Gaming Pokémon X and Y: Downloadable Content?

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see DLC, but not DLC that lets you catch more kinds of pokemon. Trading and being able to transfer from past gens makes this kinda... impossible.

...I'd sell my soul for a Battle Frontier DLC.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They should rebuild Kanto and Jotho and whatever else there was in this nice 3D ... they could easily sell it for 10-30$ each XD
and maybe now that we even have Mega Evolution give the player a "special" item that let the Pokemon get up to level 120 or something like this ... and maybe in the "end" let the player exchange their Mega Ring to have one Pokemon staying at Mega forever only to be "cool" or whatever you could think of.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the idea of having a method that makes the mega form permanent. But I dont think they will be doing that in this generation.
Actually, I dont believe there will be any real DLC for X and Y. But I think there may be some hidden stuff on the games that they will unlock sooner or later.
I would not be suprised if they gave you a ticket trough Mystery Gift that let you take a boat ride from Courmarine town to an island to do something.
That feels like something they would do.

Like I said before, we cant be sure about whats inside these games like we could with earlier pokemon games.
This is the first time ever that pokemon games are this secure from hackers. That is why we dont know what stuff may be hidden in there.
And yeah, there have been stuff hidden in every pokemon game there ever was. Just take Mew and Celebi as an example.
It took quite a while before I started hearing about Mew, Heck I even got all 150 pokemon before I had a chance to get Mew.
And in 2nd gen there was Celebi. I wonder.. How many of you got celebi the correct way? To this point we have been fed with gamesharks and hacker information.
Now we get no such treatment no more! I like it!

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
And to add to my last comment.. I hope that they can and will ban people from using the online features if people find a way to cheat. Its just fair to those that are playing the without cheating.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why release free DLC when they can add one or two things and then sell the game for full price again.
We WILL see DLC, it'll either be Pokemon Z (that would totally fit the new super saiyan pokemon...) or more likely Pokemon X2 and Y2.
Pokemon X and Y...now with 5% more content!
Pre-order now for only 39.99

Also note that this is pokemon, therefore there's no such thing as spoilers.

I want triple Exp so I can level Pokemon up to 100 easily.

Pokemon are so pathetically simple to level already...feels much easier than it used to.

Reactions: tatripp

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why release free DLC when they can add one or two things and then sell the game for full price again.
We WILL see DLC, it'll either be Pokemon Z (that would totally fit the new super saiyan pokemon...) or more likely Pokemon X2 and Y2.
Pokemon X and Y...now with 5% more content!
Pre-order now for only 39.99

Also note that this is pokemon, therefore there's no such thing as spoilers.
I was just trying to be considerate, you never know what Pokefans could do if you even let loose that one thing... :P Force of habit since I've started going on reddit...

Pokemon are so pathetically simple to level already...feels much easier than it used to.

I totally agree, I feel that this game was too easy. I feel like the execution could have also been a lot better and they should have held onto the game for a while longer so that the major issues (endgame, lag, etc.) could be fixed.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
NPC in other pokemon games refers to other Regions too.. This is just a way to connect all the regions to the "pokemn world" and make the player reminisce.
It seems as some of you guys really should climb down from you fantasy clouds and face reality. I know it would be "wicked cool and awesome" if they let you download NEW pokemon and go to older regions and stuff.
But I wont sit here and believe in fairytales like that unless there is some really solid reason to believe it.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
3 new pokemon NOT found in the wild were cartridge locked on the cartridge...either Nintendo is lying out their ass about not having DLC "planned" for pokemon or they will be a distribution "event"

1385992_649025541785550_1485714078_n.jpg
1383255788736.jpg

Volcanion seems to be Fire/Water, Diancie Rock/Fairy and Hoopa Ghost/Psychic. The hacker also said there are no Pokémon after 721, as hacking 722 gave him a bad egg. He will also leak two new Mega’s soon. Maybe Sceptile and Swampert?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
These new pokemon are on the cartridge. They are not going to be DLC. However you may have to unlock their events trough an oline event. But that still doesnt make them DLC...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These new pokemon are on the cartridge. They are not going to be DLC. However you may have to unlock their events trough an oline event. But that still doesnt make them DLC...

Havent you heard of disc locked content, or day one dlc?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 Locked contend is not the same as Downloadable content. Day one dlc is still downloaded to the game. Stuff that already sits in your game is not DLC its locked content.
Nintendo will unlock it eventually, and I bet my ass on it that its going to be free.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is actually dlc becuase you need to download an activation token when you purchase it even if its already on the disc

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
They're obviously still going to have event Pokemon here and there.

I can see them throwing in new mega-models that they'll be working on for the next game. Let's be honest about what's going to happen though. Nintendo made a ton of models for these games that took much more resources to make. There's no way they're not going to reuse them in a follow-up game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're planning on doing BOTH Pokemon Z and XY2 this time, possibly the Hoenn remakes too. It's just too much work to go and do all of these and not make as many games off the same engine/graphics as possible.

Because I expect so many games, I think they'll offer very few DLC releases in mind as they horde all developments to make a new game have more new features.

And Z2...?

Here's some ideas that could be DLC:

Free "DLC" : Pokemon X ver1.1 Pokemon Y ver1.1 +Fixed numerous game bugs including the Luminus City Bug

Paid DLC:

Packs: Price Range [2.99 ~ 4.99]
Kanto Gym Leader Pack, Johto Gym Leader Pack, Hoenn Gym Leader Pack, Sinnoh Gym Leader Pack, Unova Gym Leader Pack, Cute Fashion Pack, Elegant Fashion Pack, Energetic Fashion Pack, Cool Fashion Pack, Trainer Fashion Pack 1(Gen I Trainer Clothes&Hairstyles), Trainer Fashion Pack 2(Gen II Trainer Clothes&Hairstyles), Trainer Fashion Pack 3(Gen III Trainer Clothes&Hairstyles), Trainer Fashion Pack 4(Gen IV Trainer Clothes&Hairstyles), Trainer Fashion Pack 5(Gen V Trainer Clothes&Hairstyles), Seasonal Fashion Packs (One for Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Coats, Jackets, Tees, Long pants, dresses, skirts, long and short socks, skarfs, straw hats, swimsuits, etc) Eye Color Contacts Pack(Violet, Red, and White)

Expansions: (Okay, I doubt this will become a reality, but it would be cool if it did!)

Majestic Islands: Explore a newly discovered-archipelago west of the Kalos Region where allot of exotic Pokemon have been seen! Climb the Sun's Tower and fight the legendary Pokemon Ho-Oh, or dive into the ocean's depths with the new Dive HM to discover wild Pokemon on the ocean's floor and enter the Abyssal Cavern and fight the legendary Pokemon Lugia. There have been sightings of Team Aqua on the Sun Islands as well, they seem to be looking for something. Tons of new trainers and four gym leaders of the Sun Islands await! [9.99]

Southern Kalos: Explore Southern Kalos, with 30 new Pokemon, and eight brand new colosseums each with their own rulesets in the new Kalos Battle Frontier. Discover both new and old Pokemon and new towns, and travel to the Southern Kalos Battle Spire, an-ever-changing maze with trainers to fight and treasure to find! Team Magma has been spotted around Southern Kalos as well, they seem to be looking for something. [11.99]

(If both Sun Islands and Southern Kalos is bought, it triggers and cross-DLC event after spicific story events in both DLCs has been met to encounter and capture Rayquaza)

OH GOD YES.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Joe88, first off, you dont purchase any pokemon event.. They are free and will continue to be free.
What you recieve from an event is just a few bytes. If I were to call that DLC, then I might just as well call all my traded pokemon DLC too.
Im so tired about people calling eveything DLC. Or people who think everything has an emulator available, people who think that a flashcard is an emulator.
Or people who still say that Ocarina of time had better graphics on the n64 than the 3DS. People who listen and learn without being able to understand.

Bye bye, Im gonna go and play some WoW now. I have some new DLC in it called 30-days game-time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone