Status
Not open for further replies.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, the PC version certainly could get bigger with new/other regions, maybe some DLC-like stuff and also better due to the ability to make the maps how they should be for a Yellow remake. But please, do NOT add fakemon (I really hate those in Pokemon hacks). I mean, aren't the 649 already available ones enough?
Sure, on DS it would feel more like an actual Pokemon game, but playing on PC shouldn't be that bad if the game is good/great..
So, yeah - imo you should go with that Poke Scripting thing.

Reactions: 2 people

Goldneedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't fully understand what you mean when you say "including gen 5 pokemon".
Does it mean you will put all Nationaldex in main story?
I think put all pokemon in one game will make a huge mess up and hard for newbie to choose which one to catch so i think just choose some of them which can fully evolve before we challenge E4 and all other pokemon will appear late after you beat E4.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should've clarified. "Why people will choose having a DS compatible remake instead of a PC remake." would've been better.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A GBA Rom Hack because it can be customised more than a DS Rom hack and still be portable

If you are not willing to do that then a DS hack because i need pokemon to be portable

Reactions: 2 people

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably just dreaming here, but wouldn't it be great if the RMXP engine could get ported to I-devices or androids and tablets. Then the PC one would be portable :D

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

If you think making a PC version would be more reasonable, then why don't you just close the poll and work on a PC version?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
is it possible to create a watered down version for the ds of the remake you'll be making for the pc?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just play Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed...

Only benefit to playing Yellow over those two would be an annoying Pikachu following you around and maybe some more useless plot stuff to help sell the anime more (which hardly matters considering the whole Kanto era ended years ago, hell it's what I watched when I was a kid).

Minus the Pikachu following you it's literally a simple ROM hack of LF/FR where you change some rosters, names, and dialogue, something so incredibly easy with the tools nowadays.

If you wanted a "modern era" game to be like Yellow, play HG/SS with Pikachu as your first character in your party and make your name Ash. Hell, you even get the entire continent of Johto play around on first! Amazing, right?

But really, I'd rather wait for an official GameFreak release or for DS Pokemon ROM hacking tools to get more expansive, something on the level of the GBA games. The GBA ROM hacks are amazing, well most of them are. Given simple map editing tools, this remake would probably be quite easy. I feel like any ground-up engine would have its kinks and would just feel crude in comparison to a GameFreak engine.

Reactions: 1 person

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Or you could just play Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed...

Only benefit to playing Yellow over those two would be an annoying Pikachu following you around and maybe some more useless plot stuff to help sell the anime more (which hardly matters considering the whole Kanto era ended years ago, hell it's what I watched when I was a kid).

Minus the Pikachu following you it's literally a simple ROM hack of LF/FR where you change some rosters, names, and dialogue, something so incredibly easy with the tools nowadays.

If you wanted a "modern era" game to be like Yellow, play HG/SS with Pikachu as your first character in your party and make your name Ash. Hell, you even get the entire continent of Johto play around on first! Amazing, right?

But really, I'd rather wait for an official GameFreak release or for DS Pokemon ROM hacking tools to get more expansive, something on the level of the GBA games. The GBA ROM hacks are amazing, well most of them are. Given simple map editing tools, this remake would probably be quite easy. I feel like any ground-up engine would have its kinks and would just feel crude in comparison to a GameFreak engine.
did i ever say it would be a total yellow remake?
i might even follow the anime on all regions, but it would take time.
and trust me this kit is the closest thing ever to gamefreak engine on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Karens, inbreds, MAGAs, severely mentally ill and not taking their medications, etc.
    +1
    300 lb toothless women in bikinis. You name it, it's available at Walmart. lolol
    +1
    I do most of my grocery shopping there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [looks at what you just said, and then looks at you] :O:ohnoes::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    Most Walmart shoppers don't go to Target because they're too triggered over displays of things they won't be buying anyway.
    +1
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +2
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    +1
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded