someone can help with this problem. I read alot and couldn't find the answer.....
unsure.gif
My only idea would be: Is the Game ID the same as the ID-requirements for the codes?
If it is, not sure
If it's not, you need codes for the exact Game ID.

queenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
My only idea would be: Is the Game ID the same as the ID-requirements for the codes?
If it is, not sure
If it's not, you need codes for the exact Game ID.

Ok, thanks. I am still VERY new to this and trying to figure it all out. I have a regular action replay. Is there a way to add the code to the AR and then add it to the A2i?
blush.gif

queenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Is your version patched?

You should be using an unpatched ROM.

Ahhhhh, that is why. Thank you for that! Unfortunately I can't find an unpatched version of HG so I am out of luck.
hate2.gif

Thank you again Rydian

queenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Open R4CCE, go to the heartgold code list, and click the button that's got the three periods on it. Then "open" the heartgold ROM when it asks you to, and it'll change the code ID to work with your patched ROM.

You'll have to re-do this if you get a clean ROM, though.

Where do I find the R4CCE file?
unsure.gif

queenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

queenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Sorry, that's a bad link.

http://filetrip.net/f12510-R4CCE-(Yasu).html

That one should work.

Wow, do I feel smart now
yaynds.gif
Got it working thanks to you!! Never figure I'd get alot of this worked out in less than a week . So when I find an unpatched version of HG I'd have to get the ID code back to the real one? Would this be just do the same steps as I just did? Maybe I should just worry about that when the time comes eh?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
queenie said:
Rydian said:
Sorry, that's a bad link.

http://filetrip.net/f12510-R4CCE-(Yasu).html

That one should work.

Wow, do I feel smart now
yaynds.gif
Got it working thanks to you!! Never figure I'd get alot of this worked out in less than a week . So when I find an unpatched version of HG I'd have to get the ID code back to the real one? Would this be just do the same steps as I just did? Maybe I should just worry about that when the time comes eh?
I have to say Pokemon ROMs are the easiest thing to find on Google. Anywho, when and if you get an unpatched HG ROM, simply load up R4CCE and open your Cheat DB with it. Scroll down to Pokemon HG (U) or just search for it. When you click on the game in the left hand column, you'll see the game ID and a button that says "...". Click it and you will get a window as if you're opening something. Find your unpatched ROM and it will inject its game ID into the cheat. Save and exit.

Reason for edit: Need to figure out right from left >.

queenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
I have to say Pokemon ROMs are the easiest thing to find on Google. Anywho, when and if you get an unpatched HG ROM, simply load up R4CCE and open your Cheat DB with it. Scroll down to Pokemon HG (U) or just search for it. When you click on the game in the left hand column, you'll see the game ID and a button that says "...". Click it and you will get a window as if you're opening something. Find your unpatched ROM and it will inject its game ID into the cheat. Save and exit.

Reason for edit: Need to figure out right from left >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1